Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR I Character Imports

Page: 1 of 1
 chaleur
09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Inspired by RobQel-Droma's post in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150839&page=2&pp=40) and also, the discussions here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150864&page=4&pp=40) I'm seriously curious to see what people think. Will split this into two threads, one for KotOR I and one for KotOR II, 'cause it's easier, and 'cause the poll only allows 10 options. Thus also not including lots of characters who had less major rolls, but could re-appear. Also assuming that characters who died in some (if not all) paths can be brought back somehow (if you don't see how it could be done to your satisfaction, don't vote for 'em). This also has the advantage of avoiding spoilers!

SO: What KotOR I chars do you want to see imported as a party member (not just making an appearance) in KotOR III?

The KotOR II poll thread is at: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153100)
 fresnosmokey02
09-30-2005, 4:10 PM
T3 and HK go without saying. Canderous/Mandalore is a definate possibility as he was gathering the clans to help Revan upon his return. Bastila is another possibility as she goes off looking for Revan if DS; and as LS you see her in a scene after you meet Carth in K2, so she obviously wasn't on Katarr and who knows she may have run off after that meeting to find Revan or she may join the next team to find Revan.
 The_Maker
09-30-2005, 4:53 PM
You shoulnd't have made 2 seperate threads, one thread is good enough...
 Achilles
09-30-2005, 5:54 PM
Err...let's see: Jolee, Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar, Bastila, and Carth can all be killed in KotOR so I seriously doubt that the devs will put forth a whole lot of effort to bring any of them back from K3. A (rather tricky) exception was made for Bastila and Carth in TSL, but I doubt the devs will attempt to scrape any more mileage out of those cameos.

Droids don't age and can't be killed. You can take them apart but they can be put back together again. They can be damaged, but they can also be repaired. For those reason (if for no other), I'll bet that we'll see T3 and HK back again.
 RedHawke
10-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Droids don't age and can't be killed. You can take them apart but they can be put back together again. They can be damaged, but they can also be repaired. For those reason (if for no other), I'll bet that we'll see T3 and HK back again.
*Nods head in agreement!* Definately! :D

Though it is also a good bet about having Mandalore playing some part in K3 as well... while he might not be recruitable, I hope for some cool cutscenes with him! ;)
 Weiser_Cain
10-01-2005, 1:40 AM
Anyone that remembers me knows I went for Juhani though it isn't really fair since I'd like to see Mission, Canderous/Mandalore(less so than the others since we know what happened to him), and Me/Revan. back
 MrVorlon
10-01-2005, 1:56 PM
Bastila. I'd like to see how much stronger she has become in the force.
 Kensai
10-01-2005, 3:36 PM
The droids, nothing else, as Achilles said it was a hashed up job that TSL did onn using Carth and Bastila, almost to appease some fans...

Surely the only kick ass character who should be there would be Jolee, won't happen though :(
 Darth333
10-01-2005, 5:35 PM
R2-D2 and C3P0 err... I mean HK and T3 :D perhaps also Canderous but they better give him his K1 personality back as in K2 he was totally uninteresting as most npcs except Kreia (I did not liked any k2 party member apart Kreia: they were just bland). Other than that I want new party members and new background stories to discover. All the other party members could be killed in K1. I killed Bastila half of the time when I played the game and seing her in K2 was weird.
 chaleur
10-03-2005, 3:00 PM
You shoulnd't have made 2 seperate threads, one thread is good enough...

Yeah maybe, except for the 10 poll option limit. It was either that, or make some value judgements of my own on who should be included and who shouldn't. Ideally, I think, we could have a ranking system, where you vote 1-10 on each character, or something, and then we could do some funky visualisations and stuff for how much people REALLY want each character. I can still do some funky visualisations this way when there's more votes been entered, but not quite as cool.

Never give statistics to a graphics geek, and not expect weird visualisations. Muahahaha.
 RobQel-Droma
10-03-2005, 3:30 PM
T3-M3 and HK-47 without a doubt. Canderous/Mandalore should be a possibility as he has seemed to be a lasting character throughout KotOR, like he is the represantitive of the mandalorians. Bastila and/or Carth should make and appearance, after all they are the main characters of the first one (and likewise Atton should appear). They could be dead, true, but I think that they should show up after you have set Revan to light or dark, and male or female. For example-
Light and Male- both alive (I consider Revan saving Bastila to be the regular light choice)
Light and Female- both alive (Bastila alive because of previous reason)
Dark and Male- both alive (except Bastila is dark)
Dark and Female- Bastila dark, Carth dead
I don't think that we will be seeing Juhani or Jolee or Mission and Big Z, although I suppose they could work that out using some choices like those above. If you are dark,

Mission and Zaalbar are both dead, even if you used dominate mind on Zaalbar and had him kill Mission and didn't bring him with you on the Star Forge, where he attacks you, it is a safe bet that he was killed afterward. Juhani can be killed in the grove on Dantooine and on the temple in the Unknown world if you go dark, and Jolee can be killed in the temple if you go dark.

Actually, Jolee would probably be dead anyways, from old age, so I would think that he would only appear as a force ghost, if at all.

