Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dynamic glow doesn't work...

Page: 1 of 1
 The Jackal
07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Here are the relevant system specs:

Pentium 4 1.5GHz
256MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9250 256MB video card

No matter if I turn on dynamic glow in the console (r_dynamicglow 1), or in the setup menu, it doesn't work. Yet friends of mine who are using inferior video cards and computers are able to see the dynamic glow. Any idea as to what the problem may be? I have CATALYST 0.56 drivers according to the advanced display properties.

This is regarding Jedi Academy, by the way.
 Crow_Nest
07-29-2005, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal

ATI Radeon 9250 256MB video card

Your graphics card says it all........

I think Dynamic Glow is just a DirectX 9 effect which requires a video card that 100% fully supports Pixel Shader 1.4 and Vertex Shader 1.1. Since yours doesnt, get an upgrade.
 MaddestMax
02-26-2006, 5:46 AM
The Dynamic Glow effect is like the push-blur effect in JA a DirectX 8(!) effectwhich requires Pixel-Shader 1.0 or higher.
Im sad about this too, but there is no way to bypass this.
 Crow_Nest
03-03-2006, 7:20 AM
I doubt its PS1.0. On my old GF4 MX 440 i couldnt run dynamic glow too, and that card supports PS1.1 and VS1.4. But after upgrading to a FX5700 Ultra which supported PS2.0 and VS2.0 i started to have the glows. This made me to believe that glow will only work on PS2.0 and VS2.0 video cards. But whats weird is that, i dont think the GeForce 4 Ti series support any of it and it could run dynamic glow.
Page: 1 of 1