Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xbox's going wrong

Page: 1 of 1
 warchild75
09-05-2005, 1:23 PM
Ok my first xbox went wrong after a year and a half of intensive play day in day out so i had to get another one it just wouldnt load.Has anybody's xbox broken or stopped working quicker.Your thoughts. :sithk:
 Snafu7
09-05-2005, 2:30 PM
I think that might have to do with the powercord problem microsoft was having, they'll send you another one for free if you need it, there's more information here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/0502/powercordannouncement.htm)
 warchild75
09-05-2005, 2:54 PM
I think that might have to do with the powercord problem microsoft was having, they'll send you another one for free if you need it, there's more information here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/0502/powercordannouncement.htm)

I heard about that but i think it was the laser that buggered up.
09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
yea ive had 2 xboxs stop playing games cause of the lame ass thompson reader
 warchild75
09-09-2005, 2:36 PM
yea ive had 2 xboxs stop playing games cause of the lame ass thompson reader

Yeah my xbox broke the day i brought kotor 2 i was gutted luckely i was living with my sis at the time so borrowed my nephews xbox.And my playstation 2 stopped working on christmas eve what a nightmare they always stop working when you plan to spend some quality time with them.Anyone else have bad luck xbox stories. :sithk: :evil5:
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-12-2005, 2:55 AM
YUP, I got mine in august of the first year, it held up pretty good, but i had trouble about a year ago, it wouldn't read NBA street v2, it's been getting worse ever since, doesn't like Halo2, nbastreet3, XBOXmagazine demodisks, NCAA footballs,vand various other things, my succesful quick fix is a DVD cleaner, usually works good for a little while, so I guess it is a problem with the laser, but try a cleaner, it does wonders:)
hope that helps
 warchild75
09-12-2005, 1:16 PM
YUP, I got mine in august of the first year, it held up pretty good, but i had trouble about a year ago, it wouldn't read NBA street v2, it's been getting worse ever since, doesn't like Halo2, nbastreet3, XBOXmagazine demodisks, NCAA footballs,vand various other things, my succesful quick fix is a DVD cleaner, usually works good for a little while, so I guess it is a problem with the laser, but try a cleaner, it does wonders:)
hope that helps

couldnt be arsed just brought a second hand one for Ј65 with a 6 month gaurantee.yippee. :)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-15-2005, 2:00 AM
Well, I guess that's the way to go as long as you can transfer your saves (kotors are pretty huge) and you made sure that it wasn't "used" for the same reason:)
 warchild75
09-18-2005, 5:34 AM
Well, I guess that's the way to go as long as you can transfer your saves (kotors are pretty huge) and you made sure that it wasn't "used" for the same reason:)

No didnt transfer saves just started again.Which was cool cos i hadnt played it for about 2 months. :sithk:
 mjpb3
10-27-2005, 9:31 PM
My husband's XBox went buggery and he took it apart, cleaned the inside with canned air, cleaned everything else with alcohol then put it all back together and it has worked fine ever since. It even runs KOTOR 2 now, without locking up every five minutes :)
 The Doctor
10-29-2005, 11:52 PM
That's wierd. As far as I know, the only problems my brother has had with his Xbox is with the "Pirates of the Carribean" (yes, I know I spelt it wrong). His saved files kept coming out corrupt. The Xbox said "the game was saved incorrectly", or something to that effect. He's had no problems with it since he got it when it came out. He uses it very regularly. He beat Halo 2 the first day he got it (although Halo 2 was a big dissapointment). It still took him about 18 hours of gameplay to beat it. He didn't even take a break.
But, I'm rambling again. I apologize.
 Samurai DD
11-06-2005, 8:13 AM
Yeah, well, I have had a lot of problems with the XBox, I mean, it freaking rules, but it breaks real easy. Plus the power cord crap and the crappy reader. :(
 Killwithhonor
11-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Well, i am a pro at computers and consoles and such and i made this mistake (stupid me) Since i like to watch family guy, simpsons, I put illegaly downloaded games onto my xbox, i thought it would be time to upgrade my hardrive once again, i had first put an 80gb one in and the fan that was already in the xbox worked fine, but then i put a 300gb one in, (it couldnt fit) so i just put it in and didnt change the fan (i think most of you know where this is going), so i started it up and played it for a couple hours, watching movies and such, transfreing all the data then in the middle of uploading, a spark flew out and it shut down, so i started it up again and it wouldnt start, at this point im running around the house trying to look for some baking soda just in case it started to flame. I got back up stairs and looked at it and practicly punched myself.I noticed that it had overheated and it was going to melt, well, dandy for me, i got no warranty on it, so i got screwed. I did end up buying a new one, and my hardrive did live! I put a bigger fan in it and i was fine.
(and for those wondering where the hardrive was, it was ontop of the xbox)
 JediSteve21
01-23-2006, 1:58 PM
id notice sometimes the game would freeze and make a lould noise. its the game becuase all my others dont. i hope its not my xbox
 Canderous Ordo1
05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
well i had a frozen game making a loud noise or you will be in a talking part and it doesent respond to the user i got a program on my computer that allowes me to hook up my xbox to the hard drive like my system is made for gaming and so forth and being on broadband makes it a little easier i can also use voice to tell my system what to do but you need a voice reconiton softwear to do that my xbox runs kotor 2 and 1 perfectly and just incase my xbox does crash the computer made a backup saved disk so if my xbox does fully crash i can use that program to get my self back to the same point other games i got is brute force 3 its funny they can walk in larva

one of the games i have i think its conflict veitmam its a very hard game and if anyone here knows of any of the conflict games its been nearly 3 years now and still getting my head blowen off by a tank if you all want a hard game i surgest get one of the conflict games you will all ways end up dead it doesent play up as much as starwars kotor like frezing or playing up very badly

Edit: jedisteve belive me its probley not your xbox i had it happen to me plenty of times there is a trick i did that might work if i rember right my disk and xbox drive needed cleaning this is a pretty simple job all you need is a lazer cleaning disk which will be able to clean the lazer in the xbox then after check the disk for any marks clean the disk it worked fine for me so it should work for you too

Canderous Ordo1, having multiple posts in a row is called double posting and it is generally a no-no, if you have something to add to a topic and you have the last post in that thread please use the 'edit this' post feature. No more of these ok? ;) Thanks. -RH
Page: 1 of 1