Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

Page: 2 of 5
 ilwugoalie
11-17-2005, 9:50 PM
Goto google & search for KOTOR 3 .. you will find bits of news. that Lucas arts was working on it.. BUt they laid off the team who was doing the work. SO that project is Stalled.

WHAT we need to do it Star emailing Luca Arts & LEtting them KNow WE want this Game Made !

So let me get this straight, they had started, and them fired the team that was developing it..... Lucas just keeps earning points in my book :firemad:
 OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

I JUST FOUND THIS ... I'm gonna Check it out .
 OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Gamedreams has posted word that another installment of Knights of the Old Republic (in fact, KOTOR 3) is already in development

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I’d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!

THIS TOO
 RaV™
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Combat style of JE? loved it!
 Char Ell
11-17-2005, 10:56 PM
As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway... etc. etc.
You've run across an old rumor someone decided to start. It's been debunked in a previous forum thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1846298#post1846298)
Notice how mammoth is misspelled? BioWare wouldn't make an important announcement like this thru such informal and unverifiable means.

You can also see comments made by Bioware reps who also refute this claim on Bioware's forums at http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtop...445216&forum=26)

@qaz79 - Welcome to LucasForums! :waive1:
 OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 11:57 PM
DAnget !
 kookaburra
11-25-2005, 3:14 AM
Hello

Article found: 25TH November 2005 (AEST)

More KOTOR III Talk?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting more KOTOR III stuff I just can't help it . OKay I was just browsing www.teamxbox.com) and it just very briefly said something about Star Wars KOTOR sequel. I'm not sure if they mean't KOTOR II or not but I think they are more likely refering to KOTOR III. But any way take a lookie for you self.

Xbox360 In Bad Need Of RPG's

We know that sometime in the future, the Xbox 360 will have RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Jade Empire sequel, Fable sequel, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic sequel and the like. But Microsoft should not give up getting established RPG franchises and if they have to make big deals with the respective owners of them, then they should go for it!

Linkie: http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/1369/TXB-Community-The-Need-of-RPGs-on-the-Xbox-360/p1/)

I just stumbled upon this by accident. Of course I was looking for KOTOR III in the list and they did mention somethnig about a KOTOR word.

any way

Enjoy
 Prime
11-25-2005, 8:58 AM
I think that comment is more refering to it being inevitable because they would be silly not to.
 stingerhs
11-25-2005, 8:45 PM
^^^^
i agree. i think its quite apparant to more than just us that having a Kotor sequel on the Xbox is something even Micro$oft realizes. i'm just hoping that it won't become a 360 "exclusive".
 ilwugoalie
11-25-2005, 10:00 PM
most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.

I play xbox, and am going to buy the 360, but i'm not buying till KoTOR III comes out.... KOTOR was the reason I bought XBox in the first place.
 RedHawke
11-26-2005, 12:17 AM
most likely it will be exclusive. You make it exclusive, you getting more people to buy the system.
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.
 Bob Lion54
11-26-2005, 4:04 AM
^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.
 ilwugoalie
11-26-2005, 2:01 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. It is true that console games sell more, but it is also true that in a business, you move as much of your product as you can, because this means more $$$ for your company.

^^^
Exactly.

While the PC market is not as lucrative as the console market, its still large enough that LA is going to want to get what money they can from it.

alright, sorry... when i said "exclusive" I was making a referance between the two XBox systems. he will with no doubt make the game for PC (not that it matters to me, I'm not going to waste money buying it for a system and for the PC... did that with the first game). But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.
 RedHawke
11-26-2005, 6:31 PM
^^^^
When you said "exclusive" I took it as you were saying exclusive (http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/exclusive.html).

From what you posted it looked like you were saying it would likely be for Xbox 360 only, hence you got my response.

