Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maps

Page: 1 of 2
 PhireStorm
08-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Just to make sure Im not missing any.

Space maps:
Corusant
Endor
Tattooine

Ground:
Mustafar
Jabba's Palace
Kashyyk
Dagobah
Geonosis
Polis Massa
Utapu
Tantive IV
Jedi Temple

I forget how many in maps they said would be added.
 McCusto
08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
That is all that I have heard of so far.

Oh, you forgot Mustafar and Utapau for ground maps
 Darth Andrew
08-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Where'd ya hear of a Tatooine space battle?
 McCusto
08-02-2005, 10:59 PM
My guess is that is the Tantive IV map
 jedigun
08-03-2005, 5:14 AM
omg only 3 space maps ? :| , and where is the battle at Yavin 4 , Death Star 1 , Death Star 2 , Battle over Naboo from EP 1 , The Rebel run from Hoth @ Empire Strikes Back , not to mention that they could create some new ones ,,,
 FiStO-KiT
08-03-2005, 6:15 AM
Yes,i agree with jedigun their should be more space maps but where is Polis massa? is it in the movies or the games or books?
 ParanoidAndroid
08-03-2005, 8:57 AM
It's the place where Luke and Leia where born at the end of episode 3.

Also you forgot to list the new Kshyyyk map, oh yeah and in the trailor it shows Darth Maul on Tatooine, so I suppose we can assume theres a Tatooine ground map as well.
 Leviathan
08-03-2005, 10:10 AM
PhireStorm has just provided a partial list of maps which will be available in SWBF II ; So, do not blame Pandemic because of the fact you think there will be only 6 maps !

To complete this list, I'd add there will be a map in the Jedi Temple and perhaps one on Hoth. Others will join it soon... ;)
 PhireStorm
08-03-2005, 2:18 PM
Ive only added the ones with absolute proof, I saw tattooine in a screenshot. And Endor, IS death star II
tatooine: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=16)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=12)
besides, the ones you guys are mentioed that i forgot, im adding. thus is the prupose for replies :)
theres a video for Polis Massa: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/media.html)
if you say i forgot one, can you please provide proof?
 McCusto
08-03-2005, 2:52 PM
omg only 3 space maps ? :| , and where is the battle at Yavin 4 , Death Star 1 , Death Star 2 , Battle over Naboo from EP 1 , The Rebel run from Hoth @ Empire Strikes Back , not to mention that they could create some new ones ,,,

If you don't realize this yet, Endor IS Death Star 2.
 BeBop
08-03-2005, 5:34 PM
While I'm not completely sure, this looks like a battle near Yavin if I'm not mistaken:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/737/737697/img_2734485.html)

Am I mistaken? I think not. (though the planet seems too small)
 ParanoidAndroid
08-03-2005, 5:39 PM
Three new videos confirm three new maps atGamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/starwarsbattlefront2/media.html) Jabbas Palace, Kshyyyk, and Yavin IV.

Also if you watch the trailer you see a Tatooine Ground battle and a fight in the jedi temple, not sure if you would count this as absolute proof or not though...

Also in the trailer it shows old clips of Naboo, Hoth, and Geonosis, this might have been a simple mistake or it could mean that these battles will be returning.

Hmmm I would actually say that planet looks more like Geonosis exept it dose not have rings, it looks a bit to solid to be Yavin which is a gas giant if I'm not mistaken...
 Darth Andrew
08-03-2005, 6:14 PM
Jabba's Palace and Yavin look the same to me, but Kashyyyk, wow. That will be one awesome map.
 BeBop
08-03-2005, 10:35 PM
HUZZAH! The Slug droid is ingame! (You know, the one with the single tread around the whole body) Sorry if this is old news but I was desperately hoping they would put it in.

Kashyyyk looks exactly like the movie (what little we saw of it...)

The other maps though... their the same. Exactly the same. I mean, not even a graphical update. This only affirms my claim that this is really just an expansion not a new game....
 Syzerian
08-04-2005, 1:42 AM
Wow, Kashyyyk looks like its just waiting for a massive battle to take place.

BeBop: Keep in mind though that those videos only show a small portion of the levels and its hard to tell if the texture resolution has been increased.
 ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2005, 8:07 AM
I thought Yavin looked a bit better then the original, a bit brighter maybe, but in terms of map layout it looked completely similar. With Jabbas palace I noticed no diffrences at all.

