Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You know your obsessed with psychonauts when

Page: 5 of 5
 alliespixie
11-09-2005, 7:52 PM
or when he says, i'm going to be the master of disguse.
 DarthAve
11-09-2005, 8:16 PM
Did you see the cutscene where he was that painter guy.

"Now, let's put a nice cool moustache on the big bald guy's face. Oh yeah, that's refreshing."
 alliespixie
11-09-2005, 8:31 PM
yeah, i like the part with the dude disgused as a cherry tree . no cherry tree for you george washington.
 gopsychonauts
07-21-2006, 6:50 AM
Even though you don't own the game, you spend 24.5 hours a day doing something related to it, thus making your friend, who DOES own the game, incredibly sick of Psychonauts.

Happened to me; going to get PC version soon though.

I do that dance (Bobby Zilch one; I liked the bit where Raz does it in Waterloo World though) once every 30 mins or so, and make quotes even more often.

"It's fortified with what the world wants... What the world deserves..." -Boyd

"I beat you like back in high school, loser! Wait...who am I?" -Raz

"So now I get another lecture?" -Raz
"No. Here is your merit badge. Never let us speak of this again." -Sasha

"Can you have a nibble on that, and see if I can taste it?" -Ford

Another one: You tell your teacher that you will do your maths if she gives you a Psycho-Portal. (Usually results in said teacher asking what a Psycho-Portal is)

You design people's minds on paper, for a small fee. (i.e. draw up a level based on the mind of the person, including objects based on interests, etc.) For example, I designed a football-liking friend's level, with a big football platform you can stand on and TK around the area, and you must collect four football trophies to reach the final boss, the local football team.

Please note, all above things have happened to me. Thank you, goodbye.
 Klia
07-21-2006, 8:20 AM
Did you see the cutscene where he was that painter guy.

"Now, let's put a nice cool moustache on the big bald guy's face. Oh yeah, that's refreshing."
Where is that and how do you get to it?

Gopsy, I want to hear that teacher story.
 DarthAve
07-21-2006, 4:45 PM
Klia, it was in the end credits. I think, It's been forever since I've seen Master of Disguise/

You know your obsessed with psychonauts when you do the Bobby Zilch dance in celebration after winning volleyball.
True story.
 Mrs Nein
07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
you know you're obsessed with psychonauts when you fantasize about marrying Sasha
 Mrs Nein
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
hey! outa your room with my Sasha!
 pyrohappygirl
07-26-2006, 12:26 AM
You know your obsessed with psychonauts when you do the Bobby Zilch dance in celebration after winning volleyball.
True story.

Wait... I'm not the only one who does that? I DID THAT TODAY. We were playing volleyball, I did an amazingly awesome spike, and then I did the Bobby Zilch victory dance... Which is also Raz's

XD

Everyone stared...
 DarthAve
07-26-2006, 2:35 AM
This stupid preppy kid was always asking me to do it. I was all like 'Um, no f*** you."
 pyrohappygirl
07-26-2006, 2:59 AM
Hehe. Yeah... No-one wants me to do it, but I do anyway.

You know you're obsessed with Psychonauts when you play the stuff you've pulled from the game at lunchtime at school. With around fifteen people about.
 DarthAve
07-26-2006, 3:06 AM
You know your obsessed with psychonauts when your have Sasha Nein of your LJ friends list.

~self, pyro, mashi and holly all raise hands~
 pyrohappygirl
07-26-2006, 3:57 AM
You know your obsessed with psychonauts when your have Sasha Nein of your LJ friends list.

~self, pyro, mashi and holly all raise hands~

That just means we're obsessed with Sasha! And most likely Psychonauts as well...
 Smon
07-26-2006, 3:59 AM
You know you're obsessed when you draw a Bonus Stage rendition of Raz out of merely a whim.
 pyrohappygirl
07-26-2006, 6:49 AM
Is that a referecne to ME by chance?
 Mashi An'krekku
07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
No, I think that's me. Though I might be misunderstanding the "out of whim" part.