No worries! :D

11-27-2005, 7:56 AM
Well thisis good news indeed. I have heard about Obissan talking kotor 3. Let's hope we get the great graphics and a better plot.....I can't wait!
 Char Ell
11-27-2005, 5:56 PM
But I doubt Lucas Arts will bother with a version for the XBox when the finished product wont be out for most likely a year or more. The more time goes by, the more the 360 is going to push the original XBox out.
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?
 ilwugoalie
11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
IMO, this has already happened. I would be highly surprised if any game publisher/creator released a game for the XBOX now. I think we will only see XBOX 360 games going forward. Seriously, why would anyone make a game for a now-defunct console?

I know, this is pretty much common sense. But i've read several threads where people are saying they want it on the now old XBox. Why peole would want to stay with the old system is beyond me
 JediMaster12
11-29-2005, 3:03 PM
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.
 ilwugoalie
11-29-2005, 3:39 PM
COST, MAN, COST! I was able to get a good deal on my XBox (I've got connections) but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to afford the 360. I've heard it costs a bundle. over $200 with tax figured in. Tell me if I'm wrong.

$200.00 for a 360?? your very wrong... the core system ( that is basicly just the box and a controller) goes for 399.... the Premium, or platinum is going for over 600....

I got hooked up on mine (a platinum system), and sold it on ebay for $1,300.

People are going overboard for these things
 kookaburra
12-01-2005, 3:51 AM
I was just surfing another Kotor fourm and this person *claims* Kotor III is anounced but I just take it as a rumour. Have a look for yourself any way.

Just take this as a rumour because I can't see any offical source from Lucasarts.

This person claims:

Kotor III Rumour

Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/)
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-01-2005, 5:43 AM
Kotor 3 Rumors: Well its true! There are announcements from lucas arts of a new knights of the old republic game. They are already at a finish for the game and is planning for a release in 2006. It will hit the new big X Box 360 with all the new amazing graphics. You will be able to have more features in the game as such as ruling your own empire. More Kotor 3 games news will be announced whenever Lucas Arts does.

source:

http://www.starwarsclub.tk/)

Unless that person is an employee or has deep connections with Lucas Arts, I wouldn't believe him.
 kookaburra
12-01-2005, 6:10 AM
I found more:

Kotor3?

Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.

source:

http://www.force-temple.com/kotor/#250)
 ilwugoalie
12-01-2005, 9:21 AM
untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.
 Prime
12-01-2005, 9:32 AM
Rumours run abound in the UK XBox360 magazines that the latest installment of this series is slated for this console, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by anyone.Well, no doubt it will come out for teh 360. But that could still be 5 years away...
 Bastila
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Well its going to come out on the 360 but i still think it wont be out till 2007 or somthing but takeing time is a good thing so its not rushed like TSL.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-01-2005, 10:39 AM
untill there is an actual confirmation from Lucas, i'm not believing anything.

Absolutely.
 JediMaster12
12-02-2005, 1:23 PM
Ditto
 kookaburra
12-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Hello :D

I have found some more talk about Kotor III. Have a look.

http://forum.massive.se/viewtopic.php?t=6171&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300)
 Bastila
12-14-2005, 8:41 AM
Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.
 ilwugoalie
12-14-2005, 9:17 AM
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.
 Aurora Merlow
12-15-2005, 7:44 AM
Thats doesn't really say who said its coming out just a user saying when its coming out and whats it about just wait till its offcianly annoceaed (spel) really.

Agreed, that was just a user's speculation
 THrawn((9
12-15-2005, 1:51 PM
i hope that Bioware will dev the game cause i'd like to see a good job done on it and with the let down of the Second one (it was a let down for me *who had high hope for the game that were perhaps to high*) but i would like to see the end of the Story from KOTOR 2:THe Sith Lords like where they have said about going into the Unknown Regions and seeing what became of Revan and helping to destroy the Sith Empire with Revan.
 kookaburra
12-15-2005, 5:48 PM
That thead that kookaburra has the link to in there post, is the same thing we putt up here.... speculation. I dont see anything on there that is solid news. when the conclusive word comes, its giong to come from LA. The man has such an ego, that he wont give someone else the opportunity to pull credit before he can.

