Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Defender's Wrist Console

Page: 1 of 3
 mrdefender
07-24-2005, 3:07 PM
Well. I thought It would've taken alot more time than this to release another version, but I kept getting ideas :| In any case, It wouldn't suprise me if modders were to find this particular version interesting lol.

* The player and party members now remain cloaked when using the wrist console!

* Developer: Several functions that would be very useful to modders, but also useful to players.
* Developer: Launch a custom script from one of ten possible slots.
* Developer: Gain an custom item from one of ten possible slots.
* Developer: Start a custom dialogue from one of ten possible slots.
* Developer: Navigate to a custom module from one of ten possible slots.
* Developer: Access a Merchant file from one of ten possible slots.
* Developer: Unlock and Open the nearest door.
* Developer: Reveal the current area fully on the map.
* Developer: Change Revan's Gender and Force Alignment.
* Developer: Party Debugging System.
.. * Remove All Party Members and NPCs from your Party.
.. * Add all party members including Mira and Handmaiden. [M,LS]
.. * Add all party members including Hanharr and Handmaiden. [M,DS]
.. * Add all party members including Mira and Disciple. [F,LS]
.. * Add all party members including Hanharr and Disciple. [F,DS]
.. * Add a specific party member to your party.
.. * Remove a specific party member from your party.

* Party Ops: Added ability to see specific party member's status reports in their party options.
* Party Ops: Improved the look of the status reports, should remove the need to scroll on a 1024x768 screen.
* Party Ops: Added options for the player character to give him/herself jedi class specific feats.
Force Jump, Force Focus, Ignore Pain, Sneak Attack, Force Immunity, Inner Strength, Increase Melee Damage
Increase Combat Damage, Superior Lightsaber Focus, Superior Two-Weapon Fighting

* Battle Sim: The Reveal Map function can also be found in this section.
* Battle Sim: The Open/Unlock Nearest Door function can also be found in this section.
* Battle Sim: Improved the look of the status reports, should remove the need to scroll on a 1024x768 screen.

* Mod Ops: New Bypass key, disables the warning message encountered at the begining of the new developer section.

Here's a guide on how to use these new developer functions (http://jediarchives.ca/defmods/index.php?page=support&mode=tutorial&entry=7). You can download this modification on my website (http://jediarchives.ca/) by following this link (http://jediarchives.ca/defmods/index.php?page=modview&game=1&mod=1&vers=19).

Enjoy! :smash: :)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-24-2005, 3:36 PM
Looks awesome man! :thumbsup:

You've already added features I wanted to add in my version 2 HakPadBooster Pack (in the works)...

Some fine work there indeed! :D

I've definitely gotta check this out!

And I'm glad you decided to release it. I think alot of players will enjoy your mod! (I know I will).. hehehe
 mrdefender
07-24-2005, 4:18 PM
Thanks :) I was nervous, I've seen alot of people get angry at new modders on pcgamemods, glad I wasn't one of them :o

Taking your booster pack out for a spin :D

Anyone got any ideas of what I should add next?
 Jeff
07-24-2005, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by mrdefender
Anyone got any ideas of what I should add next?
I do not. You've added so much theres not much more you can do! Great job, and I am certainly glad you decided to release it.
 mrdefender
07-24-2005, 5:28 PM
 Lorden Darkblade
07-24-2005, 6:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Awesome work man!!!
It has great features! I can't think of anyone else to add :p
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2005, 5:22 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Awesome work man!!!
It has great features! I can't think of anyone else to add :p

Ditto man, gotta love this ;)

( and you cant fault a Yoda Avatar ;) )

Colma Adawin
 mrdefender
07-25-2005, 1:30 PM
Actually, you can. Someone sort of forgot to eh.. add the eh... spells.2da..... :o

Can't edit the download so I had to upload another "mod" to pcgamemods.com.

I'm so embarrased lol :o :o

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14581)

I'm going to see If I can figgure out how to get this tsl patcher thing to work...
 ChAiNz.2da
07-25-2005, 1:47 PM
I'm going to see If I can figgure out how to get this tsl patcher thing to work...

Feel free to dissect my HakPad's installer for an 'example'... it's going to be something similar to what you'll need for your armband :)

And don't hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck... (just make sure to ask Patcher related questions in it's own thread):

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149285) :)
 General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 1:34 AM
Very very nice job man :D I'm off to download my copy now and install for use. I will ask one thing however. Are there any compat. issues for ChAinZ.2da's Hak Pak MOD?