I'm not neccessarily OBSESSED with Sasha. I just like reading his journal. He tells some pretty funny stories. About flies that take two hours to kill and his new hooch "Nein to Shive".
 DarthAve
07-26-2006, 3:04 PM
Yeah, it's really amusing to talk about his love life with him. He says he can survive without women, but doesn't want to die a virgin. oddness.
 Flack-jacket99
07-27-2006, 11:38 PM
ok, how about: 'when you wear a pear of red goggles down the street so people wont poke your eyes out with pins :\
 Mashi An'krekku
07-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Or: you wear a pair of red goggles EVERY DAY AT SCHOOL and then the school has to ban all headgear to make you sad.
 Smon
07-28-2006, 12:14 AM
...everytime you watch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" you yell "Oh that's so messy, just use the pepper instead!"
 Ariel Lobotto
08-06-2006, 9:47 PM
Hmm...personally i prefer Dr Lobotto out of all the guys on Psychonauts
 Smon
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Hmm...personally i prefer Dr Lobotto out of all the guys on Psychonauts
I never would've guessed. e_e

Welcome to the LFRD!
 DarthAve
08-07-2006, 2:02 AM
You know your obsessed with psychonauts when your Sasha Nein fandrawing get's stolen out of your hands at school.
 Smon
08-07-2006, 2:16 AM
...the word "Nein-gasm" becomes a horrible and disturbing part of your daily life.
 DarthAve
08-07-2006, 2:20 AM
You know your obsessed with psychonauts when... You've run out of 'you know you obsessed with psychonauts'-ism's.
 DylanMay
08-13-2006, 6:31 PM
...the word "Nein-gasm" becomes a horrible and disturbing part of your daily life.

I'm speechless.
 Spookty
08-16-2006, 11:32 PM
You know your obsessed when...
You WISH you had Loboto on your shoes,but don't cuz you already have Zim on them.
 DarthAve
08-16-2006, 11:47 PM
You know your obsessed with Psychonauts when, for a birthday present, you gave your math teacher a g-man drawing.
 Spookty
08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
You know you're obsessed with Psychonauts when you just SIT there and watch the amv thingies after you beat it.
 Paranoidish
08-17-2006, 8:58 AM
When you come back on a board you haven't been on in a while.
 Klia
08-17-2006, 9:00 AM
When you go around singing Domo Arigato Mr. Loboto
 Smon
08-17-2006, 11:52 AM
...when you walk around singing Domo Arigoto Mr. Aquato.
 pyrohappygirl
08-18-2006, 1:50 AM
When your pseudonym on fanfiction.net is Psychonaut Madz
 shinzuku
08-18-2006, 7:47 PM
Well I'm here, aren't I?
 Paranoidish
08-19-2006, 2:16 PM
When your pseudonym on fanfiction.net is Psychonaut Madz

You wouldn't mind supplying a link, would you?
 Holly Ziviene
08-21-2006, 7:30 PM
...When you take a picture of one of the characters to the hairdresser's and say "I want my hair like this!". Bonus points if it's someone like Gloria, Jasper or Bobby.
 Paranoidish
08-22-2006, 7:24 AM
You know your obsessed with Psychonauts when Tim Schaffer starts to make sense.
 Yaanu
09-06-2006, 9:20 PM
You take your time in the game, going to all possible areas between levels to find secret dialouge not normally reachable in the main story, and recording it all down for the penultimate world end, when you finally publish your Psychonauts novel, with a bonus chapter with all said secret dialouge and preview of Psychonauts 2: Electric Boogaloo, and a preview of the Psychonauts movie script, and some sketches of your Psychonauts graphic novel. The deluxe package comes with a hand-stitched Raz hat/goggles combo and a booklet: How To Become A Psychic In Three Short Days. Written by you, of course, as you have also managed to harness your psychic powers. And hired a Russian.

