Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help? single saber alt.Kick, Aimbots, Hax & Vertical Wall Climb

Page: 1 of 1
 Jade Kan DeLarb
09-06-2005, 9:14 AM
I've asked this before, but seem to have lost the page -

how do I switch my secondary attack, when I have single saber, so that I kick instead of throw? (i don't use throw much, putting my force points elsewhere)

There was something to do with "Hilt" command, i think - but i can't find the post I originally put up about this.

Secondly, what's the deal with aimbots? I can't belive people use them. What's the point of playing if you remove the skill of using the weapons? And please tell me that aimbots don't also work for saber combat in some way.

Thirdly - I got told off by a more experienced gamer for asking if sum1 was using "Hax" on the JA+ CTF site. I was cross about this, because the only reason I suggested it was that other players had been braggin about having "Hax" the day before. what IS the truth?

Lastly - other players seem to be able to run up vertical surfaces AND get onto the horizontal surface just above - i can't seem to master this, just turning it into what is effectively a backflip once I've got most of the way up the wall (I've managed to get the longer version of this, but still don't know how people manage this really quite spectacular and useful move). Any pointers?

Please help.

JKD
 riceplant
09-06-2005, 9:51 AM
About the wallrun thing, I'm not sure if this can be explained, but you just hold the button longer. If you release the button early, or if the wall is too high, then your character does a backflip, which is less useful, but can get you behind someone.
 acdcfanbill
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
actually for a vertical wallrun, double tap jump twice and do no holding of the jump button, you will climb as far as possible then. tapping jump a third time would flip you off, or if you come to the edge of the wall, you will flip on top.
 Tinny
09-07-2005, 12:20 PM
But if you press the jump button right before it automatically flips you, you can go up a lot higher.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-07-2005, 8:45 PM
I found during Jedi Outcast that the more spectacular moves require some pretty specific timing, and the best place to try it is in the multiplayer robot mode (with no server) with minimum very weak enemies and an extremely powerful PC. That makes the NPCs less annoying, and you can practice until the timing is right. Once you have the timing down, you can carry the ability back into the regular game if it's available there. I find that wall-running in JA is easier than in JO, but maybe that's just because I practiced it there and the skill carried over despite the many months in between.
 shukrallah
09-07-2005, 9:17 PM
Secondly, what's the deal with aimbots? I can't belive people use them. What's the point of playing if you remove the skill of using the weapons? And please tell me that aimbots don't also work for saber combat in some way.

Thirdly - I got told off by a more experienced gamer for asking if sum1 was using "Hax" on the JA+ CTF site. I was cross about this, because the only reason I suggested it was that other players had been braggin about having "Hax" the day before. what IS the truth?

I don't think there are any AIMBOTS for JKA. Sorry to tell you this, but just because you got beat doesn't mean they were using a hack/aimbot. Besides, its impossible to know if they have some kind script running. Although, I hear the scripts are not equal to actual skill.
 Tinny
09-07-2005, 9:19 PM
Unless your using tenloss or concussion rifle alt fire, aim bots are pretty much useless in jo/ja because of the low projectile velocities.
 shukrallah
09-07-2005, 9:49 PM
Hmm, yeah your right, didn't think of that either. Besides, JKA doesn't really seem like a game where an aimbot work well... you know. The saber could just block half of the shots and stuff.
 Rumor
09-08-2005, 6:41 PM
I don't think there are any AIMBOTS for JKA. Sorry to tell you this, but just because you got beat doesn't mean they were using a hack/aimbot. Besides, its impossible to know if they have some kind script running. Although, I hear the scripts are not equal to actual skill.

look down

Hmm, yeah your right, didn't think of that either. Besides, JKA doesn't really seem like a game where an aimbot work well... you know. The saber could just block half of the shots and stuff.

You know, for a luke skywalker clone, you're pretty clueless.
 shukrallah
09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
What are you talking about?
 Kurgan
09-09-2005, 7:53 AM
First he says there aren't any aimbots, then he says they don't work well. It's just a case of him changing his mind in the face of new evidence one post later (or just because he trusts Tinny), but I guess that annoyed Rumor.

I guess that you acted authoritative but then changed your mind in an instant? No biggie, we all make mistakes. :)

To the thread starter, the vertical wall run thing just takes practice. Map glitches can sometimes prevent it from working properly on the right surface, but most of the time it works just great. Calling people for "hax" use is always problematic. Just because a person talks about "hax" doesn't mean they really are cheating. Some cheats (or more likely exploits) exist for the game, but genuine cheats like wallhacks (which don't work too well, I've had people test them on my server for example to see) are rare, because they're less useful in JA than in other FPS games generally. Yes there are aimbots, but again, they don't work too well because most of the weapons in JA are not hitscan.

