Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Giving Carth Onasi a Republic Admiral Uniform

Page: 1 of 1
 Nur Ab Sal
09-09-2005, 1:10 PM
Carth in TSL wears one of many ugly armors that has little common with his position in the Fleet. I think that he should wear identical uniform Admiral Dodonna had in KOTOR - but someone has to produce male version of this item...

Admit that Carth in Dodonna's uniform will look much more elegant and stylisch.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2974)
 oldflash
09-09-2005, 2:44 PM
only if revan was on lightside (first dialog betwen pc and atton on peragus)
otherwise will be another character instead of Carth
 The_Maker
09-10-2005, 3:57 PM
I tihnk what Nur is trying to say oldflash, is that he would prefer the TSL Carth to be in a Rebulic Officers uniform rather than the Echani armor thing he wears normally.
 oldflash
09-10-2005, 4:28 PM
Oh, that... I have to agreed on this. It looks better in KOTOR. In TSL, if I'm not wrong, Carth's armor is under random generation. I play many times this game and I saw at least 3 types of armor/cloth on him.
 Slipstreme
09-10-2005, 4:44 PM
Yeah, his armor keeps chagning for me too, I'd rather see him in ANYTHING than those funky red pajamas
 T7nowhere
09-11-2005, 2:11 AM
I have never seen his armor change, but you can edit his modeld and texd colums in appearance with what ever you want. I actually have Carth wearing a reskin of his clothes that I made for k1.

so if you open appearance.2da and replace PMBDM(modeld) and PMBD(texd) with N_RepOff and N_RepOff when you see him he should be wearing the officers uniform. If someone wanted to you could even make a officer cap for him and make it a mask, although getting that on him would require a little scripting, but nothing major.
 Achilles
09-11-2005, 1:35 PM
For those of you using my TSL robe mod, Carth already wears a Republic uniform.

Good thinking on the cap. It does sound like a pain in the butt though.
 Nur Ab Sal
09-11-2005, 1:36 PM
For those of you using my TSL robe mod, Carth already wears a Republic uniform.

Good thinking on the cap. It does sound like a pain in the butt though.
Admiral Dodonna's uniform? Or just ordinary republic uniform?
 RedHawke
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Nur,

Check out this thread by shamelessposer (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?p=1868414#post1868414) :)

I think he has what you are looking for for Carth! :D
 Nur Ab Sal
09-12-2005, 2:42 AM
Nope. These are uniforms of a soldier and officer. I want to give Carth admiral's uniform.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3008)

The problem is, that someone has to make male version of that uniform
 RedHawke
09-12-2005, 2:58 AM
The problem is, that someone has to make male version of that uniform
Well then, as we cannot yet make new body models, you might have to settle for those until we can. ;)

EDIT: (To below post!) :rofl: :lol:
 Nur Ab Sal
09-12-2005, 3:23 AM
Ehhhhh..... :blast5:
 Slipstreme
09-12-2005, 9:00 AM
LOL! That would indeed be interesting lmao!
 T7nowhere
09-12-2005, 9:05 AM
Well then, as we cannot yet make new body models

Well, that is and isn't true. We can actually modify any exsisting models with relative ease, but that depends on the model. Some models just don't like to play nice. and we can rig a new mesh to an exsisting skeleton, but its not a simple thing to do and only a couple have been done successfully. You may remember Seprithro's Halo mesh. That was a fully animated mesh so it is possible. the real problem lays in skill, only a couple of us know how to rig a new mesh, and i'm not one of them yet(I haven't tried).

I think that Dodonna's body mesh could be altered to look male, But it might be easyer to just reskin the the officer mesh to look like an Admirals.
Page: 1 of 1