Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer: What would you like to see?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
09-10-2005, 7:15 AM
Details are hard to come by about Mutliplayer. All we know so far is that there will be a ranking/ladder system and players will be able to play on the galactic map as a campaign style game.

Do you think Skirmish mode should allow more than 8 players, with the ability to team up? Would you like to split your team into sections - one commanding fighters and the other commanding capitol ships? Or would you split it between ground and space?

Tell us what you would like to see and how it should play out in Empire at war

DMUK
 lonepadawan
09-10-2005, 7:52 AM
We've been promised an online campaign mode have we not? I'd quite like to see the ability to split that between multiple players.
 cardif
09-10-2005, 3:09 PM
what i really would like to know is: how long will a campaign-mode and skirmish-mode game last?
ie: you build your fleet... some transporters (soldiers included...) and send them to an enemy planet. of course the opponent also has got a fleet stationed on that planet.. some orbital spacestation and ofc an army.
the fight above the planet will probably take 10-15 mins (?). now you are invading the planet. that fight will probably take 15-30 mins (?).
Probably i am totally wrong, but the invasion of one planet will take 20-30 mins. do you think that is realistic? or do you think it will take less or more time?
also, if you invade... can you only use the troops you ve got in your transporters? or can you build soldiers on the ground (by taking facilities)? are there "hotspots" like some institute for blabla researches which give you advantages in the battle - buildings you can conquer, central places to defend/attack, etc.
btw.. has anyone seen an urban map in the screenshot-section? that would rock...

Another question: In rebellion you could could switch between slow - normal - fast "time-speed". How does *that* work in eaw?
if there are different time-speed's you can use, i hope the host can set one as default.
 Pho3nix
09-10-2005, 5:56 PM
I'd like to see no lagg, easy-to-use system to find players, and an online ranking system.
 FroZticles
09-11-2005, 1:20 AM
If the player has multiple planets the battle could take a long time. And not to mention if you are both stuck slogging it out back and forth.

With the speed thing. AOE does it where you choose it before the map begins and it works well so maybe they will do that.

No lag... we can all dream can't we.
Page: 1 of 1