Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shoot it, shovel it, shutup.

Page: 1 of 1
 Coffe Fett
09-17-2005, 1:59 AM
You think anyone could make a mod or something where you get 200 reinforcements and all you do is shoot gungans, ewoks, tusken raiders, jawas, and wookies? They are just some of the most best to shoot at. Get a bunch of droid dekas and mow em' all down.
 Coffe Fett
09-17-2005, 2:00 AM
Geonosins are also good to blow out of the sky.
 MachineCult
09-17-2005, 6:49 AM
I have to say slaughtering ewoks from an AT-ST is a great way of getting a HUGE kill count, Tusken Raiders and Wookies fight back though.
 HordaK
09-17-2005, 8:01 AM
Even the Ewoks do that
 Coffe Fett
09-17-2005, 1:28 PM
Yea, but they are still fun to shoot at
 Leviathan
09-17-2005, 1:43 PM
Obviously : They can't attack you... :p
 HordaK
09-17-2005, 3:40 PM
not with their Arrows if u are in this AT-ST but even the AT-ST "dies" quick if u make a wrong step in the typical Walker Trap on Endor
 MachineCult
09-17-2005, 4:01 PM
Just don't go down the big huge paths, you can see the logs most of the time.
 zerted
09-17-2005, 9:12 PM
There is no skilled involved in kill ewoks from vehicles. Count me out.
 ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2005, 9:19 PM
Heck, theres no skill involved in killing ewoks period, even without vehicles. It is a great way to relieve stress though.
 Micahc
09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
But want to be an ewok.....
 Coffe Fett
09-18-2005, 6:45 PM
Obviously ewoks are used to releive stress for everyone.
So if the tragic events of Hurricane Katrina got you down, vent out some rage on the ewoks.
 Micahc
09-19-2005, 8:02 PM
Obviously ewoks are used to releive stress for everyone.
So if the tragic events of Hurricane Katrina got you down, vent out some rage on the ewoks.

I want to blow up some gungans instead :smash:
 DarthMuffin
09-19-2005, 8:16 PM
Isn't there a rumoured "hunter mode" in BF2 that rewards you when you kill specific enemies such as ewoks?
 Micahc
09-19-2005, 8:18 PM
Yes, but I thought I heard that once you killed one you respawned as one.
 ScoutTrooper95
09-19-2005, 8:24 PM
Unless Wicket is a hero, I doubt it.
 zerted
09-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Yes, but I thought I heard that once you killed one you respawned as one.
That would suck, every time you got a kill, you respond as the other team. Most of the game will be spent in the respawn counter for good players.

Anyone with the beta want to start a new thread and explain the new modes of play?
 Micahc
09-19-2005, 11:28 PM
That would suck, every time you got a kill, you respond as the other team. Most of the game will be spent in the respawn counter for good players.

Anyone with the beta want to start a new thread and explain the new modes of play?

No I meant it like this:
You kill and Ewok and the you respawn as an ewok, your an ewok and kill a stormie and you get another kill, you don't respawn as a stormie.
 HordaK
09-20-2005, 4:37 AM
Dunno if u ever played AvP2 (Aliens Vs. Predator 2) This Stormi Ewok Hunt sounds similar to the Hunt Mode in AVP2, an Example:

10 Players, the Server have the Setup 1 Hunter for 3 Preys, so there are 3 Predators and 7 Marines....

Now its like a normal Team Deathmatch with the difference, if u Kill a Pred u become the Hunter and the Killed Pred respawns as Marine, if u kill marines as Pred u get points aswell..

So not the Good players are respawning always, only the bad Hunters will be.

Dunno if LA makes the Hunt Like the one in AVP2 but i liked it very much there
 Coffe Fett
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
That's can't be true! Thats impossible! I don't want to be a ewok! No gungans! Non of that crap! Who the hell wants to be one anyway? Yea they were the comedy relief but not even gungans want to be gungans!
 Micahc
09-20-2005, 11:43 PM
It's more creative than running in and mowing them down. Although for stress relief it wouldn't work as well....
 HordaK
09-21-2005, 7:30 AM
I seriously want to be an Ewok, Gungan, Jawa, etc. U may ask why? Well because im sick of beeing a gunner with a s***load of weapons like in other games, actually u dont even need much skill to kill other players with this uber Accurate SWBF Guns...I like challenges so im looking forward to be part of the native's Army...its harder to kill a Stormi with an Ewok than with a Rebel Soldier, thats the challenge i want, beeing the weakling but killing the strong one.