But then again Jabbas palace was a pretty good map, small but fun and intense, I think it is one of the few maps that didn't need changing, or at least nothing drastic. As for Yavin well i'm just surprised there including it at all givin how unpopular it seems to be. There probably focusing more on redesigning the popular maps like Geonosis and Hoth and the Episode 3 maps like Mustafar, Utapau and Kshyyyk.

Speaking of Kshyyyk, it looked great, some cool new vehicles like the Tank Droid, the BARC speeder and I thought I saw somthing flying through the trees towards the beginning of the video. A wookiee vehicle? or a trick of the light?
 PhireStorm
08-04-2005, 9:54 AM
I added Kashyyyk, but the other ones look too uncertain. btw, i think thats bespin, but im not sure.

btw, which video has footage of a jedi temple?
 Leviathan
08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Speaking of Kshyyyk, it looked great, some cool new vehicles like the Tank Droid, the BARC speeder and I thought I saw somthing flying through the trees towards the beginning of the video. A wookiee vehicle? or a trick of the light?
This flying vehicle looks like to a Wookiee artisanal helicopter...
btw, which video has footage of a jedi temple?
You see the Jedi Library in the first trailer of SWBF II. I'll post links to it if they're needed... ;)
 PhireStorm
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
oh yeah..but its not really confiremed, is it?
 ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
well not officially, but then again neither has Mustafar, Utapau, or the battles over Endor and Tatooine, they have just been seen in screenshots and trailers, although I will admit that of all of them the jedi temple has been shown the least so you might want to wait until more information is released before adding it to your list.
 Leviathan
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm almost sure the Jedi Temple will be included in SWBF II... But I have to admit you're right : we must wait more informations before adding this map to our list...
 PhireStorm
08-04-2005, 1:40 PM
i added it for safe measuer anyway. as long as its not a rumor.
 Leviathan
08-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Good... Whereupon, I'm going to continue to look for possible SWBF II maps to complete your list...
 DarthMuffin
08-06-2005, 3:00 PM
After watching the official trailer a couple of times :
- Darth Maul is seen on a tatooine ground map, outside. So it could be like Mos Espa.
- We see a lot of the Jedi Temple, not just the archives. It would be stupid of them to create all this and not include it.
- We see Hoth for a very brief moment; nothing can tell us wheter it's new or not.

My opinion on maps :
- No Hoth = bad. I just can't believe they would skip the most iconic ground battle of the SW movies.
- I do hope the new Geonosis is better than the original.
- A space Yavin would be extremely nice; everyone wants to run the trench.
- There better be an Endor ground map.
- I think it would be kind of cheap to put Jabba's Palace unmodified. It might be good the way it is, but I think it's just lame to use an old and free map to make it look like the game has many planets and maps.

And about the few available space maps : lets not forget that modders should be able to do proper space maps with the stuff that comes with BF2. So the doors open at least a few excellent player-created space maps.
 BeBop
08-06-2005, 7:58 PM
And yet, according to some virtually confirmed (Meaning that an employee said so, but it still may not be completely definite.) rumours floating around the net, mod tools may not come out for SWBFII.
 quixter
08-06-2005, 8:04 PM
They could make more maps though. :) :(
 Leviathan
08-07-2005, 1:59 PM
Of course, they could !... Nevertheless, there are very few chances to get modding tools for SWBF II. Only hex-editing could allow modders to create mini-mods... :(
 Pho3nix
08-07-2005, 6:38 PM
What about Cato Neimodia ? :P
 McCusto
08-07-2005, 9:32 PM
What about it? I have never heard of it.
 quixter
08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
I haven't eather? :confused:
 ParanoidAndroid
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I haven't heard or seen anything about Cato Neimoidia, I doubt it would be in the game, after all it's barley seen in the movies. However there is still a chance, a small one, that it will be in the game.

On the new cover art for BF2 we see Aalya Secura, the jedi who was killed on that jungle planet, and the background appears to be the planet Mygeeto, where Ki-Adi-Mundi was killed in episode 3. While this is not solid proof it does lead me to think that these planets might be in the game. It is also mentioned in an interview somewhere that they are adding planets glimpsed only briefly in the movies. Maybe some of the planets where Order 66 was executed will be in the game, or it might be just another case of misleading cover art. We will just have to wait for more information I guess.
 quixter
08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Wow! :) That doesn't sound like the cover I saw!?
Here is the one I know of. http://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3376;category_id=477;pcid1=) ;pcid2=
P.S. Could you send a link or pic. of the cover your talking about? It prob. is the one I've seen and I just didn't look into the backround. Thnx
P.S.S. Isnt the beginning of episode IV with the Rebel Blocade Runner a space map?????
 ParanoidAndroid
08-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes were talking about the same cover, I believe the background behind obi-wan looks like Mygeeto, although it could be another planet...

