Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Make your own death certificate

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
08-26-2005, 12:24 AM
As I'm sure many of you realise from following the blog 'Conversations with dead people' by Matias Ferrera (http://spaces.msn.com/members/lifeafterlife/) (hint, hint) I've come up with a template for the Department of Death 'death certificate'. You can see an example here (http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/ferrera.pdf).

If anyone would like to have a death certificate for themselves made up, send me a photo of yourself (either posting it in this thread or by other means) and let me know any details.

Just FYI though, don't bother asking for your reaper to be Manuel Calavera. This is a Tierra de los Muertos thing, not a Grim Fandango thing. :)
 Incredible_d
08-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Hmmm... is there some way I can make my picture look skeletal...
 Sallim
08-28-2005, 2:47 PM
Well..maybe..give me your picture and I could try to come up with something =)
 MJ
08-28-2005, 4:53 PM
Are you sure you want to start saying things like that, Sal? :)
 Sallim
08-28-2005, 5:37 PM
lol well...we can give it a try, dont you think?
atleast the first 5
 MJ
08-28-2005, 7:01 PM
So that would be 'Matias' (me) and 'Arturus' (you)... there's two right there ;)
 Sallim
08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah "these two" are special and will be available later ;)

But I could generate some new hedas with an average good lookin Tshirt or something.
 Incredible_d
08-29-2005, 2:58 PM
"arturus"?

and Sallim I wouldn't want you to waste time CG-ing my skull.
 Sallim
08-29-2005, 3:46 PM
ah come on, Iam on it again.
Well maybe "Arthurus"? or is it to british? well who knows!
 Incredible_d
08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Spanish sounding (Miguel, Le Parka, Tierra de los Muertos).

In which case, I would be "A. Conrado Lanzador." Hell yeah.

And Sallim, you would be Arturo. If you find the meaning of your last name, I can translate it's meaning into a Spanish last name.
 Incredible_d
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Ok here goes

Lanzador, Alfredo Conrado

Date of Death: August 29, 2005

Time of Death: Approx. 10:00 P.M.

Location of Death: New Orleans, Louisiana

Apparently, Mr. Lanzador believed "Hurricane Katrina" was, like the British "Piano Man," a hoax, and drove his 1981 Buick Riviera hundreds of miles south to prove his point. When he arrived in the city, he found himself correct - the hurricane was, indeed, a lie fabricated by Vin Diesel as an excuse to have the entire city to himself while he went on a much needed shopping binge. Upon encountering Mr. Lanzador, Vin Diesel promptly attacked him, using martial arts skills that he developed as a peasant boy in Moscow. Lanzador managed to kill his attacker and escape, but was unaware that every star in the sky is, in actuality, a dormant Vin Diesel clone. Needless to say, a star crashed into New Orleans, and an entirely new Vin Diesel proceeded to behead Mr. Lanzador.

Reaper in Attendance: Claudia Carranza

Current Status: Legal Immigrant (green card)
Is residency required?: Yes
If so, has residency been allocated: Yes

Future Prospects: Although of almost no other use whatsoever, Lanzador can adopt an almost picture-perfect Russian accent at will. This may make him an interesting secretary.
 MJ
08-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Homa. Which is greek for 'mud', isn't it? The spanish word for mud, I think, is Fango.

It is also native american for 'red'

Nice one, D. Rather obscure way of dying, but nice. :)
 Incredible_d
08-30-2005, 8:44 PM
I figured a female reaper might throw an interesting kink into things (hahaha KINK)
 MJ
08-30-2005, 9:00 PM
She isn't the first female reaper... just that nobody has read what I've written of the Tierra book yet. Except for, I think, Slinky. :)
 Sallim
06-07-2006, 2:23 PM
sorry to bumpin old stuff...Incredible D, can you send me a photo of yours pleeeease ? wann try work with it ( after so f*** long time! )
Page: 1 of 1