Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Units and time period

Page: 1 of 1
 Jmaster3265
09-11-2005, 5:03 PM
So this game starts a little after episode 3 correct? Well how come theres no screenshots of any vehicles or troopers from episode 3...(no republic gunships, clonetroopers, etc.) Just curious.....
 lukeiamyourdad
09-11-2005, 5:22 PM
After Episode 3, two years before ANH I think. Does that answer your question?
 Jmaster3265
09-11-2005, 10:13 PM
no...i know the time period i wasn't asking that...
 lukeiamyourdad
09-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Then what is your question all about? I said that it started around 2 years before ANH. You asked why there wasn't any kind of Ep3 type clones and some other units.

Put them together...

Besides, there are a few prequel units, just not many.
 Jmaster3265
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah i asked why...they should still be clone troopers and etc. since it starts after episode 3...please don't reply to this..it's just my opinion. I think a lot of other people would like to see them as well. :smash:
 lukeiamyourdad
09-11-2005, 10:33 PM
2 years before A New Hope dude, 2 years...

It simply isn't logical to have clone troopers in a OT only game...using some old equipment, personally I think it's already too far a stretch but nonetheless, they must have changed the uniforms way before ANH. Afterall, during the course of the Clone War, which is about 3 years, they did change their helmets and uniforms.
 Jmaster3265
09-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Once again i said it was my opinion!!! I know they are probably not going to put in clone troopers, but i wasn't 100% sure... (-.-)
 Jan Gaarni
09-12-2005, 3:10 AM
Luke's point is, it doesn't start alittle after EpIII, but around 18 years after EPIII. :)

So by this time all the old equipments have been replaced by ISD's and all that jazz.

Besides, let's not do too much SWG here and mix in too much different era's. We all know how that turned out (multitude of unafraid and visual Jedi to name the biggest problem). :rolleyes:
 FroZticles
09-12-2005, 3:34 AM
Luke has issues.... :)
 starmark2k
09-12-2005, 9:35 AM
Yeah i asked why...they should still be clone troopers and etc. since it starts after episode 3...please don't reply to this..it's just my opinion. I think a lot of other people would like to see them as well.

@Jmaster3265- You are aware that clonetroopers and stormtroopers are the same thing, so technically there are clone troopers, only by a differant name. so to quote a poem "A rose by another name will still smell as sweet" but in this instance "A clone by any other name will still kill the same."
 popcorn2008
09-12-2005, 3:44 PM
Here's my opinion: They wont include the clone troopers we know and love from the prequel because by the end of episode III we already see them transfering over to the stormtrooper outfits. So that means only one thing.... :indif: somewhere in the galaxy is a landfill full of old discarded clone trooper helments. lol. :giggle1:
 Jmaster3265
09-12-2005, 4:52 PM
Luke has issues.... :)

lololol

p.s sorry everyone i forgot that they changed to stromtroopers around that time, i do not know that much detail or info about star wars heh.
 StealthWar42
09-12-2005, 8:38 PM
Luke is one of the more competent posters in these forums in my opinion, (and I miss your "Italian Goddess" picture ;) ) but anyway to the point:

like Gaarni said, let's not do too much mixing of the eras. Besides, with Episode III's release, there's been a huge surge of pre-GCW games that have been released. The old-school star wars fans have very little options out there for them, much less high-end graphics and gameplay games like this. This would be a nice addition, and any clone additions would ruin it for a lot of people. There are already mods out there being developed to add Clone War era units though, I suggest you check out the modding forums for that.
 Nevets1112
09-12-2005, 9:47 PM
I think there will be more EPIII content then most people think, maybe not exact copies, but upgraded similar designs. AOTC and RotS introduced a lot of necessary units we did not have need for or didn't see in the original trilogy, like the Acc crusier is a necessary large carrier. I also think the republic gunship is a necessary atmospheric craft that serves multiple purposes. Or even the BARC speeder, a more "agressive" version of the speeder bike (which is also in ep III). I don't know about you, but I would rather have them take units that have been in the movies than make up units, and I also like them adding units from the prequels, because it ties the story together.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-12-2005, 9:54 PM
Luke is one of the more competent posters in these forums in my opinion, (and I miss your "Italian Goddess" picture ;) )

I'm glad I don't sound like a bitter old veteran to everyone :D

I might put another similar picture later on. She really has a lot of great pictures that make for good avatars.

I do miss the time when Vostok and CorranSec were here. They were always arguing about EU and movies and everything else but it was a lot of fun and everyone had this certain "competence" in which they all know what they were talking about and it added a certain amount of seriousness.
Of course, at the time, there wasn't a lot of posters back at the old Geebeedotcom...

Now you got me all nostalgic :D
 DK_Viceroy
09-13-2005, 3:39 PM
I do miss the time when Vostok and CorranSec were here. They were always arguing about EU and movies and everything else but it was a lot of fun and everyone had this certain "competence" in which they all know what they were talking about and it added a certain amount of seriousness.

Now you got me all nostalgic :D

And me as well luke now where is that evil little vostok I was hoping for a grand EU > Movie debate with someone I considered a good friend :D

Alas it is the way of all things to go to pieces but the EU is eternal so we shall survive.
Page: 1 of 1