Yes technicly it is a space map but all the fighting takes place inside one ship so it is counted as a land battle.
 Leviathan
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Paranoid', "that jungle planet", as you say, is Felucia... ;)
Regarding the cover's back-ground, I think it could be either Mygeeto or perhaps Rhen Var... But it is just a thought...
 quixter
08-08-2005, 1:26 PM
Yeah Rhen War thats what it looks like. :)
 ParanoidAndroid
08-08-2005, 8:12 PM
Felucia, yeah that sounds right, sorry i'm pretty bad with names and even worse with spelling.

anyway, now that you mention it the background could be seen as several worlds, most notably Rhen Var and Mygeeto but also Coruscant and maybe even Bespin.

But even if it is not Mygeeto in the background, the fact that Aalya Secura (right name?) is shown standing behind obi-wan gives me hope that Felucia and hopefully other minor planets will be in the game.
 Leviathan
08-09-2005, 1:46 PM
It is highly possible...

PS : It is Aayla Secura... ;)
 Keige
08-13-2005, 3:08 PM
Well, the game is about the 501st unit, and I think alot of them were the ones that killed the jedi in order 66.
 Darth Alec
08-13-2005, 3:25 PM
Skipping Hoth is not an option for the makers, nor is any other battle seen in the movie (exept battles during order 66) so it will be included (as that was a suprise).
 Leviathan
08-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Well, the game is about the 501st unit, and I think alot of them were the ones that killed the jedi in order 66.
Not only about this legion... We'll see other ones on Kashyyyk, Felucia, etc...
 joesdomain
08-20-2005, 7:09 PM
I have seen some internet gaming sites with some information that said all maps from Star Wars Battlefront are in it. I think I read a quote from a Lucasarts representative saying that too.
That means:

Tatoonie (Dune Sea)
Tatoonie (Mos Eisley)
Hoth
Endor
Kashyyyk (Village)
Kashyyyk (Docks)
Rhen Var (Harbor)
Rhen Var (Mountaintop)
Naboo (Theed)
Naboo (Plains of Naboo)
Geonosis
Kamino
Bespin (Platform)
Bespin (Cloud City)

New:
Tatoonie (Jabba's Palace)
Death Star 1
Death Star 2
Dagobah
Tantive I
Mygeeto
Felucia
Polis Massa
Courscant (Space Battle during Episode III)
Courscant (Jedi Temple)
Mustafar
Utapau

I heard Kashyyyk, Geonosis are a little different than first game. They did say about 20 locations. If you count just the planet names, Tantive IV, Death Star 1, and Death Star 2 then you get 19 locations which is close to the 20 they were saying on the website. I have been told Cato Nemoida is the only episode III planet not being put into the game. I was hoping for Alderran has a location. Maybe a space battle above Alderran!
 PhireStorm
08-21-2005, 10:25 AM
can you give a link plz?
 DKega^Fett
08-21-2005, 5:04 PM
I hope the space map from Episode 1 on Naboo, I love yellow starfighters :smash:
 McCusto
08-21-2005, 5:08 PM
Yeah, that would be cool
 joesdomain
08-21-2005, 8:00 PM
Most of my information comes from Gamespot.com, IGN.com, Lucasarts.com, Star Wars Insider Magazine, and the Starwars.com website. I don't have specific links just quotes from certain lucasarts representatives, etc.
 Ryozan
08-27-2005, 3:29 PM
are their any new factions?
just wondering....
but a battle in the temple?
thats a no go level i think maybe coruscant with the senate:D
a battle btween Jedis jumping over the place...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
 zerted
08-27-2005, 8:44 PM
I think the senate map would be hard. There would be many levels. The main way to kill a player would be to shoot across the map or throw gernades to a higher level,
 Leviathan
08-30-2005, 11:55 AM
The Senate isn't only a Chamber : It is also corridors and basements... ;)
 OOM-911
09-03-2005, 12:24 AM
what everyone should remeber is that most of the maps are combind :rifle1: :explode: :gun7:
 master_skywalke
09-03-2005, 12:21 PM
are their any new factions?
just wondering....
but a battle in the temple?
thats a no go level i think maybe coruscant with the senate:D
a battle btween Jedis jumping over the place...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
That would be awsome!!:twogun:
Page: 1 of 2