Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What did MJ....

Page: 1 of 1
 davrosthedalek
08-03-2005, 6:29 PM
do to the site? Only section button that works for me is forums now...Oh cruel fate I can not get to the Part 10 download...bah and I even have the direct URL around here somewhere but oh well.
 MJ
08-03-2005, 6:57 PM
Ehh... why did you instantly assume I had anything to do with it?

I have no idea what's going on. I updated the website, yes, but all I did was change two files and upload a file... not enough to break it.

I don't know what's going on. :(
 davrosthedalek
08-03-2005, 7:10 PM
Ok then next question...is it only broke for me or is it truly broken and we beg the holy zebra for forgiveness?
 MJ
08-03-2005, 7:22 PM
It's broken for me too.
 davrosthedalek
08-03-2005, 7:26 PM
Did I start some kind of location trend...and if I did it may turn out to be more disturbing then anything else I have done to date.
 MJ
08-03-2005, 7:34 PM
I think blaming you would be a good idea, yes.

Well... I can see nothing wrong with the code, so I don't know why it's doing a circular referring trick. I'm going to have to refer this to a higher power...

Namely Metallus or Gabez.
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:18 AM
What, hours later and the site still isn't fixed? For the love of the holy zebra man what did that file DO!?
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:24 AM
Metallus looked at it and freaked. That is NEVER a good sign. This could be the start of an age of darkness for Nightlight...
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:25 AM
ok you are NOT allowed to upload files anymore. It makes no sense as to WHY its doing just yea uhh give us the direct link to the file so we can bask in the glory of a complete series!
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:28 AM
I think I'm going to have to put up a new website temporarily. Nightlight Lite. That way the wheels can continue to turn.

But yeah, I'm at work at the moment. I finish in half an hour, then I'm going to buy a guitar. So... I'll think about it.
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:29 AM
Sounds like a plan there. Site seems seriously borked atm. Stay tooned to davrosthedaleks playground for further details? hehehehe
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:32 AM
Oh, and by the way, I was trying to use Nightlight earlier today, and for the briefest of moments... it worked. I could get to the radio page.

And then it stopped.

So I have no idea what's going on there. The paranoid part of my mind is suspecting hacking.
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:37 AM
It doesn't seem like hacking its almost like no matter the link it just keep telling the page to go back to the index for no apparent reason. And all you changed was the uploading of a file correct? and oh yea Post 100 baby
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:42 AM
I uploaded three files last night before I went to bed:

1) The lost cause radio series page, with links to part 10
2) The features script that is set in every page
3) part 10 itself

Then I added the news.

Actually, I wonder if me changing my name from 8 of 12 in the news posts to MJ somehow frelled it all up... shouldn't imagine so...
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:44 AM
Maybe, that is the only part that actually would make sense. Maybe it didn't think you were admin anymore when updated and screwed up the script? Just a shot in the dark but maybe change it back and see if it changes can't make it much worse.

Ok test didn't work from what I saw, but I also noticed something when you delete the ? in the URL of the page your on you get a URL not found error. Now is that how it should be or does that mean the pages are gone maybe and thats why we keep getting the index.
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:50 AM
Nope, it didn't work. I posted new news, deleted the news, etc. It changed my name to 8 of 12, but it didn't let you go off the main page.

In other news though, if you're persistant it looks like it will randomly let you through. Curiouser and curiouser.
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 2:55 AM
Visited by everyone who has been to this site. Yes I have seen everyone of those there is to see now and it still didnt let me through. When it lets you in does it let you go to Lost Cause as well or is that random as well?
 MJ
08-04-2005, 2:58 AM
When it lets me through, it lets me onto the page I am clicking on.
 Thrik
08-04-2005, 4:58 AM
It's down to a configuration change which has been layed out across the LFN, a number of Mojo sites which are using slightly older code have been broken (including Mojo itself) and are being repaired on a when-reported basis. I'll get it sorted out, since I'm 99% sure that it's down to the same thing.
 Sallim
08-04-2005, 5:09 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the info Thrik
 MJ
08-04-2005, 5:43 AM
Oh, thank zebra. Thrik, you are the wind beneath my wings :)
 davrosthedalek
08-04-2005, 1:48 PM
Thrik....I love you. On another note does this mean that I can't blame MJ anymore?
 MJ
08-04-2005, 4:28 PM
Yayyyyy! It's WORKING!!!
 Gabez
08-08-2005, 8:54 AM
Oops, I was supposed to help with that wasn't I? In my defense, I was away at Crete when you sent the PM and anyway, I wouldn't have had a clue what the problem was. And by the time I got back it was fixed anyway. So yay!

The new LucasForums is cool too (the quick reply is giving me more precious minutes to, er, waste in my life), though I miss the green for the moment. ;~
 Sallim
08-08-2005, 9:18 AM
Welcome back Gabez! Nice to see you here again.
 Gabez
08-08-2005, 5:10 PM
Did I ever leave? :)

Oh, perhaps I did. But by accident! I was still checking the forums, except one day I think I forgot about them and then it all went downhill from there. Anyway, I'm always here, always looking. I'm very much like God in that aspect (and others, now that I think about it).

Hey, Limpo - if you're posting here does it mean you're back from Australia? If not, when will you be back? I went round your house to see if you were in but you didn't answer the door so I tried the back window - is that okay? I got some mates to help and we watched Seinfeld. But can you tell me how we can lock the front door again? K thx bye.
 MJ
08-08-2005, 6:50 PM
You did that too? Did you remember to tie the gimp back up in the closet? Because I accidently let him out when I was there, and he made an awful mess. :(
 LiMP RABBiT
08-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Still down under I'm afraid Gabzo. I'll be back on the 17th or something. We'll have to arrange a nice marathon. What will it be this time...
 MJ
08-12-2005, 1:51 AM
Bloody answer your e-mail, Limpy. Private message me a phone number I can ring you on before you leave.
 LiMP RABBiT
08-14-2005, 6:06 AM
Ah, bummer, 8. I left where I was staying Friday and haven't been online since. I'm leaving tomorrow at about 8:30am. Looks like no hopes for a phone convo. If there's anything in particular you want, drop me an email.

Sorry about that :(
 MJ
08-14-2005, 8:11 AM
It was just going to be a general 'hello' :)
Page: 1 of 1