Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lord Mathus Lightsaber Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 mattcrowston
08-31-2005, 5:55 AM
Hey. Spent a few weeks off and on putting this together. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think of it, or whatever doesn't work properly with it.

Version 2.0 Update

I have redone all the alpha layers on the hilts. They were god awful. I was new and didn't realize they were so shiny, they were almost hard to look at. I have also been toying around with animated hilts for a little while and I have decided to include them in this final version 2.0. Additionally, each of the five saber blades has been animated as well. The story mod I mentioned before is still slowly being worked on. Its taken so long because I am just not a scripter. If you enjoy these sabers, I am glad I was able to make them for you.

NEW LINK WORKING
The link is:
File Front (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Lord_Mathus_Lightsaber_Pack;60637)

Here are a couple screenshots

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/mattcrowston/Lord%20Mathus%20Lightsaber%20Pack/Lightsabers.jpg)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/mattcrowston/Lord%20Mathus%20Lightsaber%20Pack/Doublesabers.jpg)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/mattcrowston/Lord%20Mathus%20Lightsaber%20Pack/Shortsabers.jpg)
 mattcrowston
08-31-2005, 5:56 AM
Lord Mathus Lightsaber Pack Ver.2.0 - Created by Matthew Crowston - January 26, 2006

I can be reached at crowston@shaw.ca Please put Lord Mathus Sabers in the subject. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 2.0 Update

I have redone all the alpha layers on the hilts. They were god awful. I was new and didn't realize they were so shiny, they were almost hard to look at. I have also been toying around with animated hilts for a little while and I have decided to include them in this final version 2.0. Additionally, each of the five saber blades has been animated as well. The story mod I mentioned before is still slowly being worked on. Its taken so long because I am just not a scripter. If you enjoy these sabers, I am glad I was able to make them for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions for animated hilts and blades

Install as usual. If in doubt, reread instructions below. Inside the tslpatchdata folder, there is a folder named "Animated." Copy all files from here to your override directory(Only after you have ran the installer). If completed properly you will now have 15 animated hilts with 5 different animated blades.

PART I: Introduction (prt1)

This mod is just a part of a larger story mod that I am working on. This mod will add 5 new saber crystals to the game. 4 of them are attainable in game. The other is meant for the story mod, but is available through KSE or the "giveitem" cheat. With these 5 new crystals you can make a total of 15 new lightsabers. All use the standard game hilt, but each one has a unique hilt skin. Each of the 5 crystals is based on a character in the story mod. I have improved stats, but I was very sparing. These are no where near ridiculous. Hope you enjoy.

PART II: Table of Contents (prt2)

PART I - Introduction (prt1)
PART II - Table of Contents (prt2)
PART III - Features (prt3)
PART IV - Crystals and Sabers (prt4)
PART V - Installation (prt5)
PART VI - Uninstallation (prt6)
PART VII - In-Game Placement (prt7)
PART VIII - Bugs (prt8)
PART IX - Acknowledgements and Credits (prt9)
PART X - Item Cheat Codes (prt10)
PART XI - Screenshots (prt11)

PART III: Features (prt3)

With this pack you will get:

--- 5 New Crystals
- Each based on a character
- Come with a small description about their origin
- Have their own unique blade color

--- Use 15 new lightsabers
- 3 lightsabers per character
- lightsaber
- doublesaber
- shortsaber
- That are upgradeable
- Have totally unique hilt skins
- Have slightly improved stats

PART IV: Crystals and Sabers (prt4)

This mod includes 15 new sabers and 5 new core crystals, the following are small descriptions of each core crystal.

----------------------
Character: Lord Mathus

Alignment: Darkside

Stats: Damage bonus +5 darkside
Defense bonus +2 melee
Attribute bonus +2 wisdom

Blade color: Red with a bright orange and white core

----------------------
Character: Matts Loran

Alignment: Lightside

Stats: Attack bonus vs alignment group +2 darkside
Attribute bonus +4 wisdom
Attribute bonus +2 charisma

Blade color: Blue with a lightpurple and white core

----------------------
Character: Eleni Rossk

Stats: Attribute bonus +2 charisma
Bonus feat dueling
Bonus feat improved dueling
Bonus feat master dueling

Blade color: Yellow with a but of orange and a white core

--------------------
Character: Daira Zak

Alignment: Lightside(but falling)

Stats: Attack bonus +3
Bonus feat jedi defense
Bonus feat advanced jedi defense
Bonus feat force focus
Bonus feat improved force focus
Bonus feat master force focus

Blade color: Red with purple and a white core

---------------------
Character: Ethan Morn

Stats: Attribute bonus +4 strength
Bonus feat weapon focus: lightsaber
Bonus feat weapon proficiency: lightsaber
Bonus feat weapon specialization: lightsaber

Blade Color: Dark green and light green with a white core

PART V: Installation (prt5)

This mod should be compatible with the USM and also with the TSL Holowan Plugin. Make sure you install this after those mods though.