(hey, how do you do whited out spoiler thing?)
 chaleur
10-03-2005, 4:24 PM
(hey, how do you do whited out spoiler thing?)

SPOILER Tag. You can see all the tags here: http://www.lucasforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode). SPOILER is the last one, if you click on it, it will show you an example.

I'd been thinking recently about the ability to choose a couple of characters for your party, based on your choice of M/F LS/DS for KotOR I and II. Why should it have to be fixed? They probably need HK-47 for the plot, but others? Practically, there's maybe a half dozen characters they'd need to allow. That's a half dozen actors in the studio for a day each -- not too expensive, and I'm sure they make enough. And they wouldn't require different locations, or animations. Maybe a small quest script for each, but that's not too hard. The hardest bit would be coming up with permulations of interchanges between them and the new NPCs (like where Basty knocks Mission over). An extra week's work for a writer, maybe, and a couple of weeks for a scripter.

I think that's entirely doable, especially if they're not making major engine changes (I think those would be bad anyway), and have people who are already familiar with the engine about. And I would certainly be more driven to replay the game with different choices of party members, so the influence system (which forces you to replay to open up different story areas) wouldn't bug me half as much.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-03-2005, 4:29 PM
All mentioned. :D
 AnakinSolaris
10-18-2005, 5:18 AM
HK & T3 are the only ones who should be "party members". These two add a lot to the game, and should both be available from the beginning this time.

Don't think that any of the others should be "party members", but I would like to see appearances from Carth & Canderous/Mandalore. All other characters fufilled their purpose in KOTOR1 and so shouldn't be brought back.

As for Bastila, I would like to see a similar character in 3, but not Bastila herself (with regard to continuity, you can actually kill Bastila at the end of KOTOR1 as well)

As for Revan, he/she has gone to the unknown regions in KOTOR2, and it is heavily implied that he/she is never coming back again.

Personally, i would prefer a new PC and new party members to go along with that, with the exceptions of HK-47 & T3-M4.
 ForceFightWMe12
10-18-2005, 7:01 PM
I'd definatly like to see Revan, Bastila, and Carth all back. Of course we'll probably see the droids as well.
A lot of you pointed out that Bastila and Carth could die on the DS for K1, but they could appear as Force Ghosts or whatever you want to call 'em. Personally, I don't care how the heck they put them in for the DS path, I just want 'em back.
 Kain
10-18-2005, 7:44 PM
How about this: We get a whole new group of people? Would that be so bad?
 A-Dark-Power
10-19-2005, 3:03 PM
The two essential characters - HK-47 and T3! Also i say Jolee because we never know what happens to him and Revan because I think he's the main character in the series.
 Darth Covetous
10-19-2005, 3:12 PM
Hehe, I wanna see Trask come back, he was Bandon's apprentice. (I mean come on, he was SOOOO eager to run in there with him, and he already told you earlier dark jedi were out of your league, plus he hardly knew you, why risk his life for you?)
 RobQel-Droma
10-19-2005, 3:15 PM
As I said before, I think that T3 and HK are essential, along with Canderous/Mandalore. They have lasted through that past two games and have been party members, so I think that they should show up again. Of course, I think that they should have an evil droid like one I suggested in another thread if certain people (sorry Kain, but you are the one person that comes to mind :lol: ) don't want the droids.

I think that the main characters from I and II should make a reappearence. I would like to see Carth, Bastila, and Atton, unless you say the Revan killed them, or whatever. Of course, some of the other party members could show up. Like maybe Brianna as the head of an academy on Telos, or Jolee as a force ghost (even if Revan didn't go to the dark side, he probably died- he was an old man).

I agree with Kain completely though. We should get a totally new group of people (well, except for the ones I mentioned in the beginning). If we get people we have already had, they are going to be different than we made them in the past games, and they also are not going to have any backstory to discover, and nothing to do with them: no turning them into Jedi, no nothing.
 FiEND_138
10-19-2005, 3:57 PM
Just the droids. If Candalore shows up again thats good too.
 koracho
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Revan. I feel like he is needed for the whole KoTOR story line
 Ztalker
07-03-2008, 4:53 AM
Revan is nearly impossible to enter...

Even if you give him the 'gender hiding' armor and robes, he still has to have a voice of some sorts, or an alignment refering to the firts Kotor game.
At this moment, it's still open what/who/sesameseed Revan did, and I think the dev's like to keep it that way..

Anyways,
Call me insane, but i'd like Juhani and Jolee to appear. They both...must have been greatly influenced by Revan. I'd like to see where it took them.
 Soogz
07-03-2008, 8:08 AM
I think the only ones that are going to go are going to be T3 and HK-47.
 Prime
07-03-2008, 8:28 AM
HK and T3 for certain, possibly Canderous. But for the most part I'd want all new characters.
 Ronin`
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
HK, T3, Canderous, and Bastilla if Revan was male and Carth if Revan was female.
 Starman_x
07-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Most likely the droids, even if I am tired of them. I really hope Canderous doesn't come back... I felt he was pretty useless in both Kotor's. I'd like to see Juhani, but that probably won't happen.
Page: 1 of 1