But i hope its not just like "I have a Pistol, and u a Rocketlauncher" so its just a dodge and jump orgy...i really hope the Hunt mode will give some options for Tactical play, like setting up some traps for the stormies, etc.
 Micahc
09-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Maybe they'll just have it so you can set it up so that you can run in and mow them down? Man did that sound wierd...
 zerted
09-21-2005, 3:43 PM
...actually u dont even need much skill to kill other players with this uber Accurate SWBF Guns...
What uber accurate guns? Play on hard.
 HordaK
09-22-2005, 6:16 AM
I dont talk about playing against bots...

Do u need skill with the lightning gun? No u dont
Do u need skill with the Blaster Rifle? no u dont

u can jump and run around like hell but the bullets fly straight where u are aiming at. Ok it gets less accurate when u hold the fire button, but that takes some seconds so the most SWBF guns dont need any skill in aiming
 zerted
09-22-2005, 8:58 PM
Ok, you are right. The lightning gun homes in on its targets. Umm, why wouldn't the bullets fly stright? Thats what all bullets are meant to do.
 Micahc
09-22-2005, 9:07 PM
They don't fly straight because guns get less accurate with distance. Plus it would screw up the game if shots where more accurate then they are.
 Redtech
09-23-2005, 4:23 AM
Well, bullets may be accurate, but recoil effects the actual direction that they actually started off in. Also, due to gravity, bullets will still fall down so don't have an indefinate range (although in SWBF they just dissappeer beyond maximum range).

I think the argument is, that in other games, continued fire should be made inaccurate as recoil begins to gain momentum, while running and shooting is a no-no because you try holding something shaking like a pneumatic drill, AND running for your life AND being able to hit a moving target! You may notice that soldiers on drills NEVER run and shoot at the same time.

But heck, this is Star Wars. Where's the nukes, man!
 zerted
09-24-2005, 9:58 PM
In SWBF the blasters shoot lasers. Who says lasers give recoil and their shots are effected by gravity? That defense doesn't work with the rockets or morter launchers though.
 Micahc
09-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Laser's can give recoil and lasers aren't affected by gravity to my knowledge, but who's say's they can't be accurate? Real guns are accurate up to a point so it's safe to say other Star Wars guns are accurate up to a point. And if you read the discription for an E-11 for almost any game it always ( to my knowledge) says that it sacrifices accuracy for power, which means that it is innaccurate at a certain range. So therefore Star Wars weapons can easily be innaccurate.
 HordaK
09-25-2005, 6:03 AM
not that inaccurate if i can even snipe with the blaster rifle, here is the situation :

Planet Hoth, im close to the generator with a Storm/Snowtrooper a wookie jumps on a Taun Taun and was about....lets say the length of 2 AT-ATs away so a medium sniper range...I needed about 3 hits (some shots missed of course) from that distance to kill the wookie on his running taun taun i was even moving a bit, so that kinda inaccurate like u say are the blaster rifles not really.

Sorry for my bad english but i just stood up 10 Minutes ago
 Redtech
09-25-2005, 9:52 AM
Lasers are affected by gravity, because they are light beams although the recoil photons dish out is immeasurably tiny. Anyway, Star Wars doesn't use real physics anyway. You can't get laser bolts. They're beams all the way. US Army has lots of fun testing out these sort of things, but the problem is efficiency and size limitations.

Hodak, point there, the only time blasters loose accuracy largely, is when their clip is almost empty. That's how I tell when I need to reload!
 HordaK
09-25-2005, 10:09 AM
that cant be right, why? Well how does the Clip affect the accuracy of a Weapon?

I noticed that the Rifle only gets less accurate if u hold down the fire button all the time, if u hold it only 2 secs and then release it and press/hold it again its again 100% accurate, so its not the ammo left in the Clip, its how long its in nonstop-use

thats my opinion, if u have any good points for ur "Ammo Left in the Clip"-Theorie, im really interested in em :)
 zerted
09-25-2005, 10:20 PM
The weapon overheats.
 Redtech
09-26-2005, 3:37 AM
Well, still doesn't make much sense, although the pistols and other infinate ammo guns do...well, I call that balancing.
Page: 1 of 1