Again great job :thumbsup:

General Kenobi
 mrdefender
07-26-2005, 2:04 PM
Not if you add my "wristconsole" line from my spells.2da into your spells.2da file...

It's less of a hassle if you add my line to your spells.2da file, that way you only have one line to do and it would be compatible with any of your other mods that use a spells.2da file.

As far as scripts and items go, I believe we don't have a file that share the same filename (me = chainz and myself). This would be the biggest issue for incompatibility as far as scripts and items are concerned...
 General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 2:08 PM
Good deal :D and again nice job! :thumbsup:
 ChAiNz.2da
07-26-2005, 2:11 PM
As far as scripts and items go, I believe we don't have a file that share the same filename (me = chainz and myself). This would be the biggest issue for incompatibility as far as scripts and items are concerned...
True. :)

Also, just as a note to a fellow "cheat" developer... all of my scripts will begin with "hak_" :D

and BTW, I'm really enjoying your armband... nice work man! :rock:
 mrdefender
07-27-2005, 1:39 PM
Got a new version for everyone, v1.1 !!!!

You can now, thru my mod (duh! :o), do:

- Give yourself force points (25,50,75,100,500,1000)
- Train your party members in 9 possible jedi classes
... - Jedi Guardian/Sentinel/Consular
... - Jedi WM/Watchman/Master
... - Sith MA/Assassin/Lord

Grab it here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/14643)

Finally got the hang on the screenshot system on pcgamemods, so you can see it at the bottom of the mod page :D

@ Chainz, I've included my sources for scripts if you want to look at them, you need Tk102's dialogue editor to make it work with the scripts though, since it uses alot of those P# things :)

Cut down my script number from 106 to 6 :eek:. definitley worth a look, i think :)
 Jeff
07-27-2005, 1:49 PM
Great job defender! I'll have to give this new version a spin :)
 stoffe
07-27-2005, 2:02 PM
Got a new version for everyone, v1.1

Not to be annoying or bring bad news, but the mod won't work if it is installed on top of an existing spells.2da which already contains custom lines, since you don't update which spells.2da line to trigger in your wristconsole.uti item template.

This will always trigger spellid 282 even if another force power or item power already exists with that id. You'll have to make the installer update your wristconsole.uti file with the proper spells.2da reference for it to work. :)

Oh, and you should use \ (backslash) when defining subfolders, not / (slash).

To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex.
Then (in ChangeEdit), add wristconsole.uti to the GFF Files list. Add the folowing modifier to that file:
GFF Field: PropertiesList\0\Subtype
Value: 2DAMEMORY1
 RevanA4
07-27-2005, 3:36 PM
you just rendered half of my mods useless:mad:

but cool:D
 mrdefender
07-27-2005, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by jedigoku
you just rendered half of my mods useless:mad:

but cool:D

Could 'copyrow0' for spells.2da be responsible for this? :confused:

im talking about tsl patcher changes.ini file...
 RevanA4
07-27-2005, 8:57 PM
most of mine have been variations of the same mod but I basically have the npc's start as jedi and you train them into a prestige class:D
 mrdefender
07-27-2005, 9:20 PM
:(

I released 1.1b, its just a zip file and it has my 2da, but in a seperate folder. I think for now the best thing to do is to add the line from my spells.2da to your/their spells.2da

I'm trying to figgure out why its not working. I'm seriously stummped at the moment.
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
Not to be annoying or bring bad news, but the mod won't work if it is installed on top of an existing spells.2da which already contains custom lines, since you don't update which spells.2da line to trigger in your wristconsole.uti item template.

This will always trigger spellid 282 even if another force power or item power already exists with that id. You'll have to make the installer update your wristconsole.uti file with the proper spells.2da reference for it to work. :)

Oh, and you should use \ (backslash) when defining subfolders, not / (slash).

To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex.
Then (in ChangeEdit), add wristconsole.uti to the GFF Files list. Add the folowing modifier to that file:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

But.. my script doesn't have anything about numbers... it just starts a conversation...

void main() { ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(),"wristconsole"); }

thats all there is in the file :confused: :(
 stoffe
07-28-2005, 4:44 AM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

But.. my script doesn't have anything about numbers... it just starts a conversation...

