Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Interview with David Silverstein

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
10-01-2005, 5:12 AM
Our friends over at SWGB Heavengames have had an interview with Associate Producer; David Silverstein. Nothing exciting really stands out in terms of new information, however there is a mention we can expect more than 40 planets and that you won't be able to build ALL structures on a planet - so you will have to decide what will be best and where. A nice interview.

Interview (http://swgb.heavengames.com/eaw/interview.php)

Related Links
SWGB Heavengames (http://swgb.heavengames.com/)

DMUK
 starmark2k
10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
You're right when you say there's nothing we didn't already know, The questions weren't that good and David Silverstein seemed toveer away from the 'new' questions.
 general ackbar
10-01-2005, 2:34 PM
fantastic interview.

i for one didnt know a few things they brought up.
 Naja
10-01-2005, 2:42 PM
Planets can rebel, he says? I wonder if he was just being evasive, and was being a smartass by saying, "well of course the Rebels can capture a planet." Either that, or maybe planets can truly leave your fold if you don't garrison them right, or whatever.
 popcorn2008
10-01-2005, 5:10 PM
Planets can rebel, he says? I wonder if he was just being evasive, and was being a smartass by saying, "well of course the Rebels can capture a planet." Either that, or maybe planets can truly leave your fold if you don't garrison them right, or whatever.
I bet that the planets can really rebel, he was just adding in the rebellion concept to be a smarty. Im hoping when we get our faq back that not all the questions answers are "We cant discuss that at this time." ALSO did anyone notice on the question asking can the death star shoot down ships he gives a clever work around and doesnt answer the question?????
 Naja
10-01-2005, 9:28 PM
Yeah, the exact same waffling that they do when they're asked about the SSD. *lol*
 popcorn2008
10-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, the exact same waffling that they do when they're asked about the SSD. *lol*
Its that waffling that makes me worry if it is really in the game or not. Of course they could be doing that on purpose because it is in the game but they want to wait to reveal it. Thinking about this gives me a major headache lol.
 Naja
10-02-2005, 6:49 PM
My main assumption is that waffling = "Lucasarts won't allow us to tell about further (new) units."
 Garbageben
10-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah the interview didn't really reveal anything to me. Lucasarts must be forcing them to keep a closed mouth about a lot of the details. I wonder when Lucasarts will loosen the hold on outgoing information for Empire at War...
 Naja
10-03-2005, 8:34 PM
Here's your first clue:

Ho, ho, ho...
 Garbageben
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Do you really think they'll wait 2 and a half months to release some more info? Hopefully not, but the demo should be here in two and a half months. :D
 popcorn2008
10-04-2005, 3:02 PM
Do you really think they'll wait 2 and a half months to release some more info? Hopefully not, but the demo should be here in two and a half months. :D
Knowing Lucasarts they are definetely saving their best EaW info for a later date.
Page: 1 of 1