Then, and only then, will you have become a Psychonauts obsessee.

But if that way takes too long, just catch your own lungfish and re-create Lungfishopolis.
 DarthAve
09-06-2006, 9:31 PM
...woah. That's creepy.

You know your obsessed with psychonauts when you fill out forms, and the line where it says 'religion' you put 'Psychonaut'

You know your obsessed with Psychonauts when you make a movie maker project with scenes, concept art, and music from psychonauts and make a movie thing. THEN you show it to your computer lab teacher.
 Poopdogjr
09-07-2006, 12:25 AM
This whole thread is awesome. AWESOME TO THE MAX.
 Caligosto
09-09-2006, 11:36 AM
When you go around singing Domo Arigato Mr. Loboto

Me and my sister do the same thing. ^.x
 Jintor
09-19-2006, 7:32 AM
You know your obsessed with Psychonauts when you make a movie maker project with scenes, concept art, and music from psychonauts and make a movie thing. THEN you show it to your computer lab teacher.

Done and done.
 DylanMay
09-22-2006, 8:17 AM
You know you're obsessed with psychonauts when on your first big chemistry test you list "psitanium" as one of the elements. Even though you've already been told it's not, like three times.
 DarthAve
09-22-2006, 2:44 PM
You know your obsessed with Psychonauts when your the offical creator of Psychonauts Day(First Saturday in october, EVERYONE REMEMBER!!!)
 Yaanu
09-22-2006, 3:39 PM
You're obsessed when you start researching a countless number of websites to find ways to harness your internal psychic powers.

And then your siblings laugh at you for wearing goggles.

(And yet, the goggles still seem to kick ass...)
 Digitaldreamer
09-22-2006, 4:40 PM
You know you are obsessed with Psychonauts when:

You take a high school Psychology class purely for the purpose of hopefully getting some extra info so in your fanfic you won't be spitting out random info.

You confuse your Psychology class with the word "Psychonauts" to the point where you mislabel it on your tests.

Nearly every term used in said Psychology class will be related to Psychonauts in some way in your head.

You make a point of explaining these relations in the class whenever called upon.

Your Psyche teacher has just plain old given up on bothering with you these days, and it's only the third week of school.

You don't mind vacuuming the house anymore, because every time you find a cobweb you get to suck it up with the hose and declare "GOT IT!" to the empty house.

When asked what you want to be when you get out of high school, your first response is "PSYCHONAUT!". Upon realizing what you just said you hunker down and meekly say "Er...I meant...a graphic artist...yeah..."

You crack up whenever someone mentions the word nine in a setence just because Sasha's last name is Nein and he's ranted about how much he hates jokes about it in his livejournal.

Whenever someone says something that reminds you of a quote in Psychonauts, you spit out the quote, regaurdless of where you are or who you're with at the time.

A visit to the dentist becomes far more traumatic than it should be. Every time the good doctor opens her mouth to speak, you interupt her by declaring "My brain wouldn't be that good for running a cybernetic psychic death tank anyway!"

You claim your hat with kitty ears is your "special hat", and if anyone so much as touches it you scream something akin to "DON'T! YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE!" and promptly burst into fits of sobbing over your supposed truamatic "accidents."
 dillon123
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
When you start to have dreams about flying meat
 DarthAve
09-23-2006, 11:21 PM
When your going to legally change your name to Cassidy Phage Adaline.
 Yaanu
09-24-2006, 8:44 PM
You hack into the game to extract the game model data to make your own music video of Sasha breakdancing to "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm (originally by Michael Ja- Ok, I'm talking too long.
 Ray_the_psychic
09-24-2006, 10:46 PM
When you create a giant paper mache psychic death tank and try taking out your wrestling coaches brain saying "Time to pull out that pesky brain!!!!"

When you get a pet turtle and name it mr. pokeylope
Page: 5 of 5