Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installing problems with original Kotor.

Page: 1 of 1
 armagnis
08-03-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if this problem has been solved, I'm guessing each computer has its own ways of dealing with this game (this is not TSL, but the first edition of Kotor). It was store bought at EB games at our local mall.

Here's the issue, around the 35% mark of installing with disk 1, I get this error message:

Component: Cabs US
File Group: SWCABS US
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I've tried many times to install it, with no programs running besides the installing kotor. If any general help can be offered for this, it would be much appreciated. I'll post my system specs if needed, hopefully though the problem isn't too hard to fix. My harddrive seems to be fine and the disk has no scratches on it.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
 jmac7142
08-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Try:
#!- Cleaning the game disk of all dirt, scratches, ect

#2-Copying the files on the disk to a folder on your HD, then running the setup file from there.

The 2nd one worked for me once, but use it as a last ditch effort.
 stingerhs
08-04-2005, 11:37 AM
from the 'Read This Before Posting Your Problem' sticky:If you recieve an error message when installing the game:
1. First, write down the error code that is listed in the message.
2. Go to www.google.com) and enter the error code followed by "install error" in the box.
3. In the search results, one of the first hits should be the Installshield website. They should have documentation on not only what the error code means, but also on how to fix it. Just follow their directions on how to fix it, and you should be fine.;)
Page: 1 of 1