Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Power Request

Page: 1 of 1
 wasa7
08-20-2005, 6:51 PM
Hello Every one, I'm new here but I've been dowloading some mods lately. I've got the idea about how all this work so I think this one is very doable.

What about a mod that allows you to use force powers even when you've got the improved or master version of the force power itself? What I mean is that even if you've allready got the force wave, you can still use the force push or the force whirlwind. This could be done only for the force push, force lightning, force throw lightsaber and the force mind trick series or for all the force powers at the same time. Why? Because of the roll playing. There are times in battle when I just don't feel like waving all the enemies away but only to push a single opponent. Think about it, for the sake of rollplaying :)

Also I would love if someone could fix force powers to be more powerfull as the character levels up. Force push should be easy to resist when you're level 10 but when you've reached level 25, force push should be unstoppable by common foes. Bosses could and should still resist the
force push as their saving trows are supposed to be high enough.

Another thing...in the same line of force push (yes, this is one of my favorite force powers), could there be a force power that could blow away all the enemies that are just in front of the character? Or maybe not all enemies but three of them? It would be stronger than force push but not as stronger as force wave. It could be named FORCE
BLOW and the player could get this force power before getting force wave, or before force whirlwind.

In a more complicated version, there could be a choice tree where the player could choose getting force blow (lightsiders) or force whirlwind (darksiders) at the same level. One option blocks the other one and the player could only choose force wave afterwards.

All this could be made in one big mod or in separate mods. It's up to you obviously. I don't want to make this post any more longer than it allready is. If someone is willing to make the mods, I'll be glad to tell you more stuff.
I'll wait for you to answer.
 Emperor Devon
08-20-2005, 8:11 PM
Click this. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137498) Here's a tutorial on how to make force powers. I would recommend using stoffe's patcher so you don't have to bother making your force power compatible with other mods.
 stoffe
08-21-2005, 7:35 PM
What about a mod that allows you to use force powers even when you've got the improved or master version of the force power itself? What I mean is that even if you've allready got the force wave, you can still use the force push or the force whirlwind.

To do this you'd have to break up the power progression tiers and make them independent powers. The game automatically removes powers with fewer pips from the interface when a power is learned. This would be done by giving all powers unique forcehostile (for offensive powers) and forcefriendly (for protection/buff powers) values. Powers with the same values in this column is grouped together into a family/tier. The pips column determines its location within a tier, going from 1 (first power learned) to 3 (last/most powerful).

Also I would love if someone could fix force powers to be more powerfull as the character levels up. Force push should be easy to resist when you're level 10 but when you've reached level 25, force push should be unstoppable by common foes.

Uh? They already becomes more powerful as you level up. The DC against which an enemy must save increases with your character level, and the damage of most damaging powers does as well.

The "problem" in TSL is just that this isn't noticable at all since the autobalancer system makes your enemies more powerful as you level up as well. It's using some custom saving throw and defense formula that has nothing to do with the class of the creature, giving them very hefty bonuses, way beyond what your party members could reach at a similar level.

Thus there are very few "common" foes in the game. When you are level 30, every lowly thug you run into will be around level 25 or so. :)

It's rather easy to boost the save DC of the standard powers to compensate for this if you wish though. The saves for most powers are gotten through the function Sp_GetJediDCSave() in k_inc_force.nss, which would be a logical place to add bonuses to the save DC.

It could be named FORCE BLOW and the player could get this force power before getting force wave, or before force whirlwind. In a more complicated version, there could be a choice tree where the player could choose getting force blow (lightsiders) or force whirlwind (darksiders) at the same level. One option blocks the other one and the player could only choose force wave afterwards.

I think a tier can only contain 3 force powers at most, so you'd need to add such a power independent from the Push/Whirlwind/Wave grouping. Further, you can't put an alignment restriction on powers you learn at levelup, so it would take a bit of an ugly workaround to make a power LS/DS-only.
 Viscerus
08-22-2005, 9:54 PM
To do this you'd have to break up the power progression tiers and make them independent powers. The game automatically removes powers with fewer pips from the interface when a power is learned. This would be done by giving all powers unique forcehostile (for offensive powers) and forcefriendly (for protection/buff powers) values. Powers with the same values in this column is grouped together into a family/tier. The pips column determines its location within a tier, going from 1 (first power learned) to 3 (last/most powerful).

It clearly isn't that simple. I changed the whirlwind to forcehostile=20 and the pips of all 3 to suit: whirlwind disappears from the powers screen altogether and wave is still at position 3.
 stoffe
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
It clearly isn't that simple. I changed the whirlwind to forcehostile=20 and the pips of all 3 to suit: whirlwind disappears from the powers screen altogether and wave is still at position 3.

You'll need to change the forcepriority column as well. Set it to 0 to make the power appear "stand-alone" on the force power screen. The values there goes from 0-2, corresponding to the 3 positions in a force power tier.
 wasa7
08-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the answer. I'm gonna give it a try but I'm not much of a modder myself. I'll keep in touch!

God bless people who make game mods!
Page: 1 of 1