Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About Oleander's memories

Page: 1 of 1
 AgentArcana
08-28-2005, 8:30 PM
Something just occured to me. While looking at Oleander's memory vaults I realized they contradict each other. While the first one shows him in battle in various armed forces the one you find later shows him not being able to get into any of those services. so was his first vault full of false memories? Did he fabricate them to impress the kids and anyone else who got into his head? And if they are fake, was he ever in any battles?
 Thrik
08-28-2005, 9:12 PM
That got me thinking too. My impression is that he wanted more than anything to get into the armed forces, but was declined purely because of his height. Despite that, he still acts and thinks like a man with a military background, and I assume the first memory reel is supposed illustrate what he'd like to have been his past, and what he wants people to "remember" him as. His mind is war themed because he blatantly has a huge obsession with it.

The second is, of course, the harsh reality of it all being unrealised aspirations.
 Dipstikk
08-31-2005, 11:43 PM
Did anyone notice that his legs and arms were very long, and made him.... taller?
 Purple Squid
08-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Yup. Another 'I wish' type thing. Him flying through the air with machine guns and a knife in his mouth amuses me so. =D
 Klia
09-15-2005, 4:05 PM
What I love about this is it makes you think Oleander is a one-dimensional character. Military, Military, Military. But then through all of the little scenes he is in through the vaults, and little things you hear if you stay longer really makes him fleshed out. Then the ending does more to that but I think most of the characterization comes from us thinking about them. The open holes that lead us to imagine what is what.

This is partly why I love this game so much and why it is so fascinating. The two fires of Milla and Boyd are very interesting to me and keep me speculating. However I like Oleander's memories the best as it took me time to actually figure out what was happening.

Yup. Another 'I wish' type thing. Him flying through the air with machine guns and a knife in his mouth amuses me so. =D

I think it's the expression he has that amuses me the most.
Page: 1 of 1