Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Run X-wing games without Joystick?

Page: 1 of 1
 LOL-Wing
08-22-2005, 4:39 PM
I much prefer mouse control. Can anyone help?
 Darren Korr
08-30-2005, 5:53 PM
used mouse control on x-wing and tie-fighter back in the days... but since my comp doesnt support either game lol i havent checked it out anymore, used to work very well for me, problem is the newer versions "updated" trilogy version dont support the mouse anymore, u need a joystick to play those new verions of the game!
 Biges
06-08-2006, 12:30 AM
So I'm not alone who prefers to use a mouse. I have to stick to Tie Fighter (and boot to DOS mode), because I'm just not able to play with joystick as good as with mouse.
If you really want, you may try this cool program/driver:

http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/Docs/PPJoyMain.htm)

Basicly you jyst install a virtual joystick and run PPJoyMouse, than a mouse works as a joystick. The problem is, there is no auto-center, so it's not usable :( At least not for me.

I'd also like to add one thing. X-Wing was a product of LucasArts simulator tradition and was tailored to mouse as well as Tie Fighter. These insane mine shooting missions are very good example of this.
 mivoci1
11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Well I'm not good with joystick a well because when I want to make x-wing a space dust they always kill him before me.
Page: 1 of 1