Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[ART] BOOMSTICKS, BRIGHT BLADES, and SKY BURNERS

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay, From the limited selection of fan art I'v seen, it appears that many artists have a strong talent for sketching characters, unfortunately we are not all blessed with that level of skill, so here's a thread for us losers who can only draw equipment and the like....

Most of my stuff is non standard concept work, that only the most insane or mojorific of SW characters might have actually used...

This is my first attempt at creative use of a scanner, so please don't get upset if they don't show up right:)

This is my concept "Elite Watchman Linear Induced Breakdown" saber
It is made of three parts, held together by magnetism and force power, they can easily be seperated and hidden, say in a walking staff or simple sword.
The beam, instead of being emitted through one or either end of the saber, is actually induced from the sides by each one-third-emitter to form a continuos line from end to end, these emitters can be adjusted through the force to activate one end (single blade) the other end, or both (double blade)
or actually bend the beam as it exits, possible combinations include Scimitar (one blade) S-blade (double scimitar) bat`leth (double scimitar in U shape)
or bent until both ends touch in a HOOLA HOOP OF DOOM, this is the ultimate stealth weapon, as it can be easily hidden and instantly adapted to nearly any situation.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/108/5good5mo.jpg)

This is a bit simpler, but still usefull nonetheless, for thousands of years there has been a small minority within the sith who practice the overlooked art of the Ranger, these cunning individuals actually converted there sabers to include ranged weapons, and enhanced the emitters for precise deflection of ranged attacks, the "Ancient Sith Ranger Blade" presents a unique problem in combat because a skilled weilder can reflect blaster fire at their enemies while firing their own, this particular saber was used by quite a few succesful sith, all of whom etched notches of notable Jedi kills, and engraved their personal symbol into the alloy, some have speculated that one might actually have been the symbol of the Sith Lord Revan...

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7484/6good7ms.jpg)

This is a simple concept of a stealth recon ship for a new SW race I'm starting called the Nomads, this particular ship is covered in sensor receiving and jamming pads, making it nearly undetectable, it has it's main hyperdrive in the rear section, and power supply in the bow fuselage, the cylindrical bow segment is actually a thruster assembly used to gain a superior manuevering advantage, this segment can be swapped for a not-so-mini gun allong with replacing sensor pads with armor to transform it into a dogfighting brawler,
it uses a crew of 7, but can hold up to 30 passengers or equivalent cargo.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5831/4good2ch.jpg)

I hope you like them, constructive criticism please:D

I won't hog a thread, feel free to post hardware pics here:)
 jblue789
09-16-2005, 12:30 AM
:O Holy, frickin' crap, very nice. Takes up a bit of space though, I'd prefer if it was just a link or something, but meh, it's fine. Last one looks a bit smushed though. The first one is real nice, but the second is a real gem. At first I thought, "WTF?! How the hell are you supposed to hold that blaster?" Then I read up more on it then made simple little guesses. Still, 10/10. Well, 9.9/10. Nothing's perfect ;P
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-16-2005, 1:36 AM
Thanks a bunch:D, glad somebody likes it, I fixed it so it's faster, but left one in to make it easier to decide wether or not to bother with the others.

The last one isn't actually smushed, although I thought it was the first time I saw it on screen, that's just the way I drew it, I thought it would look stronger, it's an espionage ship (that thing to the left of the window's a sniper rifle) so if it's stealth systems fail, it has to be intimidating:)

What was so great about the second one? and another way to hold it would be one hand on the grip, one on the blaster, it would require it's own saber form.

If might colorise the last one, I'm still trying to figure out how to get sketches into my PC, that's why it isn't shaded.

You shouldv'e seen the stuff I went through, trying to leaarn the scanner, the smallest one I could open for a while was the size of a movie poster, we talking 2 hours to open the thread:D, the highest quality one I made crashed the computer at 26 gigabytes :D that was actually kinda cool!

I do like my moms scanner now, if you look close you can still see my crappy construction lines;)

More when I get time, feel free to add some:D
 RC-1162
09-16-2005, 3:11 AM
holy moly! that is AWESOME! and you said that you had no talent :rolleyes:
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-16-2005, 3:27 AM
Actually, I really don't have artistic talent, the only freehand is some of the detailing, any characters I try and draw look like little anorexics with big heads (stick people)
The stuff I made is technical drawing, I use elipses, compasses and stuff because I can't draw a smooth curve to save my life:D
I draw them more as models than sketches, I relly on the tools, not on the talent:D
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-16-2005, 6:10 AM
* Looks at the pictures... *
:drop2: :eek:

MAN! That's the best lightsabre drawing in ages! 100000000000000000/10 from me. :thumbsup:
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks Vlad, I inhaled a large amount of paint fumes today, so my brain should be ready to do more over the weekend:D
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-12-2006, 1:32 AM
Man, that was a long weekend. Paint fumes BAD!!! :xp:
I started a vibroblade today, I'll try and get it up when I finish shading and vibrator details. (Forgemaster Hanzo's "Krayt'n Edge")
 stingerhs
04-13-2006, 6:19 PM
for the sake of everybody on the forums, i'm changing the [img] tags to [url] tags in the above image. in the future, please make use of thumbnails, post a lower-res pic, or simply leave a link. ;)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-14-2006, 2:05 AM
:lol: yeah, I that was the first time I used the scanner!

I'll try and get the next one up soon, it's not as good as the others and I ran out of room on the paper:(

Don't forget everybody, this thread is for anyone who wants to post their hardware and other non-character sketches;)
Page: 1 of 1