Yes, but something has to fire that script, right? That script is an impact script that is set by your new line in spells.2da.

In turn, your armband (I assume), defined by the item template wristconsole.uti has a CastSpell/Activate Item property that fires off this spell when you activate the armband.

This UTI file points to the row number in spells.2da of the "spell" that should be triggered when the armband is activated, which in turn fires your script.

In your mod currently, this line number is not dynamically updated to reflect the line number that your new row is added as in spells.2da. Since you haven't instructed the installer to do this, your UTI is hardcoded to fire spells.2da line 282, which may not be your armband power at all if the player already has custom lines in their spells.2da.

Thus, you'll need to instruct the installer to update the CastSpell/Activate Item property in your wristconsole.uti template so it fires the correct power when activated. The installer can do this, if you make it keep track of the row number it adds your new row as. I posted instructions on how to do this in the fine print in the above post. :)
 JacenPrime
07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
And i'm not sure if its just me, but for me, it keeps making a subfolder named install, and when I move it from that subfolder, it doesn't work (I edited the GFF files to fire from the edited 2da file...)
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 12:57 PM
:confused: not sure about that one JP, but 1.1 was my first attempt at using tsl patcher. I wasn't suprised that it didn't work lol.

I've noticed the other mods don't use a sub folder, so my next tsl patcher will not use a subfolder aswell.

But this time I'm going to ask around to test it before putting it on pcgamemods.

I'm currently working on tsl patcher, hopefully by the weekend it will be working :o :cool:
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 1:07 PM
To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex

So, I edit 'copyrow0' and add the 2da mem thing at the bottom of that?

At the bottom of this window (http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/tslpatcher01.jpg)?)

Like so (http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/tslpatcher02.jpg)?)

Also, did I put the proper information? On the left menu, under 'gff files', is it supposed to be 'wristconsole.uti' ? (just making sure)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-28-2005, 1:17 PM
More like:

Column = 2DAMEMORY1
Value = RowIndex

----------------
This sets the installer to "remember" what value it automatically gives the RowIndex

THEN in your .uti file, it will assign the "remembered" number to your .uti's Subtype Property

you've got the .uti portion correct :)
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 1:58 PM
Like this?

http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/tslpatcher03.jpg)

I obviously need to click the red arrow here to add it, but I want to make sure I'm adding the right stuff :)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-28-2005, 2:13 PM
Like this?
:thumbsup:

but remember, it's always best to test it afterwards to make sure everything "took" ;)
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 3:52 PM
Alrighty. How does it look now? :confused:

http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/changes.ini)
 stoffe
07-28-2005, 4:16 PM

Alrighty. How does it look now? :confused:
(URI)

Three things...
1) Remove the / in the filename for the override folder. It should be override instead of /override/. This is probably easiest to by opening changes.ini with Notepad since you only need to change the name in once place there. ChangeEdit is a bit clumsy for that kind of thing currently.

2) If you want to make it upgrade-safe to avoid duplicate lines in spells.2da if they already have your modified spells.2da from a previous version, open changes.ini with notepad. Search for the line that reads label=WristConsole. On a new line just above this line, add this line:
ExclusiveColumn=label

This will update an existing row in spells.2da with the column values rather than create a new row if a row with the label WristConsole already exist in the user's spells.2da file. (If the line doesn't exist it's added as instructed of course.)

3) You make the installer dump the readme-file in the user's override folder. While I suppose this is okay, it's probably easier to find if you put it in their game folder instead. Put .\ as the folder name in ChangeEdit if you want to install the file directly in the game folder. (Though if you do you probably want to name the file something more than just ReadMe since that doesn't tell what mod it belongs to.)
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 5:55 PM
Ok, I did steps 1 thru 3, and updated the changes.ini file on my site....

how does it look now?
 stoffe
07-28-2005, 6:30 PM

Ok, I did steps 1 thru 3, and updated the changes.ini file on my site....
how does it look now?

As far as I can see at a quick glance that looks okay.

