Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Choke Anyone - v.1.2

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth333
08-27-2005, 1:20 PM
FORCE CHOKE ANYONE (force power) v.1.1 (09-09-2005)
--------------------------------------------
By Darth333 -

09-09-2005: complete force power description has been added.
09-18-2005: added option to install the mod in either English or French. The player will also gain a temporary bonus to wisdom, intelligence and charisma in order to increase his persuasion/conversation skills with the victim after using this force power.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/ip_chokefcopy.jpg)

Screenie of the force power in use: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/chokefp.jpg)

======================================
- This force power is compatible with other force power mods previously installed.
======================================

A while ago, tk gave me the permission to release a TSL version of the darkside choker he made for Kotor 1 so here it is with a few modifications.

This force power allows you to force choke anyone in the game except your party members.

Download v 1.2 here (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16038.html) here (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?action=file&id=1185&PHPSESSID=075b132ad360a65bb4949ae34d62f3f1)

I modified tk102's original mod to make a force power which will apppear in the friendly force power menu (where healing is) instead of using an armband. You can use it at any time and not only during battle.

The other modifications I brought are:

- reduced area of effect (8m instead of 17m, which should allow you to target a npc with more precision)
- removed the possibility to target droids (maybe I should have added an exception for G0-T0...)
- removed the possibility to target puppets (poor Remote!)
- added the possibility to target some npcs which had the friendly faction but were not party members (there's amistake in the mod readme: I wrote removed instead of added)
- new icon for the force power menu

Other comments from the original mod:

- The first time you choke a specific npc, it will cause a choke simulation but with no damage (safety measure to avoid killing npcs by mistake and allow force choking sensitive ncs at least once without breaking your game...or their neck). Force choking the npc a second time will start causing damage to the already choking victim.

- Darkside Points: If the user of the armband is neutral or good, he/she will receive darkside points when using this force power to harm someone - no darkside points are given when force choking a npc for the first time.

=================
Using the force power:
=================

- you will be able to select the force power in the level up menu only if you already have "Wound", which is a level 6 force power.

- Just don't go killing everyone in the game: if you kill key npcs, you'll may end up unable to progress in the main quest. Chose your victims carefully. Use the force...and your head.

=================
INSTALLATION:
=================

This force power is compatible with other force power mods.

To install simply unzip and double click on Install_ForceChoke.exe and select the swkotor2 directory

Uninstall:
Delete the following files from your overide directory:
d3_choke.nss
ip_chokef.tga
spells.2da (careful if you are using other force powers mods: deleting this file will delete your other force power mods)

The source code (.nss file) has been included.

=================
SPECIAL THANKS
=================

- tk102 for making the DS choker for Kotor 1 and giving me permission to release it for kotor 2 and for making various modding tools

- Stoffe -mkb- for making the TSLPatcher: spells.2da conflicts are now part of the past!

- Fred Tetra for making Kotor tool.

=================
TERMS OF USE
=================

This mod may not be uploaded to any other website besides LucasFiles.com and pcgamemods.com unless I give you permission to do so.

You may alter the contents of this mod in anyway you see fit for your personal use. If you wish to use this mod in your own publicly released mods, please let me know first and include this readme with the mod (you may also need tk102's permission). I reserve the right to refuse depending on the circumstances such as if I deem the content of your mod inappropriate, per example.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINEMENT, BIOWARE CORP OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTSENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
 Mono_Giganto
08-27-2005, 2:57 PM
*Gives Thumbs Up*
 Lorden Darkblade
08-27-2005, 3:30 PM
This is an awesome mod :D
It's very funny to use it! :) :thumbsup:
 stoffe
08-27-2005, 4:01 PM
Nice power to blow off some steam and ease tensions with. Too bad there aren't any Selkath in TSL since those are the only non-hostiles my glowing lightsider could use it on in good conscience. :)

One thing I noticed though. I don't know if it's intentional, but currently your installer will require that the user has v2 or better of the high level force power mod I made installed in order to proceed. If this is unintentional you might want to fix that to avoid confusion. :)
 Darth333
08-27-2005, 4:03 PM
oops yes this is unintentional. I must have uploaded the wrong changes.ini file. That's what I get for having a total mess in my comp :( Will fix it right away.
 stoffe
08-27-2005, 4:06 PM
oops yes this is unintentional. I must have uploaded the wrong changes.ini file. That's what I get for having a total mess in my comp :( Will fix it right away.