1. Everything is packed into a wonderful tslpatcher package. Just run the tslpatcher.exe in the mod directory. Use this only. Copying files directly with not work properly

2. Check the install log to make sure there were no errors.

3. There will be a backup made of upcrystals.2da in the setup directory.

PART VI: Uninstallation (prt6)

Simply remove all of the files listed in the tslpatchdata folder from your override folder. And copy the upcrystals.2da file from the backup directory back into your override directory.(Assuming you had one before, if not then just delete it)

PART VII: In-Game Placement (prt7)

Of the 5 core crystals, 4 are attainable through the game. One is inside Vogga the Hutts secret stash inside his lair. Another is in Master Uthars chambers on Korriban. The other 2 you need to find on your own. If you play the game generally thorough you probably won't miss any. The 5th one is meant for a story mod I am working on, so it is not attainable in-game. But it is available with KSE or the "giveitem" cheat.

PART VIII: Known Bugs (prt8)

There are no known bugs at this time.

If you discover a bug please report them to me on the Holowan Labratory Forum at www.lucasforums.com) or more specifically:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151659)

You may also e-mail MattCrowston at, crowston@shaw.ca

Please report any incompatibilities with other mods. Hopefully I will be able to rectify them.

PART IX: Acknowledgements and Credits (prt9)

Fred Tetra: For the all encompassing and miracle making KOTOR tool

cchargin: MDLOPS makes it easy as pie

tk102: KSE was a huge help for testing. And K-GFF too. Thank you

Stoffe: Thank you so much for the tslpatcher. Huge help.

The makers of Adobe Photoshop CS2

The makers of 3D Studio Max 7

The makers of NWNMax(huge help)

Holowan Labs: Tutorials are incredible. This was only meant to be one lightsaber, but with a small amount of urging it turned into 15.
PART X: Cheat Codes (prt10)

Example:

Character
---------
crystal
lightsaber
doublesaber
shortsaber

Lord Mathus
-----------
lordmathcrys250
lordmathdsabr250
lordmathlsabr250
lordmathssabr250

Matts Loran
-----------
mattscrys251
mattsdsabr251
mattslsabr251
mattsssabr251

Eleni Rossk
-----------
elenicrys252
elenidsabr252
elenilsabr252
elenissabr252

Daira Zak
---------
dairazakcrys253
dairazakdsabr253
dairazaklsabr253
dairazakssabr253

Ethan Morn
----------
ethanmcrys254
ethanmdsabr254
ethanmlsabr254
ethanmssabr254
 ChAiNz.2da
08-31-2005, 6:01 AM
Looks great! :thumbsup:

I'll have to check this one out :D
 Lando Griffin
08-31-2005, 6:08 AM
Looks f***in awsome, will download!
 Jeff
08-31-2005, 7:31 PM
I love new sabers! Great mod matt:)
 mattcrowston
09-01-2005, 4:25 PM
Hey. Does anyone know who moderates pcgamemods. Can't seem to find any info on the site. Was just wondering if anyone knows who. I would like to get in contact with them. Thanks

Matt
 Don Vito
09-01-2005, 7:38 PM
kick*** mod they look shiney
 Jeff
09-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey. Does anyone know who moderates pcgamemods. Can't seem to find any info on the site. Was just wondering if anyone knows who. I would like to get in contact with them. Thanks
Our own T7nowhere is an admin there, so you can just PM him here.

Again, great mod :)
 mattcrowston
09-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks alot DarthMoeller

Matt
 mattcrowston
09-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Just wanted to make a small correction in the readme. I thanked tk102 for mdlops when it should have been cchargin. And I thanked T7Nowhere for K-GFF when it should have been tk102. They deserve the credit and the thanks for making it possible to make mods. Thank you, I couldn't have made it without you.

Matt
 maaneeack
09-02-2005, 2:46 PM
I keep getting a 404 file not found on pcgamemods when I try to download this file, anyone else getting this?
 Jeff
09-02-2005, 2:48 PM
I keep getting a 404 file not found on pcgamemods when I try to download this file, anyone else getting this?
Yeah I am now too.
 mattcrowston
09-02-2005, 8:47 PM

I got this a couple times too. I spoke to T7 and he said its usually caused by adware or spyware. I keep my computer pretty lean so I don't think I have any of that crap. The d/l has worked on and off for me. Please keep trying. :) T7 assures me the site is functioning normally. If its unavailable for another day I will repost it. Please let me know if its causing you trouble. I want everyone to try the mod. :)

Matt
 maaneeack
09-02-2005, 9:00 PM
Well, I know I don't have any spy-/adware, and the windows 2003 server computer I installed and tried to download this on the other day didn't have any spy-/adware, it could just be a typo or something on the site. I've got my download manager (free download manager) trying it but it keeps telling me 'file not found on server', and i've got it set to try 100 times. I've tried to grab this from a few different places (here, on two of my computers, and school on two different operating systems) and keep getting file not found...
 Darth333
09-02-2005, 9:04 PM
Clean your cache and if it doesn't work, try with another browser such as firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/). This shuld fix your problems accessing pcgm.

