Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Exchange Meeting

Page: 1 of 1
 Nines
08-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey I keep encountering this problum with my game where the Exchange message on Nar Shadda never kicks in and I was wondering if someone could put something together to make it kick in right after you kill the Exchange boss in the refugee sector and the Slavers on the Hawk or make them hand over their money. Please and ty.
 The_Maker
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I believe thats how it normally works anyhow O.o

If you haven't pathced yourself up doing so would be a good idea since this "bug" is rather common.

I do not think making a mod will solve the problem and I am most likely not the one to do it since I know crap about coding/scripting <_<

Sorry :(
 Nines
08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
No I have all the patchs I can get. But thanks anyways.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-27-2005, 3:08 PM
I believe thats how it normally works anyhow O.o

The exchange message should kick in after you've completed enough sidequests on Nar Shadaa, you don't need to kill the exchange boss, or the gang on the Ebon Hawk as far as I know. All you have to do is walk around and talk to as many people as possible, completing as many quests as you can.

However, as for the request you made, I woudn't know how to do this either, but it seems to me you would have to tamper with the global scripts or something. Can't help you anymore though, I know very little about the global scripts, or how to manipulate them.
 Nines
08-27-2005, 4:02 PM
Did all the quests I could, except the one for the fam thats trying to get off the planet, and thats only because I havent gone to Gotos ship yet and blown it sky high. I might have missed something somewhere that I forgot about after my first time through. I'll look around some more.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-27-2005, 4:56 PM
the ones I normally do are:

the swoop racing droid
killing excange boss
the little girl who's going to be sold
the Serraco thugs
that guy who's really sick down in the refugee sector
the exchange thugs who attack the guy who says you have his money
killing the guards of the refugee sector
reuniting the departed husband and wife
the feud between the two merchants
getting the sullistan's droid back

and there may have been a few more things, suffice to say there is a lot on Nar Shadaa that needs to be done.

And I thought you didn't need to blow up goto's yacht in order to get them off the planet, Goto's vessel only intercepts Vogga's ships, it doesn't bother anything else.
 The_Maker
08-27-2005, 5:14 PM
But he captured your exile and the ebon hawk is held by a magnetic feild which also cloaks the ship and when turned off will have a lotta people gunenr ya ;)
 _Phaedrus_
08-31-2005, 5:26 PM
I don't know how, but I think the Holowan Plugin v1.03 mod might be screwing with particular action sequences like this. I've downloaded the mod, but am unable to trigger the Visquis message sequence, yet it says I can't board the Ebon Hawk. I'll try completing more side-quests, but I'm not sure if it'll work...
 jblue789
08-31-2005, 7:46 PM
If you give Kallah-nah, the little rat guy, 2000 credits to put in a bad word for you, that should probably help. If it doesnt, or you've already done it, I dunno. .-. And you aren't allowed to board the Ebon Hawk after the Trando invasion, because after that you have to get the message. Happened to me too, the 2k credits got me the message. The Exchange just doesn't hate you enough, I guess. :P
 Lando Griffin
09-01-2005, 5:19 AM
THis happens because your override is too full of stuff, like when u are on the peraguas and u are about to leave u cant, so take about 3/4 of the mods out, if that doesnt work, take all the mods out untill you get past that part, sometimes the game will crash right when you have to be Mira in a space suit( which is after you get that message from the exchange). I normaly put like 10 mbs in the override at the begining and after i pass nar shadah. Then I put like 170 to 200 mbs. And if that doesnt work then u are going to half to play the game all the way till u get passed nar shadah the old fashion way , without mods or cheats( which is f**k up man). OH yeah dont use any cheats, that really will mess up ur game.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-01-2005, 5:57 AM
override folder size shouldn't be a factor :confused:

I've had over 300+ mb in my override ever since my first 4 non-modded playthroughs, from start to finish of the game and it's never been a problem...

Though I won't discount your theory either Lando ;) We all know this game can be buggy as heck... hehehe It could be a faulty mod causing the problem as well... ( @Nines: try Lando's method to see if it works, it's worth a shot)... :)

The only time I encountered the scenario was when I went "click" happy and skipped the initial "invite" cutscene that happens after the Red Eclipse fight (when leaving the Ebon Hawk)... this was on one of my un-modded playthroughs...

Apparently it skips setting a global if you skip it too fast (or as others mentioned, you haven't gained enough good/bad-repute with the Exchange)...

Forking over 2,000 credits to "mousey" usually does the trick, and I've noticed before that the game can "glitch"... one time I was able to take the 2,000 credit option twice :eek:

If you use tk102's KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), you can go into your savegame file and set the Global/Boolean "300NAR_Visquis_Call" to "1"... or "YES" when using KSE...

You should know if it works when you approach the NAR docks and the Atton cutscene starts (when he tells you to be careful then goes to the bar)...
 Nines
09-01-2005, 5:50 PM
Yeah I tried paying the bat and all but Landos advice sounds like the prob now that I think about it and I thought it was normal to pay the bat twice? Anyways thinks for the advice Lando and Chainz, also Chainz are you ganna release your and svцsh's Bastila's Revelation Robes for TSL soon? I really liked them in the first game.
Page: 1 of 1