But you might just as well had added a new row fresh rather than copy an existing one if you are going to modify all the columns anyway. But that's just nitpicking, should work either way. :)

(Though if you want to be sure, make a fake install and check that everything is properly updated. Check in the TSLPatcher thread for instructions on how to fool the installer into accepting another folder than the game folder as install location.)
 mrdefender
07-28-2005, 10:47 PM
ARGH!!! Still doesn't work... :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

*cries* why won't this work!!!!!:(

The "install package" (http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/wc11b_beta.zip)

This is when I have NO spells.2da file in my override folder.
• Installation started 7/28/2005 10:41:49 PM...
• Copying file "spells.2da" to Override folder...
• Updated 2DA file C:\Games\Kotor2\override\spells.2da.
• Modifying GFF blueprints...
• Copying file "wristconsole.uti" to Override folder...
• Modifying GFF file wristconsole.uti...
• Finished updating GFF file wristconsole.uti
• Installing unmodified files...
• Copying file dcc.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_bench.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_giveitem.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_givepower.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_startduel.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_training.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file duelist_atton.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file duelist_briana.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file duelsaber.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file itemscustom.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsdroids.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsgame.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsmedical.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsupgrade.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator1-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator2-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator3-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator4-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file wristconsole.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file WristConsole.dlg to the override folder...
• A file named wristconsole.uti already exists in the override folder. Skipping file...
• Copying file defmod_wc_readme.txt to the Game folder...
• Copying file defmod_wc_version.txt to the Game folder...
• Done. Changes have been applied, but 1 warnings were encountered.

This is what I have when I do have a spells.2da file in my override

• Installation started 7/28/2005 10:43:06 PM...
• Modifying file "spells.2da" found in Override folder...
• Updated 2DA file C:\Games\Kotor2\override\spells.2da.
• Modifying GFF blueprints...
• Copying file "wristconsole.uti" to Override folder...
• Modifying GFF file wristconsole.uti...
• Invalid memory token 2DAMEMORY1 encountered, unable to insert a proper value in the 2da!
• Finished updating GFF file wristconsole.uti
• Installing unmodified files...
• Copying file dcc.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_bench.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_giveitem.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_givepower.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_startduel.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file defmod_training.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file duelist_atton.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file duelist_briana.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file duelsaber.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file itemscustom.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsdroids.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsgame.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsmedical.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file itemsupgrade.2da to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator1-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator2-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator3-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file -seperator4-.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file wristconsole.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file WristConsole.dlg to the override folder...
• A file named wristconsole.uti already exists in the override folder. Skipping file...
• A file named defmod_wc_readme.txt already exists in the Game folder. Skipping file...
• A file named defmod_wc_version.txt already exists in the Game folder. Skipping file...
• Done. Some changes may have been applied, but 1 errors and 3 warnings were encountered!
 stoffe
07-29-2005, 6:58 AM

ARGH!!! Still doesn't work... :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

*cries* why won't this work!!!!!:(
The "install package" (http://user.jediarchives.ca/defmods/wc11b_beta.zip)
This is when I have NO spells.2da file in my override folder.

Remove wristconsole.uti from the list of Install files. It is already being put in override when the installer modifies the GFF, and should not be on the install list as well, or it will cause trouble (ie undoing the modifications the installer just made to the file by copying the unaltered version and overwriting the modified version with it.)

Hmm, I should probably add some safety net in ChangeEdit preventing you from adding modified files to the Install files list as well. *puts on todo list...*

This is what I have when I do have a spells.2da file in my override

Uh oh.... :o Oh hell... :o I'm very sorry about that, this appears to be a major goof-up on my part.

Seems like I was using an older version of the Patcher class when I compiled the last version of TSLPatcher.exe... a version which didn't have the replace functionality implemented yet.

(Must have happened when I made v1.1.3 to add the commandline feature, since I'd already started on v1.2 by then.)

Download this update (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/TSLPatcher115.rar) to the TSLPatcher.exe and use that instead, and this problem should go away. This should be the most up-to-date version of the Patcher again.

Again, sorry for the headache I've caused you. :o I really should get more organized...

Oh, and as for the two "file already exists" warning near the bottom, that's because you've already installed once so the readme-files are located in the game folder, but you haven't instructed the patcher to replace them. So it'll just skip copying them. If you want to get rid of the message for sure you could set it to replace those files, but it's no big deal since it'll only show up if you install again when the mod already has been installed.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-29-2005, 7:00 AM
OOPS! seems stoffe has fixed that... hehehe...
The version I did below was made with the 1.14 version, not this latest update

Hmm.. I think I may have found the problem...

