Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Mod - Star Wars: Legacy of War Announced

Page: 2 of 2
 Crazyviking03
02-07-2006, 2:38 PM
I have a question about this mod, LOOKS GREAT BY THE WAY. As you all are going by canon, which is very good, it brings up a problem that I have always wondered about if a game was ever made with canon in mind, and that is, the Empire has such powerful machines of war and so many. In the books and such, the New Republic always wins simply because of a hero or marytr, some elite group like Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron or some stroke of luck. But in a computer game, unless you have a massive amount of heros and such, it would be very unbalanced infavor of the Empire. For sake of balance, how do you intend to balance things out. I know some will argue that lack of intelligence on the part of imperial commanders also played heavily, but again, that will be void when a human player is the empire. Just wondering. (I am a true star wars fan, who has been dorment for a few years, so if anything here is off or wrong, please forgive me, dont flame me :vsd:
 mandead
02-07-2006, 3:08 PM
Yeah, I agree with the point mentioned. There are things in films that simply can not be emulated in games.

When do you intend to release the mod by the way, and how 'complete' will a first release be?
 Juggernaut1985
02-07-2006, 5:16 PM
I have no release date in mind, its too early to even have a date. Not to mention real life likes to jerk us around.

How 'complete'? New Republic and Imperial Remnant factions for Multi and campaign. Ep5-Cloned Emperor expansion of the camapign. I know thats just a few words but when you look at that time there is alot of stuff to put in.
Page: 2 of 2