Forgot to mention: Remove the keys Required and RequiredMsg under the [Settings] section with Notepad to eliminate this behavior. Those are new keys I added in 1.1.7 a few days ago so they don't exist in the ChangeEdit.exe editor yet.
 Darth333
08-27-2005, 4:25 PM
yes, I noticed and it's fixed now :) The above link has been updated. Thanks for pointing it out.
 The_Maker
08-27-2005, 5:17 PM
o.O

Holy smokes,
This is the ultimate darkside mod! XD
Thanks D333!
I am gonna download this and try it out

*The_Maker luaghs menacingly as he downloads and tries the new mod :evil:*
 Bob Lion54
08-27-2005, 7:27 PM
[Keanu Reeves] Whooow, Like totaly narly, dudette, whaaha![/Keanu Reeves]

I love the icon. It looks like he needs the Hymlick Maneuver. hehe

I love ports. Especially the ones that I miss from K1.
 Jeff
08-27-2005, 7:41 PM
Great job Darth :thumbs1: This one will be fun...Who to kill first...hehehe...
 SITHSLAYER133
08-27-2005, 9:57 PM
great job ive got a few people who need to die in the refuge sector ........................
 RedHawke
08-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Very evil! :thumbsup:
 Evan Ordo
08-27-2005, 10:47 PM
It doesn't always kill on the first try though sometimes you must use it 4 times instead of 2
 Darth333
08-27-2005, 11:15 PM
It is not necessarily meant to kill on the second try ;) The number of damage points is based on your PC level....and ennemy attributes increase with your level too.
 Emperor Devon
08-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Very evil! :thumbsup:

I thought you opposed to randomly slaughtering people. :p
 RedHawke
08-28-2005, 12:30 AM
I thought you opposed to randomly slaughtering people. :p
I do, hence the "Very Evil" comment! :xp:

I guess I should have said "Excellent work! But very evil!" :D
 Darth333
08-28-2005, 12:36 AM
You don't have to kill every npc you choke: you can just scare them if you want :vadar:

When I tested the mod I pissed off Bao Dur when I killed the mechanic on Dantoine: his onDeath script triggered some dialogue :p
 Emperor Devon
08-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I guess I should have said "Excellent work! But very evil!" :D

Your views on manipulation are just as evil, though.

Just so this doesn't get too off-topic, my compliments to you on this mod, D3. :thumbsup:
 ChAiNz.2da
08-28-2005, 9:19 AM
Uber fun mod D3! in the evil Sith kind of way... hehehe :devsmoke:

Loving it! :D

ahh... so many commoners, so little time... hehehe
 SITHSLAYER133
08-29-2005, 4:18 AM
is it possible to kill chodo habat and com back when the ravager attacks?

think of it this way ur helping the refugees to survive ur making more room to live in ....................
 Lando Griffin
08-29-2005, 6:41 AM
Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been waiting for this mod for such a long time. NOW I CAN KILL EVERYONE!!!! Thanks Darth333!
 Greatstar
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
cool, but be careful not to kill any main NPC, if you want to kill one, wait unit you finished main quest with main NPC first before you kill NPC when no longer required after main quest is finished. WARNING: don't kill main NPC that are key to go on game like Kreia and Atton or you will be stucked for good unless you reload saved game.

Oh by the way, I look at "d3_choke.rar" when I clicked on it to downloard. what that?
 The_Maker
08-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Its a special compressed format great than .zip. You need something like Winrar or another Rar capable program to open it, try googling "Rar" or "Winrar" and see what you get ;)
 maaneeack
08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
@Greatstar - right click it and select save as, or if its pcgamemods.com, when the rar "garbage" starts showing in your browser, stop it and copy the url from the address bar and save the file by either file -> open or use a download manager program (getright, reget, free download manager, etc).
 Darth333
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
You can get winrar here: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe) (it's like winzip but better)

in your browser if it opens the file like a text file, simply go to your file menu and save it as d3_choke.rar. Then open it with winrar and double click on Install_ForceChoke.exe to intall the mod.
 _Phaedrus_
08-29-2005, 6:35 PM
Darth333, you must have one warped mind to come up with something like this.

I like it!
 Darth333
08-29-2005, 6:46 PM
Don't blame me, blame tk102: he made the original darkside choker mod for Kotor 1 :xp:
 General Kenobi
08-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Hee hee hee hey D3 loved this for KOTOR can't wait to try it in TSL. :thumbsup: Now where is that stupid Rodian who won't join the militia on Dantoonie, and that stupid "greeting party" girl on Dantoonie...lol ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Emperor Devon
09-01-2005, 1:07 AM
Great mod Darth333, but do you think you could make it do insta-kill damage?
 zulu9812
09-01-2005, 3:22 AM
I must've done something wrong, because this mod does nothing for me. I've levelled up, got the Wound power, got the Choke power. Am yet to encounter someone that I can choke, though.
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 5:43 AM
Yeah the mod doesnt seem to work at the begining of the game for me.
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 6:25 AM
hmmmmmm, it seems that i cant kill bao dur using the force choke, or any other important npcs....Thats too bad i really wanted to kill bao dur. Is this a error in the mod?
 Darth333
09-01-2005, 9:55 AM
hmmmmmm, it seems that i cant kill bao dur using the force choke, or any other important npcs....Thats too bad i really wanted to kill bao dur. Is this a error in the mod?
It's all explained in the readme. You can't force choke your party members. I excluded them because it could screw up your game if you kill them.

