Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Regular Republic clothing and armor

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
10-02-2005, 7:34 PM
I realize I just gave a modding request a little while ago but here is another mod I would like, I might try and do this myself now that I have Fred Tetra's KT installed, but I am not going to be on it for a while, so I will ask somebody else. Is there someway to put a republic suit like the one Trask is wearing in the footlocker where you get your items at the beginning? I always wanted to look like a republic soldier, but the regular clothes are different. If it is possible, I would just want it to show up as "republic armor" or whatever, and have something like 3+ defence, 6+ dexterity bonus.
 RedHawke
10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Then your in luck, for Soldier PC's in KOTOR this Mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7059.html) has been done! :D

It is a replacement for the normal clothing, but you can easily edit some clothes uti's to taste! ;)
 RobQel-Droma
10-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Perfect. Can I make this into just armor instead of replacing the regular clothes, by the way? Because I would like to use this with the scout.
 RedHawke
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Perfect. Can I make this into just armor instead of replacing the regular clothes, by the way? Because I would like to use this with the scout.
Unfortunately not without replacing an entire class of armor in the game.

We only have a limited number of appearance.2da body slots so you would have to replace one of the existing ones to do so, clothing is one of the most common replacements because people hardly wear them after the first parts of the game. ;)

Depending on how the mod was made, to make this available to the Scout as clothing you just need to rename the mods files to match the scouts. You can easily do this by replacing the L in all the filenames with an M, that should work.

Example: PMBBL.mdl becomes PMBBM.mdl, and the same for the mdx and texture files. :D
 RobQel-Droma
10-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Well, I wouldn't mind replacing the republic mod armor and putting something else in that footlocker in the apartment puzzle down on taris.
 RedHawke
10-03-2005, 2:51 AM
Well, I wouldn't mind replacing the republic mod armor and putting something else in that footlocker in the apartment puzzle down on taris.
You can't just pick one armor to replace, it doesn't work that way... The Republic Mod armor is one of the light classes of armor, class 4 I believe, so you would have to replace all the instances of that class of armor with the new model. If that is OK with you then all is well. :)

See when you put on an article of clothing/armor/robes you are actually changing the body model of your PC/NPC and then we get different looks because the item file can call for texture variations, but even still all clothes use the same clothing body model by class, all armors use their particular class of body model 3 through 9, and robes all use the same body model, as do the Star Forge/Revans Robes they have their own model as well.

Hence why we have a boatload of skins and textures as new armor and robes, because we are limited by the amount of available body model slots in appearance.2da.

Hence why modders like Achilles (http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/armor.htm) have made textures for existing body models made to look similar to the color scheme of the Republic Soldiers.
 RobQel-Droma
10-03-2005, 9:28 AM
So you are saying that I am going to be replacing every single "republic mod armor" in the game? Because if so, I am ok, I wish they hadn't used one of the same look for that armor as they had the "heavy armor" or something like that (I mean the heavy armor you get that requires "armor proficiency: light", and is terrible. You get it on the endar spire). But if you are saying that I am going to be replacing every single Class (whatever) armor in the game, then NO. But can I, if so, give the clothing defense abilities and stuff like that even though it is just clothing?
 JediKnight707
10-03-2005, 3:12 PM
What I think that RedHawke is trying to say is that you would be replacing that armor. You would never get that armor that you modified, only the Republic Armor.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-03-2005, 4:35 PM
^^^ think of it this way... say you decide to use it to replace a light armor (any light armor), you in turn would replace EVERY SINGLE light armor in the game with that model. However, you would be able to keep the textures of the light armors you replaced (if some editting is done), the textures would just appear on the model of the republic uniform.

I hope that helped a bit..
 RobQel-Droma
10-03-2005, 6:07 PM
What about clothing variants? Or can you modify the look of the Republic Mod Armor and make it look different when you are wearing it?
 RedHawke
10-04-2005, 1:53 AM
Rob,

Lets look at this this way, the individual armors are not unique they are a texture variant applied over a common Body Model also used by other armors in the game. To replace one will affect all those that use that model.

The Republic Mod Armor is Texture Variant 1 of Body Model Class 5 (Light Armor)... to replace this like you want you would also automatically replace all other Body Model Class 5 armors in the game (No Matter the texture variant they use)... all of them not just the Republic Mod Armor, all the others too, including the Bondan Alloy Heavy Suit, The Zabrak Armors, Eradu Prototype, Bargawin Shadow Armor, Light Exoskeliton, even the rare Ulic Quel-Droma armor which also is class 5 will all become the Republic Uniform... hence why we don't generally go messing/replacing the armor/robe body models in the game, we just skin new texure variants on the normal body models as 'new' armors, like Achilles did in the link I gave you above.

Once again I'll repeat... You cannot do what you want without changing all the armors that use that body model in the game! To see which exact ones you would replace, look here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/itempages1/armor.php) any of these with a 5000 series number in the cheat code string next to their names would be affected in game by your requested Class 5 Body Model model change...

That's why most mods add the NPC body models in the clothing slot, because if you overwrite one of the armors and robe slots you are messing with too much to handle in the game.

But if this doesn't matter to you, you can indeed replace an armor with the Republic Uniform Body, but be warned you will have issues in the game with the Republic Model appearing on all NPC's who wear that class of armor.

Though if you really want to do this, and the 'bugs' won't bother you, and you want instructions, we will be more than happy to post them for you. :)

I hope I was clearer this time! :D
 RobQel-Droma
10-04-2005, 8:19 AM
Unfortunantely, you were much clearer. Well, I guess I will get the mod and then change the name to M or L. By the way, what is the letter for scoundrel? Will this show up automatically without starting a new game? Oh yeah, and could I duplicate the files and have one with and L, one with a M, and one with a whatever, so that this would show up on soldier, scoundrel, and scout all at the same time?
 RedHawke
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Unfortunantely, you were much clearer.
I know it's a bummer, but it is how the game works... :(

Well, I guess I will get the mod and then change the name to M or L. By the way, what is the letter for scoundrel?
S for Scoundrel, M for Scout, L of course is for Soldier. :D

Will this show up automatically without starting a new game?
Yes, it should. :)

Oh yeah, and could I duplicate the files and have one with and L, one with a M, and one with a whatever, so that this would show up on soldier, scoundrel, and scout all at the same time?
Yup, just copy and rename the files, be a little careful when renaming the files though. The files that are named PMBB are male files, and the PFBB are female files. ;)

(Males) Copy and rename to the following;

PMBBL.mdl (Original)
PMBBL.mdx (Original)
PMBBM.mdl
PMBBM.mdx
PMBBS.mdl
PMBBS.mdx
PMBBL01.tga (Original)
PMBBM01.tga
PMBBS01.tga

(Females) Copy and rename to the following;

PFBBL.mdl (Original)
PFBBL.mdx (Original)
PFBBM.mdl
PFBBM.mdx
PFBBS.mdl
PFBBS.mdx
PFBBL01.tga (Original)
PFBBM01.tga
PFBBS01.tga

Drop these 18 files into override and fire up any savegame or new character and put on some clothes! :D
Page: 1 of 1