Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Telos Crash

Page: 1 of 1
 Weissritter
08-16-2005, 1:38 PM
I'm new here, so if this post doesn't belong here, it's okay if you tell me. My KOTOR2 game is fairly new, I just bought it a few days ago, and, whenever I select to travel to Telos from the Ebon Hawk (After the Peragus Mining Station), the game minimizes, and then crashes on me, making it impossible to travel to Telos, here are my system specs:

OS Passed Windows XP Version 5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

CPU Passed Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53 GHz

RAM Passed 512 MB

HD Passed

Video Failed Intel 82845G/GL Graphics Controller 64MB

Audio Passed Realtek AC'97 Audio

OpenGL Failed Intel 1.3.0 Build 4.13.01.3119

DirectX Passed DirectX 9.0c

So, is this crash a direct cause of the Intel and the fact that Intel graphics cards aren't up to KOTOR2's standards? The first game ran fine on my PC, but with this crash, it's making it near-impossible to continue with my game, does anybody know a way to fix this other than getting a new Graphics card?
 stingerhs
08-16-2005, 11:58 PM
well, getting a new video card shouldn't be much of a hassle. it is possible to get a good card for under $100 (US) that will run TSL just fine. check the video card section @ NewEgg (www.newegg.com), and you should be able to find a good one for under $100 for just about any interface (AGP, PCI, & PCI-E).

as for attempting other routes to make the game run, i'm not aware of any. although the game has limited support for your card, you obviously found out that it doesn't have full support for it.

still, i'll try to help you out a bit w/o making you get a new card. first off, the game is trying to play a movie after you try to go to Telos. so, even if you'll miss a bit of the action, go ahead and disable the movies in the 'Configuration' option whenever the game auto-runs after you put in the CD. if this doesn't fix it, then try to re-install the game (make sure you backup the saves unless you want to redo Peragus again).

if neither of those two suggestions work, then you might want to go ahead and invest in the new video card. that should fix the problem. :)
 Weissritter
08-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Ah, thanks, I'm so forgetful sometimes, and I forgot about that function, anyways, it worked perfectly after I did that, thanks.
Page: 1 of 1