Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Euro Release

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
09-25-2005, 3:44 PM
If you check out this stickered thread by DMUk...Clicky (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152810) . you will notice that Europes release is over a month more than the USA. Now i understand that Non U.S. versions have to come later but over a month seems a bit long especially if you intend to enter Multiplayer ladders. Hence i'm quite ticked off living in the UK that i'll be over a month behind on trying to get points on the table. Is it just me who thinks this is Wrong?
 popcorn2008
09-25-2005, 3:55 PM
That is really stupid. Can you maybe order it from a US website? I know the postage may be quite big but maybe. I would hate to have to wait a whole month more man that really does suck.
 DarthMaulUK
09-25-2005, 3:55 PM
Its always the same way. Galactic Battlegrounds was the same wait. The dates are not confirmed yet and I will be asking Activision for more information in the new year about the European release

DMUK
 Jan Gaarni
09-25-2005, 4:34 PM
Stupid Activision. grrrrrrrrr :mad:
 Jmaster3265
09-25-2005, 5:01 PM
Thats because lucasarts games are made in the U.S actually a lot of games are made here in the U.S, and it comes out here first and then they have to ship it to places out of the U.S.
 Jan Gaarni
09-25-2005, 5:07 PM
I realise that, but 1 and ahalf months?

It takes shorter time to travel to the moon (about 3 days) for crying out loud.
 Jan Gaarni
09-26-2005, 3:21 AM
Cause I live in the best country to live in according to the UN: Norway. :D :D :D
 starmark2k
09-26-2005, 3:46 AM
The pc version of KotOR II:TSL only came out a week after the US in the uk and 3 days after that everywhere else. So why can't they do the same for this.
 Darth Alec
09-26-2005, 3:32 PM
Cause I live in the best country to live in according to the UN: Norway. :D :D :D

You live in Norway!? So do I :)
To bad its one of the worst lands to be a gamer in :(
 OverlordAngelus
10-07-2005, 9:56 PM
The pc version of KotOR II:TSL only came out a week after the US in the uk and 3 days after that everywhere else. So why can't they do the same for this.

Actually, the Xbox version of Kotor2 came out in the US 2 months (just before Christmas) before it was released here in the UK (February I believe).

I wouldn't mind a week difference on the release date but a month is a bit much.

While I wont get an illegal copy myself, a month or more wait can only encourage piracy :(
 Slave.
10-09-2005, 8:08 AM
I went into EB today in Australia and they told me 9th of February, how accurate that is remains to be seen.
 popcorn2008
10-09-2005, 11:20 AM
If you really really wanted EaW without having to wait a whole month, I suggest visiting www.ebay.com) when it comes out here in Feb. 7th. I know people will buy it then resale it on there and you might get lucky and find an international shipper. The postage wont be too bad probably at tops 15 american dollars, but that's an overestimate right there. I sell on ebay and once shipped a game to France for like 8 dollars.

It's a good idea if you really want EaW. You may have to wait around a week and a half or two weeks, but you will still get it before March.
 -=Nuke=-
10-10-2005, 5:01 PM
Hi @ all...

I am reading all the Threadґs here about 3 Months now.

My Tip is Gamestop.com !

I am living in Germany, and all i ordered from Gamestop had only 5-8 Days shipping time.
Shipping costs are okay, even because the Dollar is that week nowadays.
 Jan Gaarni
10-10-2005, 5:46 PM
I don't trust eBay. :)

I'll probably order it from some kind of online store, depends who will be selling it.

Yeah, it'll get more expensive but not as much that money is an object. ;)

We'll see though.

The demo might be so good it'll keep me busy enough till it's released here. :D
 FroZticles
10-11-2005, 9:06 AM
Shop around its coming FEB 7th in Australia I'm usre if you just look around at some Europe game sites you will find alot of them getting them around US release.
Page: 1 of 1