Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sasha

Page: 1 of 1
 machievelli
08-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Is there someone skilled enough to make Sasha (The young girl who stows away on Dantooine) as a jedi apprentice NPC?
 Achilles
08-27-2005, 11:41 PM
You could possibly make her a recruitable party member by following Darth333's recruit tutorial.
 Emperor Devon
08-27-2005, 11:43 PM
That would be a bad idea - I don't think Sasha has any combat animations.
 The_Maker
08-28-2005, 1:57 PM
And the fact that she isn't really all that intelligent nor has the ability to speak engl.. sorry, "Galactic Basic" would make her the WORST choice for a party member <_<
 Darth Moeller
08-28-2005, 2:49 PM
That would be a bad idea - I don't think Sasha has any combat animations.That is true. It would look pretty bad with her trying to use a lightsaber...
 machievelli
08-29-2005, 12:54 AM
There are no combat simulations, and the idea that she can't speak merely means that she speaks haltingly, primarily to the main character. Not speaking a language is not a sign of stupidity, it is a sign of ignorance.
Also, she is at the age where most kids would be learning from the masters and padawan.
As for doing a mod myself, I have ten thumbs on each hand except when I'm writing.
 Achilles
08-29-2005, 1:56 AM
That must come in hand when hitchhiking. Luckily, Darth333 wrote the tutorial for people with 20 thumbs. Those of us with only two have had to make the best of it with what we were born with.
 machievelli
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
YOu don't want to get me started on how bad my modding skills are. I have problems just installing them at times. Ask my about the planet Yavin mod sometime
 Darth333
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
All of us were born with 0 modding skills...it's just a matter of practice to develop those skills. When I first came here, one of my first questions was "how do I install this?" :p (there were no stickies :D )

Modding is not difficult: you simply have to take the time to sit down and look at the files and follow the tutorials. If you get stuck, just ask your questions on the boards and other modders will help you. The first time you make a mod it's certainly longer and you are not too sure but once you are done you will say " what? that was all?"

Of course, there are some things that require a bit more technical knowledge but most of it is accessible to everyone, especially making a recruit mod.

However, concerning Sasha, when we say that she doesn't have animations, if her model is as I think ( I didn't checked) this also means that she won't be able to carry a lightsaber: she will just stand there and still do damage but you wont see the lightsaber or any movement.
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 4:24 AM
I wanted to kill sasha SOOOOOOOO BAD.
 machievelli
09-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks Darth333
 jmac7142
09-03-2005, 4:02 AM
I wanted to kill sasha SOOOOOOOO BAD.

At least one request in this thread can be done...
Page: 1 of 1