I noticed when making a changes.ini for your mod that if I put the entry:

2DAMEMORY1=RowLabel

As the very first entry, I would get an error message when installing...

when I put the entry at the very end of the list, everything worked fine..??

here's the final changes.ini I did that seemed to work. Though users will need to uninstall any previous versions of your mod before using this one:

; ================================================== =================
; 2DA/TLK/GFF PATCHER - MODIFICATIONS FILE (7/25/2005)
; This file is automatically generated and as such has no formatting
; to speak of. You can insert blank lines between sections and add
; comment lines starting with semicolon without breaking anything.
; -------------------------------------------------------------------
; Defender's Wrist Console > 1.1b > http://jediarchives.ca/)

[Settings]
FileExists=1
WindowCaption=Defender's WristConsole 1.1
ConfirmMessage=Are you sure you want to install? Be sure if you have a spells.2da file, it is in your main override folder, NOT in a sub-folder.
LogLevel=3
InstallerMode=1
BackupFiles=1

[TLKList]

[2DAList]
Table0=spells.2da

[GFFList]
File0=wristconsole.uti

[InstallList]
install_folder0=override

[spells.2da]
AddRow0=WristConsole
[WristConsole]
label=WristConsole
forcepoints=0
goodevil=-
usertype=4
guardian=0
consular=0
sentinel=0
weapmstr=0
jedimaster=0
watchman=0
marauder=0
sithlord=0
assassin=0
inate=1
maxcr=3
category=0x1808
range=T
impactscript=wristconsole
conjtime=170
conjanim=hand
castanim=self
casttime=1330
catchtime=0
proj=0
itemimmunity=0
exclusion=0x00
requireitemmask=0x0000
forbiditemmask=0x0000
itemtargeting=1
hostilesetting=0
formmask=0x00
2DAMEMORY1=RowLabel
[wristconsole.uti]
PropertiesList\0\Subtype=2DAMEMORY1
[install_folder0]
Replace0=itemscustom.2da
Replace1=itemsdroids.2da
Replace2=itemsgame.2da
Replace3=itemsmedical.2da
Replace4=itemsupgrade.2da
Replace5=WristConsole.dlg
Replace6=defmod_bench.ncs
Replace7=defmod_giveitem.ncs
Replace8=defmod_givepower.ncs
Replace9=defmod_startduel.ncs
Replace10=defmod_training.ncs
Replace11=wristconsole.ncs
Replace12=duelist_atton.utc
Replace13=duelist_briana.utc
Replace14=dcc.uti
Replace15=duelsaber.uti
Replace16=-seperator1-.uti
Replace17=-seperator2-.uti
Replace18=-seperator3-.uti
Replace19=-seperator4-.uti

I re-packaged your mod with the modifications I made mrdefender. I can PM you a download link if you wish? I'd rather not post it "publicly" because:

1) I think you'd be better off so you can look it over and see how I did it.. and

2) I'd rather people download the mod from you rather than grabbing it from me here ;)

I'll PM you the download link so you can look it over :)

I did however take out your custom spells.2da. With this installer, people won't need it and it may cause more confusion than anything. I've found alot of PCGM'ers don't like reading instructions before installing something, then blame you for a faulty mod... when it could've been easily avoided had they actually read the readme :rolleyes: hehehe...
 stoffe
07-29-2005, 7:18 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Hmm.. I think I may have found the problem...

I noticed when making a changes.ini for your mod that if I put the entry:

2DAMEMORY1=RowLabel

As the very first entry, I would get an error message when installing...

Yes, that's another "interesting" quirk with how the TSLPatcher works. The line isn't added until one of its columns has a value assigned/modified. So you can't assign the RowIndex or RowLabel to a memory token until you've assigned at least one column a value, since the row doesn't exist before that (and as such as no RowIndex).

You should probably use RowIndex instead of RowLabel when dealing with spells.2da to be safe, since it is indexed by line number. As long as the row label is identical to the line number it doesn't really matter, but just in case. :)

RowLabel = The column to the far left in KotorTool's 2DA-editor, whose values you can edit. It usually mirrors the line number of the row, but must not necessarily do so in all files.

RowIndex = Perhaps confusingly named, this is the line number in the 2DA file. This starts at 0 and counts up one for each line in the file. This obviously can't be edited (unless indirectly by deleting lines, which never should be done in line number indexed 2DA's).
 mrdefender
07-29-2005, 2:13 PM
This might sound like a stupid question but....

If I remove wristconsole.uti, how does patcher know what my file is supposed to be?

