Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts conversation scripts

Page: 1 of 1
 TYLERR
08-17-2005, 4:29 AM
Hello, everyone.
How can I extract all dialog lines and conversation sounds from the game?
 Smon
08-17-2005, 4:34 AM
PsychoNauts Explorer I think... I got the PS2 version so I'm not sure.
 TYLERR
08-17-2005, 4:59 AM
I tried but with any luck. I succesfully ripped only some spooky unreadable wav. files and pictures...
 Thrik
08-17-2005, 5:58 AM
http://www.razputin.net/?page=multimedia/downloads/explorer&showdetails=yes)

Should work fine for the PC. If you're using the Xbox version, you need to get the temporary fixed version from here (http://quick.mixnmojo.com/).
 bgbennyboy
08-17-2005, 6:12 AM
Everyone (pc users too) should use that temporary version, for now. I was going to release another version to replace it but I cant be arsed at the moment.

That temporary version lets you dump 99% of the xbox audio and 100% of the pc audio to normal wav files. It doesnt need the xbox codec. The next version will let you view all the images inside the level files too but there's a few issues that need fixing with that and I cant be bothered right now.

[Edit] With regards to the actual scripts, John_Doe is working on those, but I dont know what progress hes made lately.
 TYLERR
08-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I tried it very hard...but I still can't extract voices and dialog scripts from the game...maybe there is possibility for me to download them all in zip archive somewhere or somebody has it and send me by e mail?
Thanx in advance...
 bgbennyboy
08-19-2005, 6:54 AM
I'm sorry but I really cant see how you find it so difficult.

Load Psychonauts Explorer
Open the files in psychonauts\workresource\sounds
Click 'Save Audio File' or 'Save all audio files'

As I said, you cant extract the actual dialog text yet.
Page: 1 of 1