Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Upgradeable remote

Page: 1 of 1
 Weiser_Cain
09-30-2005, 4:36 AM
Simple(?).
 Jackel
09-30-2005, 4:50 AM
You mean fully upgradeable like t3 and hk-47 (armour, guns shields etc)? or do you mean "talk to him and its gets better stats?" type of upgrading?
 Weiser_Cain
09-30-2005, 5:36 AM
I mean like upgrading him on the weapon/item bench actually. Just felt unexplored to me. Iwant to be able to tinker with it's insides to either add skill bonuses to the irridorian or give it a more active role in combat.
 oldflash
09-30-2005, 7:40 AM
try this http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15621.html)
"- remodel and reskin Bao-Dur's remote (can equip. with droid items on malachor)
- improved stats (imunity Stun, Fear, Horror, Paralysis, poison,regeneration +4, dexterity +10, hp:350, level27, AC+5, fast movement rate,reflex +10)
- is equipped with:
*** "remote multi-spectral emiter" (d_device_90.uti: unlimited uses, dmg:100 energy/DC24+lv for half-dmg);
*** "remote unity grid" (d_shield_90.uti: unlimited uses, absorbs:energy, sonic, cold, heat, ion 110pts-200seconds or max. dmg taken);
*** "remote energized armor" (d_armor_90.uti: defense bonus 14, 10/- vs bludgeoning/piercing/slashing, reflex+5) (no special description for items)"
 stoffe
09-30-2005, 8:02 AM
I mean like upgrading him on the weapon/item bench actually. Just felt unexplored to me. Iwant to be able to tinker with it's insides to either add skill bonuses to the irridorian or give it a more active role in combat.

Nice idea. :)

While I haven't tried it, the easiest way is probably to add extra options to the workbench "computer screen" interface dialog (the one which opens either the Create or Upgrade screens) which will allow you to equip the Remote with items held in the party inventory, grant it extra feats or adjust its stats.

Since Remote is a puppet and those are supposed to be game persistent, any equipment a script puts on him should stay on for the rest of the game (or until you replace it with something else). Changes to its stats or feats should stick as well.

As for giving it a more active combat role, that would require altering the AI scripts since you have no control over what the Remote does.

While doing all this might take some work, I can't see any real difficulties that would prevent it from being done. :)
 Weiser_Cain
10-02-2005, 5:51 PM
Willing to try?
Page: 1 of 1