Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How are you going to buy KotOR III?

Page: 2 of 2
 Jae Onasi
10-04-2005, 11:59 AM
PC for me---
a. no Xbox (maybe when the kids get older we'll get one)
b. I like playing with all the mods you all make for the games. Too fun!
 chaleur
10-04-2005, 4:02 PM
^^^
Yeh, but it makes more $$$ for LA and Microsoft.

Erm. I suspect this is only half right. It makes more $$$ for LA, because Microsoft pays them a lot of money to do it that way. For Microsoft, it gets market share.

As in, you say, "I really want to play KotOR III, but I'll have to wait three more months before it comes out for the PC! I guess I'll go buy an XBox 360." Then you go out and buy your XBox 360. Microsoft probably takes a loss here (both on the XBox 360 unit, and on the game, because they paid LA so much money). However, you now own an XBOX 360, which makes it less likely that you will go out and buy a PS3.

Playstation 3 is scheduled for "Spring 2006". That will probably either be around GDC (in march) or it could be around E3 (in may). Look for KotOR III (if it's going to come out in 2006), and some other snazzy titles, to be announced at the same time as XBox only, or XBox first. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if KotOR III ends up being XBox only. I hope not, but I know better than to understimate how much Microsoft wants to clobber PS3, and the months between the November 22 XBox 360 launch and the PS3 launch are their key window for stealing market share.

Like it or no, Microsoft is very smart about stuff like this. They will probably lose money on the XBox 360 for some time after its release, just to get market share.
 The Doctor
10-06-2005, 3:25 PM
Ya, but nobody is going to buy the PS3 because Playstation SUCKS (IMO).
 Kain
10-06-2005, 7:15 PM
Ya, but nobody is going to buy the PS3 because Playstation SUCKS (IMO).

Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming:rolleyes:
 chaleur
10-06-2005, 8:11 PM
Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming

U 5Ux0RZ!!11! Dreamcast all the way!

:devburn:
 The Doctor
10-06-2005, 8:31 PM
Yeah because XBox is the Billy Badass of gaming:rolleyes:
I don't particularly like Xbox either, I prefer Nintendo myself, but I'm not going to buy the revolutions. I'll stick to the N64 and Gamecuse, thanks, even though they're not the most powerful systems with the best graphics. I love Nintendo. Always have, always will.
But, all in all, the PC is the best, but let's not start that again.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-07-2005, 1:45 PM
but let's not start that again.
Good Advice ;)

Let's not start a Console vs Console vs PC debate guys & gals.. it gets old (and threads get closed) ;)

Back on topic :)
 Johnny Couth
10-12-2005, 7:45 PM
I'll sell my body till I can get it for the new xbox.
Page: 2 of 2