Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

dantooine performance bug

Page: 1 of 1
 panties
07-25-2005, 7:52 PM
I am stuck in the Matale grounds on Dantooine!!!

I am doing my jedi training on Dantooine, and I am trying to find the cave where you have to confront the dark side. After fighting a Mandalorian and a couple Duros warriors, I walked past them to find a large, somewhat circular field with a settlers' building in the middle of it.

Basically my framerate in this scene becomes so low that I can't move. Sometimes I can, if I go crazy on the keyboard, then two seconds later I'll be in a different place on the same field.

(I turned all the settings down as low as I could, and I'm running the game on a pretty fast system).

My character gets truly stuck in place when I try to go around the building, which I assume I'm supposed to do in order to find the cave.

I have tried this with version 1.00 and with the latest patch. There's no difference. Does anyone know how to get around this bug, or perhaps an alternate path to the cave?
 Darth333
07-25-2005, 8:10 PM
Check point 2 in this thread (the swkotor.ini trick) : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144109)

It works for Kotor 1 as well.
Page: 1 of 1