And nice mod mattcrowston! Cool to see you released those sabers! You are definitely a creative person :thumbsup:
 maaneeack
09-02-2005, 9:06 PM
I'm using firefox...used it on 3/4 of the computers I tried, but I'll try clearing the cache
 Darth333
09-02-2005, 9:09 PM
Forget that: it looks like a problem with PCGM: it suddenly doesn't work for me neither. edit: but only for this mod

re-edit: I guess it's only a temporary problem so try a bit later. Sergio has been working on the site recently to upgrade it.
 maaneeack
09-02-2005, 9:15 PM
and i've already cleared my cache! that hurts...my dialup est tarde.
 mattcrowston
09-02-2005, 9:38 PM
Thanks Darth333. That means a lot. With the problems, I have had it work and not work for me. Could it be the file name? I named it "MC-Lord_Mathus_Saber_Pack.zip." I want people to be able to get this. I will rename it and re-upload it, if need be.

Matt
 ChAiNz.2da
09-02-2005, 9:54 PM
your naming convention is fine, it's probably just a "glitch" with PCGM and Sergio's updating (as Darth333 had said ;) )...

I'd hold off on uploading a new version unless T7 thinks it would be a good idea. That, or if you have a site you can temporarily upload it to, you could point a link to it in your comments section...

p.s. just FYI, in the future if you have naming convention questions, it's always best to leave out "special" characters such as apostrophes, quotations and parentheses... dashes & underscores however should work fine :)
 Bob Lion54
09-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey bud!
Just came across this thread. I gotta say, I love you sabre handles. Very nice.

Now to see it I can download them.......

Nope. Oh well. I have to remember to try this little gem latter.
 mattcrowston
09-03-2005, 2:03 AM
Okay everyone. All I want to do is let everyone try these sabres. So heres a temporary link until pcgamemods is ironed out. The files size is 2.04 megs. This is the exact same zip as posted on pcgm so check it out. Thank you.

[Link Removed]

Matt
 maaneeack
09-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Your temporary link works, thanks much, I just check pcgm and it still gives me the 404, kind of odd if you ask me...
 mattcrowston
09-04-2005, 8:36 AM
Can anyone tell me if the download on PCGameMods is working.
The link is http://www.pcgamemods.com/15797/)

That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt
 Bob Lion54
09-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Nope. I got:

Not Found
The requested URL /files/kotor2/MC-Lord_Mathus_Saber_Pack.zip was not found on this server.
 Jeff
09-04-2005, 10:29 AM
So did I.
 mattcrowston
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
After being plagued with 404 errors, I have finally resubmitted the archive file to PCGameMods. The link at the top(the first post) is totally updated. And I hope there are no more hassles. So run and download it. :)

Matt
 mattcrowston
01-26-2006, 5:01 AM
Just uploaded version 2.0. For all the details, read the first post. Thanks. And enjoy.

MatthewC
 mattcrowston
10-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Thought I would update the ridiculously old pcgamemods link. Now it links to File Front, and anyone who is interested in checking it out should be able to do so.
 dcinroc
10-27-2007, 3:50 PM
I just installed this mod, but now my game crashes at the load screens.

I am trying to uninstall it, and I think I got everything (except can't find info.rtf), but my game still crashes.

Edit: I have dumped my old Override file and reinstalled everything (one at a time, then reloaded saves to check) and now everything works fine (so far).

Is it possible that a file was corrupted in the install process?
 mattcrowston
10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I have dumped my old Override file and reinstalled everything (one at a time, then reloaded saves to check) and now everything works fine (so far).

Is it possible that a file was corrupted in the install process?

Hey dcinroc. Thanks for trying my mod and thanks for the feedback. This is the first time anyone has replied about a problem. I don't even know where to begin with working it out for you. I think it would have to be a conflict with another mod obviously. You must either have enough mods that slots 250-255 in upcrystals.2da are already taken or else, well thats about it. All other files are totally unique including all placeables. If you really want to try out the mod. message me back and we can discuss the conflict.
 dcinroc
10-28-2007, 2:47 PM
Thanks.

It all works now. I think the problem was conflicting files in a subfolder...not sure. Anyway, after I re-installed everything and did a little file merging everything worked fine. :)

Great sabers, btw!
Page: 1 of 1