The first thing to do if you suspect somebody of cheating is formulate actually how they are cheating. Gather evidence (screenshots, demos) and check them out. Don't just assume they are guilty. While some paranoid admins will ban anyone for any reason, others will demand more evidence. And falsely accusing somebody could earn you disrespect on the server in question. So be careful. Nobody likes getting called a cheater, and in online games far more accusations fly than actual cheating occurs.

Some mods have "backdoors" in them, but I don't know enough about the coding to know which mods are suspeptable to that. But don't confuse mod bugs with "hax." If there is a problem with JA+, talk to Slider.

A person COULD use an aimbot with the saber, which would make them continually turn towards you and swing. How would you ever know they were using it vs. just swinging continuosly? Answer: you wouldn't. But it wouldn't guarentee a win (and might actually make them lose), so no biggie.

how do I switch my secondary attack, when I have single saber, so that I kick instead of throw? (i don't use throw much, putting my force points elsewhere)

There was something to do with "Hilt" command, i think - but i can't find the post I originally put up about this.

This part is weird. Are you referring to single player or a mod of some kind? Because there is command called "hilt" that I know of (if you mean the command that changes your hilt, that's just like saber# or saber kyle, etc, it takes effect upon respawning). You can't kick with single saber, nor can you kick with dual sabers. You can't kick if one blade of the Staff is off. The only time you can kick is if you are in pure melee mode (fists) or you have both staff blades on. That's IT (unless you're using some mod or single player cheats). To throw a saber staff you need to turn off one blade, and thus you give up your ability to kick during that time.

Now if by "throw" you meant saber barrier with duals (for some reason), you have to just press the two buttons (secondary and primary fire) together to avoid "throwing" your saber instead. I doubt you meant that, but that's a common problem for people who don't time it right. Pressing the secondary and holding it slightly before pressing the primary often fixes this problem.
 Jade Kan DeLarb
09-21-2005, 4:54 PM
Sorry to tell you this, but just because you got beat doesn't mean they were using a hack/aimbot.
That's a bit uncalled for. If you look at what I posted, you'll see I wasn't accusing anyone of using Hax in some bad-loser way - I was trying to figure out what was really going on from what was being said. When I discussed with my own team the possibility of Hax's being used by the other team, I got the knuckle wrapping I was talking about. I know I am not an experienced player, and remarks like the above come across as unpleasantly superior.

On a different note, thanks to Kurgan, by the way for his as ever exhaustive and informative explanations.
 Jade Kan DeLarb
09-21-2005, 5:01 PM
Calling people for "hax" use is always problematic. Just because a person talks about "hax" doesn't mean they really are cheating.
I don't mean to overreact but please please understand that it was only the consistent hax talk on the server that caused me to suspect this - i understand that it might have been some kind of "noob taunt" - but as a relatively new player I'm just trying to find out what is going on. I repeat, I am NOT calling people for Hax. I just want to make myself clear on that point, and can't help be a little, er, anxious that people think that's what I did when I worded my my original post hoping to avoid that. When I got challenged about "hax talk" it was by a more expereinced player on my own team, NOT someone I was "accusing." I don't mean to go on about it, but I feel uncomftable with being thought of as some kind of bad loser. But anyway, thanks all; I appreciate almost everyone taking the time to post, while i would have rathered that lukeskywalker1 hadn't bothered.
 Jade Kan DeLarb
09-21-2005, 5:03 PM
WELL..... I thought I'd seen it - certainly in single player game, but thats' a different thing, I suppose. But I did think I'd seen it in MP too,,, can anybody help with this?
 Kurgan
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Glad people are not overreacting (or anymore). Hey we all make mistakes, live and learn, get better for it!

As to thise mystery of the secondary attack, I think we'll need more information on where this is being done and with or without mods (and which ones). Thanks!
 Master_OrHan
08-28-2010, 8:20 PM
Sorry for thread necro, but no one ever really answered the OP's questions.

First - They are probably using the staff hack for single saber where all of staff attributes are given to a single saber, hence their ability to kick with one blade out.

Second - Aimbots are hard to use in JA, so they are rare. This one actually got answered correctly.

Third - I know there are hacks like the single/staff one, google search should help you find more.

Last - To flip up onto a higher surface after a vertical wall run, press the mouse up towards the direction of the ledge as you get near the ledge while running up the wall. If you run up the wall too long, you will backflip normally, so this only works on short walls or if you start your wall run further up the wall on the taller ones.
 -=*Raz0r*=-
08-29-2010, 1:04 AM
Available successful 'hacks' in JA thus far:
Aimbot (Only effective with very low ping and a hitscan weapon such as the disruptor)
Health ESP / Name ESP (See certain information about players - not always effective and can be countered using a server-side mod)
Wallhack (See through walls)
...There was once a half-finished auto-parry for JA+ (Unreleased, low ping needed)

That's it, I think?
Page: 1 of 1