Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

im tired of pazaak what about dejarik or sabacc

Page: 1 of 1
 taclled
09-29-2005, 5:58 AM
im tired of old pazaak can som body make a dejarik or a sabacc game for TSL and kotor 1 :007: :edeaths:
 Darth InSidious
09-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Hmmm.....It might be possible...? A top-down view, maybe, a circular room, and some holographic creatures (maybe a drexl included too?)?

Interesting idea...
 Darkkender
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
What are the rules to those games?
 DuffmanDan
09-29-2005, 1:10 PM
sabacc is similar to pazaak, in that the closer you reach to a certain point the better your hand is. Another way to think of it is this -
pazaak = blackjack/21
sabacc = poker

If you've read the loads of sw books out there (like i have, darn im such a nerd ;) ) then you would know that there are many different sub-types of sabacc, like there is poker. 5 card stud, texas hold'em, 7 card draw, and so on. The interesting thing about sabacc is that there is a scambleing factor, and that the cards you discard can come back as anything (even some of the same cards you already have). I dont recall all the suits off the top of my head, but there is cups, staves, and 2 others i cant remember =/. Numbers range from 0 to 5 i think. depending on the specific type of sabacc you are playing, you are looking for runs, sets of 3 or more, or odd (statisicly unlikely sets) of numbers (0,2,3 of any suit is called an 'idiot's array' if i remember my reading correctly :P, according to some set of rules that you could play this game by)

dejarik is like chess with a round board, less pieces, and differemt movement rules. for example-
paun could = gizka
king = storm beast
knight = rancor
biship = katarn

or what have you. each turn, you can move one piece, and if you are in range, you can attack (kill) a piece close to yours. Last creature standing is the winner, not capture the king like in chess.

God im a nerd (scored a 68% on the geek test *hides*)
 Darkkender
09-29-2005, 1:52 PM
Well with a little bit more information on how sabacc is played we might be able to pull something off.

However Dejarik Would be more of a "No Go" Mostly due to the logic involved in a chess style game. The AI would have to be really advanced for the computer opponent in order to be effective.

The biggest road block would be figuring out the GUI environment and models to get that to work. It wouldn't be a face down Camera Angle setup unfortunately.

So how many Q's did you fib on Duffman :)
 DuffmanDan
09-29-2005, 5:24 PM
*cough*

honestly? maybe 6

exagerate? about the same

*hides* -_-
 taclled
09-30-2005, 7:05 AM
Hmn.
 taclled
10-06-2005, 7:06 AM
So does any one know how to do this
 Darth333
10-06-2005, 10:26 AM
It's not possible. The only mini games we can implement in Kotor would be text based mini-games.
Page: 1 of 1