Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sithtroopers chasing Bastila on Taris

Page: 1 of 1
 darkhelmut
09-25-2005, 9:10 AM
Ok, the Sith had taken controll over Taris in order to look for Bastila, right. Then i imagine the sithtroopers on the surface had to be given at least a picture (or a hologram) of her to know what she looks like if they ever intended to find her. Now, after you rescued Bastila from the Black Vulkars you can walk around on the streets of Taris freely with her as a party member without ever being harrassed by any of the soldiers who supposedly should be after her.

So is it possible to spawn some sithtroopers at random to attack you if Bastila is in your party while you're on Taris. I think that would make more sense.
 The_Maker
09-25-2005, 1:57 PM
Probably wouldn't be too hard, but since I know nothing about scripting I am afraid I can't be of much help :(
 Nur Ab Sal
09-25-2005, 1:59 PM
Everything related to Bastila is good.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
09-25-2005, 4:18 PM
well, it seems all you'd have to do is make a small edit to the Sith troopers dialogue files to add a node that makes them attackable if Bastilla is in your party. (the only problem though is it will turn *ALL* of the sith troopers against you at once)

If you want I can get to work on this, and probably have it done tonight (if I don't get distracted or something, I have a fairly short attention span at times).
 wasa7
09-26-2005, 9:40 AM
Please Dark_lord_Cheez, if you can get this done it would be awesome! I also found it a bit out of logic that all Sith troppers didn't care about us having Bastila in the party. If all Sith attack at the same time, doesn't matter as it will force us player to use other characters instead if we want to keep the low profile (It's all for the sake of roleplaying).
Also, it would be cool if Sith attack once we have broken into the Sith base, for both Taris and Mannan. Perhaps this would be harder to do but it's just an idea. Cheers!
 darkhelmut
09-27-2005, 7:57 AM
Probably wouldn't be too hard, but since I know nothing about scripting I am afraid I can't be of much help :(

Neither do I, unfortunally. Spawning sithtroopers on the streets of Taris might not be too dificult but this script would have to make a conditional check in order to determine if Bastila is a party member. It could be something like the attacks on Tatooine by the Sand People. They attack you after you reach certain areas but in this case the attacks would only happen if you had Bastila with you.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
09-27-2005, 4:44 PM
alright, just finished it (can't test it unfortunately though, as my computer won't play Kotor).

What it should do however is when you walk up to a sith trooper in the upper city, if Bastilla is in your party and you do not have the sith armor equipped, half of the sith in that module will attack you (I hope, if they don't something screwed up).

If anyone wants it so that all of the sith attack you as opposed to half, let me know and I'll make the change. (And if none of the sith attack at all, please let me know. As I said before I did not have a chance to test this do to my computer not being able to play either K1 or K2, therefore any playthroughs of the game I have to make must be done over at my grandparent's house)

you can get the mod here: http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16419.html)
 Darth InSidious
09-27-2005, 6:01 PM
Cheez, you are a genius!
Page: 1 of 1