Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favourite music

Page: 1 of 1
 Gabez
08-11-2005, 6:34 PM
Mine's still Good Morning Blood Island... I love the distant thunder-clap at the start and the sound of the waves later on, and the main tune is so haunting yet at the same time so nice to listen to. It makes me feel nostalgic even though I don't have anything to be nostalgic about.

Climbing the cliffs is another favourite, though. I can imaging going abseiling with this music. :)

So far the music reminds me of the Curse of Monkey Island soundtrack... ambient but there's still a strong tune in there.
 th00mas
08-11-2005, 7:03 PM
Have to agree with Gabez on Good Morning Blood Island :)
Brilliant track!
 G0blin
08-11-2005, 7:36 PM
Good Morning Blood Island is ment to be the welcome-track to the whole thing. The reason that i decided to have music on the page was not just to do a fan version of the exsistig Michael Land (God) productions, it was an attempt to create music for the other locations on the island. But there Will be covertracks to...next up by the way is "The Cemetery"
 Gabez
08-12-2005, 8:05 AM
That said, I also like how the MI theme is played slightly in "A secret cave in the forest", and "in the forest" has a nice powerful beat to it.

I've always liked the Goodsoup interior music, actually... is there any chance you'll be doing something a little like that in the future? :)

Also, how do you make this music? Do you use a keyboard?
 G0blin
08-12-2005, 9:36 AM
the goodsoup hotel has more rooms than the ones you visit in the game:)

and yes, a keyboard has been used on some of the tracks (borrowed it from school).
 Joshi
08-17-2005, 5:21 PM
I like these, they have the feeling of the COMI music without blatently ripping it off, very good. Obvious without being intrusive.
 drunkymonkey
09-13-2005, 5:17 PM
yes, I have to agree, they are all really good, and I love listening to them. The Monkey Island tune in the cave track is nicely fitted in. I love your stuff.
 Gabez
10-12-2005, 4:09 PM
The latest two... wow. I love the hip-hop mix and the graveyard one is tres atmospherique. Great work!
 Mr Cheese
10-28-2005, 9:52 PM
Whoa! I love the ambient-sounding cemetery one (the start sounded like the cannibal village music), and the hip-hop mix... It was a hip hop version of blood island music that wasn't in the game? I can imagine it going with words. Actually sounds like somerthing you'd hear on the radio. G0blin, you say the tracks are music you made for parts of the island we haven't seen, i want to know what places are they?
 G0blin
11-27-2005, 11:05 PM
G0blin, you say the tracks are music you made for parts of the island we haven't seen, i want to know what places are they?

Maybe i should post the Blood island map on the site, so I can show people the locations...
 Gabez
01-04-2006, 3:13 PM
I think a blood island map done redone in 3D would be really cool, especially if it had new locations or was done from a different angle. :)
 Mr Cheese
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, and with dynamic camera, not set angles.
 Mr Cheese
01-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I reckon the best thing would be if you could have a character and just walk around the island, through the forests and stuff. That would be awesome.
Page: 1 of 1