zulu9812: make sure the mod is installed correctly: you need to have spells.2da, d3_choke.ncs and ip_choke.tga in your override folder (not subfolders). Also ensure that you have the right version as I made a little fix in changes.ini and if you donwloaded the mod right after it's release, you may have the old version which required stoffe's powers to work. Redowload it to make sure. DOes the force power appear in your friendly force menu? If not, make sure you have the right "choke" with this Icon: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/ip_chokefcopy.jpg) and not only the regular choke that appears during battle.
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 3:28 PM
oo, well at least the mod works, but i still cant kill bao dur. Still ur mod * rocks.
 Darth333
09-01-2005, 3:49 PM
I could make a version that allows you to choke party members but without damaging them if you are interested.
 zulu9812
09-01-2005, 4:01 PM
zulu9812: make sure the mod is installed correctly: you need to have spells.2da, d3_choke.ncs and ip_choke.tga in your override folder (not subfolders). Also ensure that you have the right version as I made a little fix in changes.ini and if you donwloaded the mod right after it's release, you may have the old version which required stoffe's powers to work. Redowload it to make sure. DOes the force power appear in your friendly force menu? If not, make sure you have the right "choke" with this Icon: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/ip_chokefcopy.jpg) and not only the regular choke that appears during battle.

Just in case, I redownloaded and reinstalled the mod - still no joy. Confirmed that those 3 files are in the root override folder (i.e. not subfolders). I can't check the icon because your link only loads to 45% for some reason. Any suggestions?
 Mono_Giganto
09-01-2005, 4:11 PM

Far from an error. The error would be allowing you to kill important NPCs, it has the potential to crash your savegame and break quests.
 Darth333
09-01-2005, 4:14 PM
@ zulu9812 : Do you have other force power mods installed? If yes which ones?

Is the power appearing in the friendly force power menu? (same menu as heal) I attached a new copy of the icon to this post if you can't see the other one.
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 4:35 PM
no its alright, i just hate bao dur, i like everyone else except bao dur.
 zulu9812
09-01-2005, 5:39 PM
@ zulu9812 : Do you have other force power mods installed? If yes which ones?

Is the power appearing in the friendly force power menu? (same menu as heal) I attached a new copy of the icon to this post if you can't see the other one.

Aah, I get it now. I'd assumed that there would be new conversation lines, giving you the option of force choking the person that you were talking to. I see now that what it really does is choke the closet NPC. That does work. Although, it never kills anyone - no matter how many times I choke them.
 Darth333
09-01-2005, 6:01 PM
Aah, I get it now. I'd assumed that there would be new conversation lines, giving you the option of force choking the person that you were talking to.That would have required me to edit every single dialogue in the game. It would have taken months to do, even on a full time basis...

Although, it never kills anyone - no matter how many times I choke them.The first time you use it on a npc it won<t cause any damage. If you use the power again while the npc is still under the effect of choking, it will cause damage (2/3 of your PC level).
 darkhelmut
09-07-2005, 9:22 AM
Can I use this mod to kill the Disciple (playing as a male PC) after I finished chatting with him on Dantooine or that will mess up the game later on?
 TheOssusKeeper
09-07-2005, 9:33 AM
Can I use this mod to kill the Disciple (playing as a male PC) after I finished chatting with him on Dantooine or that will mess up the game later on?

it might fubar the game ;)
 zulu9812
09-07-2005, 9:37 AM
fubar is, quite possibly, the best word in the English language. I know that it's not a proper word, but I'm going to say that it is :p
 maaneeack
09-07-2005, 8:31 PM
fubar is an acronym (f*ed up beyond all recognition), foobar is a code-monkey's programming example. But you're right, best. word. evah.
 General Kenobi
09-07-2005, 9:05 PM
C'mon guys stop yackin' and chattin' ;)

Just trying out the MOD and I love it so far :D Something feels right about being Dark Side and leaving an area almost devoid of life :thumbsup:

:ben:
General Kenobi
09-08-2005, 12:08 PM
hey darth i have a prob i got the spell using KSe but now i dont know how to kill any1 lol how do i use the spell ingame?
 Darth333
09-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Make sure you select the custom force choke icon: http://lucasforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2401&stc=1)

It will be located in your friendly force power menu (with heal). Just click on it when you are near a npc.
09-08-2005, 1:13 PM
tried that ill do it again though
09-08-2005, 1:19 PM
nvm i cant find it anymore for some reason and the llink is dead case sergio if fixing the site so ill do it l8r *cries and tells self to use choke in vaders armor on hobo chabat another day*
Page: 1 of 2