Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Curse of Monkey Island Problem (swapping CD's)

Page: 1 of 1
 moy
09-04-2005, 8:34 AM
The other week I decided to play CMI again. Since I have a different computer now than the one I had when I first played it, I had some trouble playing the game on XP. So I searched some forums and found out I needed to download ScummVM. I got this and started playing.
Now, I've rounded up all my pirates and I'm ready to hit the ocean waves, I get a message thats says "Can't find comi.la2 : Insert Disc 2 into Drive D" So i changed the disc and I got a scene where you see two ships on the Ocean then I get another pop up saying "Can't find Comi.la1 : Insert Disc 1 into Drive D". I changed it back to see what would happen and the scene progressed for about 1 second and then asked for the other disc again ...and so on! Seems it needs files off both CD's to run.

Anyone able to help me with this situation?
Thanks in advance bucko's!
 bgbennyboy
09-04-2005, 7:11 PM
Copy the files from the cd's to hard drive and use scummvm to play it from there.

You need:
RESOURCE folder
COMI.LA0
COMI.LA1
COMI.LA2
Page: 1 of 1