Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sound effects

Page: 1 of 1
 neo_mp5
08-11-2005, 9:05 AM
i've been collecting star wars sound effects to contribute to a sound archive for fan film makers, and while i do not own battlefront, i have noticed from the demo on my star wars dvd that there are some hard to get sounds in the game. is there somebody who'd be willing to extract the sound effects from the game and send them to me?

all i want are blaster shots and blaster bolt impact sounds.
 Leviathan
08-11-2005, 9:46 AM
I think it is possible and I'm going to try to do that... Extract movies out of SWBF is already possible ; So, why not for sounds ?
 neo_mp5
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
that'd be great if you could get those sounds for me. i've been trying to get sounds from all kinds of games to add to a sound archive (http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Films/b10015/20495395/p1). i've already gone through galactic battlegrounds, knights of the old republic, jedi outtcast, and jedi academy. but i noticed (from a demo) that in battlefront, when a blaster bolt hits something, the sounds are actually prequel-style lightsabre clashes, the kind that are impossible to find without ripping audio from the movies themselves (complete with dialogue, ambient, music, and other sounds, which makes for a pretty useless sound).

by the way, i've asked at 4 or 5 other boards, and this is litterally the first time i've gotten a response.
 Leviathan
08-11-2005, 2:46 PM
Then you've finally chosen one of the best forums !... :p
Nevertheless, you mustn't forget that pass "objects" out of a game for a public use is forbidden...
Moreover, I'm not sure to succeded in extracting those sounds... But I'll try anyway... ;)
 neo_mp5
08-11-2005, 6:14 PM
if you get it to worrk, and some of the sounds are not right for the weapons, i could prrobably give you the right sounds so you could make a sound mod out of it.
 Leviathan
08-12-2005, 9:55 AM
First, I have to make a test to determine whether sounds can be extracted properly... I'll give you results as soon as possible...
 neo_mp5
08-12-2005, 4:00 PM
if it's anything like the other games, it should be just a matter of finding whatever archive file they're using that has the sounds in it, and finding something that'll open it.

the easiest one is jedi outcast, all you do is change ".pk3" to ".zip" and you can do whatever you want. but kotor and galactic battlegrounds both took special extractors.
 Leviathan
08-13-2005, 1:32 PM
I know that... The problem is that SWBF possesses "munged" files. Only hex-editing can help you to get the files you wish...
 neo_mp5
08-13-2005, 3:54 PM
i was under the imprression that all you needed was an extractor.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20733416&start=20761507)
 Leviathan
08-14-2005, 1:41 PM
I know this tool : It can only extract models, textures and compiled scripts. Regarding sounds, there are in *.WAV format, but their header is missing ! So, it will be hard to make at least one of them working... :(
 neo_mp5
08-20-2005, 8:42 PM
any luck?
 Leviathan
08-30-2005, 2:23 PM
If there are chances, they're will be negligible... :(
 neo_mp5
08-31-2005, 6:54 AM
if only it were just zips and folders like in jedi outcast. i've actually replaced 20 or so sounds in that game, they're so easy to access. except for a couple, which are wavs with a bitrate of 352kbps, my audio prgrams only go to 320. know anything about that?
 TK-8252
08-31-2005, 7:54 AM
The sounds are not able to be extracted. Supposedly because all the sounds are property of LucasFilm or whatever, the developers have not allowed for the sounds to be pulled out for use elsewhere. Sorry man, but no luck here.
 Leviathan
08-31-2005, 10:14 AM
It's a pity... :( (Anyway, you can try that for a personal use...)
Page: 1 of 1