Does TSL Patcher know its an armband that can be activated? does it know that it should be called "<LastName> Wrist Console" ?

:confused:
 ChAiNz.2da
07-29-2005, 2:29 PM

If I remove wristconsole.uti, how does patcher know what my file is supposed to be?

Does TSL Patcher know its an armband that can be activated? does it know that it should be called "<LastName> Wrist Console" ?
stoffe means remove "wristconsole.uti" from the "Install Files" section (within changeedit.exe).

You'll still list the .uti in the "GFF Section" along with the PropertiesList\0\Subtype" value (set to 2DAMEMORY1)

The patcher will automatically add any files listed in the TLK Entries / 2DA Files / GFF Files Sections, so there's no need to "double-up" on them by including them in the "Install Files" section

The Patcher loads the files in sequence as to how it's placed in the changeedit.exe...

1) TLK Entries (if any)
2) 2DA Files
3) GFF Files
4) Install Files

if you put edited items in "Install Files" it will basically overwrite the ones that it had adjusted previously in the sequence...causing your item to be "Un-Patcher-ed" ;)
 stoffe
07-29-2005, 2:35 PM

You should not remove the wristconsole.uti file entirely, you should just remove it from the Install Files list.

Why? Because you have already added it to the GFF List, which will copy the file to override and modify the item property in the file.

If you add it to the Install files list as well, you will copy the file a second time, this time the unmodified file, which will overwrite the file the installer just copied and modified a second earlier.

A file should only ever be on one of the lists (2DA, GFF, Install). The Install files list should only contain files that the installer doesn't modify in some way.
 mrdefender
07-30-2005, 1:40 AM
IT WORKS!!!!!

and so does tsl patcher... I think...

I added 5 "blank" lines to my spells.2da file, Installed using patcher and the uti lists the same line as the spell!!!

:)

I still have a little problem though, for some reason tsl patcher doesn't replace the 2 text files, even though its listed as 'replace' :-/
 mrdefender
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Just released version 1.3, which can be found here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/15222/).

New Features:
:saberg: Replicate Pazaack Cards (mass replicate, 10 of each card type)
:saberg: Modify Party Member's Influence
:saberg: Spawn Party Member Duelist for every party member except G0T0 and T3.

Bug Fixes:
:saberr: None in this version...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/15222)
 Lorden Darkblade
08-01-2005, 1:12 PM
This is awesome!
Great work mrdefender :thumbsup: ;) :)
 mrdefender
08-01-2005, 2:40 PM
Looks like we got TSL Patcher to work :)
 ChAiNz.2da
08-01-2005, 2:43 PM
Looks great MD! :emodanc:

I'll be sure to grab the latest one with the 'new' toys you added :D
 mrdefender
08-13-2005, 7:54 PM
Just released version 1.3, which can be found here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/15222/).

New Features:
:saberg: Replicate Pazaack Cards (mass replicate, 10 of each card type)
:saberg: Modify Party Member's Influence
:saberg: Spawn Party Member Duelist for every party member except G0T0 and T3.

Bug Fixes:
:saberr: None in this version...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/15222)

:)
 General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey Defender I noticed that one of my party members is REALLY easy to kill when dueling with them. Does the band make an exact copy of your party member? I'm wondering if it's my own Kreia's low level or something?

:ben
General Kenobi
 mrdefender
08-15-2005, 1:05 AM
Odd. You're the first person who says its easy lol.

I used the party member's respective .utc file and changed their class, skills, attributes, powers, feats, levels and inventory... The duelists have a challenge rating of 8 and a character level of 15... Not sure what the 8 one really does though...
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2005, 9:16 AM
Not sure what the 8 one really does though...
Makes them a bad ass ;)

When I was making the Nightsister Witch for the Darksword... I started playing with that value (challenge rating)... needless to say... it took many reloads before I got her down to a "reasonable" level...
 Lorden Darkblade
08-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Nice new features mrdefender :thumbsup:
This just keeps getting better and better :D
 maaneeack
08-15-2005, 4:44 PM
@Defender: great mod. suggestion/request: When you close one of the workbenches, have it go back to the console interface instead of back out to the game. That way if you are trying to make three or four things and they are all in different workbenches you don't have to click the (or scroll click) to bring the console interface back up. It might save what, 3 seconds? but I think it might be a nice addition. Feel free to ignore me though, hehe.
Page: 1 of 3