Dear ilwugoalie,

Let me point out a few things reguarding to your pevious post. Firstly I do NOT have a BIG ego. Secondly I am giving everyone plenty of oppertunity to get credit to find Kotor III rumours news and speculations. I am just sharing in what I mind what other people say about Kotor III. If you want to find Kotor III news for yourself and want to take the credit for it by no means do so. I am a sharing person and like to share what I find with other Kotor fans. If you have a problem with this please don't bother looking at the Kotor III news.

Yours Sincerly

Kookaburra.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-15-2005, 6:05 PM
Man, lighten up. He is just looking for clues if there will be KOTOR 3. This isn't a credit or respect contest about "Who can find more or better KOTOR 3 possibility news". And does it really matter? It doesn't to me. And I really don't see a reason why should it matter to you.
 Darth333
12-15-2005, 8:15 PM
Cool down everyone, this is just for fun ;) No need to get upset about this. The thruth is...err...nevermind, keep it up with the speculation...
 Char Ell
12-15-2005, 8:55 PM
The thruth is...err...nevermind
GASP! Oh... My hopes for juicy KotOR 3 news dashed to pieces! Such a tease... ;)
 SITHSLAYER133
12-15-2005, 10:47 PM
God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......
 Hallucination
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
The thruth is
She knows the THRUTH!!!! Get her!
 kookaburra
12-16-2005, 7:50 AM
Actually just to let everyone know I am a "she"

female Gamer : D
 JediMaster12
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
God every1 settle down i dont care who makes it i just care that the game is actualy finished to a degree where most people are happy and not complainging about broken quests etc......

I'm with you there
 SpartanM
12-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Is there any other news on this?
 kookaburra
12-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Heres a list of games for 2006/2007 that arn't offically anounced yet. Kotor III is one of them.

linkie:

http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2692&pid=8947&st=0&#entry8947)

P.S Yes just take this as Speculation. This is just for your reading enjoyment. :D
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Link doesn't work. In which section is the news on this site?
 kookaburra
01-10-2006, 6:38 AM
Ladiess and Gentleman,

POSTED 10 January 2006.

I have found some more stuff on Kotor III, Yes I believe it's just speculation, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as me .(I advise you to take a look.) :)

LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

linkie:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html)
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-10-2006, 7:16 AM
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
If that entire prediction is true then:

Oh! UH! HUHUHUHU! RPG fans are going to be so mad. I can only imagine the look on their faces.( They go :eek: )

The big American console manufacturer published Conker: Live and Reloaded, Fantagram's Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, and snuck out Fable: The Lost Adventures for a bargain price in fall 2005. Microsoft Game Studios made the full transition to Xbox 360 and it's not looking back.
Stupid X-Box. *Kicks the thing like a football. It flies several metres and falls down, scraping into pieces*
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-10-2006, 9:18 AM
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Interesting...Not so keen on the "shades of grey" comment, though, myself...
 JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm confused. (as usual)

Assuming for a moment that this is true...

What exactly does this mean going "realtime as opposed to partial realtime"?

How would this change the game? Would it be better? Will it still be KOTOR?

I hope they don't screw up a good thing. Should I be worried?

Maybe we should start, but let us not count the chickens before they are hatched
 Hallucination
01-10-2006, 6:48 PM
Read what Kookaburra said:
Now please read what the article really said. Focus on the bolded part.
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.
Kookaburra, why did you delete that little part?

Now, onto what the real article said, it is all speculation, and predicitions. Why would they change the system? In fact, the only 'proof' they offered was artwork from KOTOR 2. If they prove that K2 is being made, I won't trust them with this 'prediction' about a combat system change.
 kookaburra
01-10-2006, 10:19 PM
@ Hallucination

I have no idea why, I didn't even notice the missing part. The proof is in the link any way.
Page: 2 of 5