Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR graphic issues

Page: 1 of 1
 cons
07-24-2005, 8:33 AM
Hi there
I installed kotor 1 on my 98 se. It has:

1.5 ghz cpu
nvidia geforece fx5200 video card
ac97 audio and 512mb of ram

It said that it met the minimum requirements (only prossecor was not recomended) so i started a new game. However...
as i am walking around the endar spire, lots of random brown lines obstruct my view in certain places (hopefully attached screen will work) and it's very annoying. I have the latest drivers for my video card and it worked fine opn my XP with basicly the same card. How can i fix this?

Screen : http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/136/error4cc.png)
(paste into browser)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-24-2005, 9:23 AM
weird, that looks like model verts being stretched out???

If worse comes to worse, have you tried starting a new (differernt) game? Sometimes it can be quirky like that and for some freakish reason it does that...

oh yeah, do you have any mods installed, or is this a 'fresh' game?
 cons
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
fresh game
just installed it and started a new game.
my computers been werid for a while so i might start over
 stingerhs
07-24-2005, 8:27 PM
well, for one thing, you'd probably have much better performance on a lower res (assuming you're running the game on the res your screenshot was taken in).

another thing is that when you run the game in higher resolutions, the entire game seems to get a bit unstable. i tend to get a lot of game crashes and wierd graphical errors (not just artifacts) when i run the game at really high resolutions. personally, i recommend that you run the game in 800x600 or 1024x768.

see if that helps out a bit. ;)
 Prime
07-25-2005, 7:30 AM
Have you tried updating the drivers for the video card?
 cons
07-25-2005, 8:25 AM
i'm running it at 800 x 600

i've got the latest drivers and i've tried with a lower res...

carths face is all distorted and messd up and i've got a screen of what the jedi on the endar spire looks like

screen:http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jedi0re.png)

any more ideas?
 wingzro
07-25-2005, 3:09 PM
is your video card tweaked in any way? ie. using tweaked drivers or overclocked?
 cons
07-26-2005, 3:52 AM
no idea...
how would i find out?
 ChAiNz.2da
07-26-2005, 4:02 AM
Originally posted by cons
no idea...
how would i find out?
Basically, have you done any "self" adjusting settings with the drivers or your mobo's CPU setings? (other than standard updates, upgrades and patches)...

It may sound odd, and you may have already tried it.. but when I have had the 'glitches' appear.. I immediately quite the game, then re-started TSL again (without restarting the computer)... sometimes it 'fixes' the problem... it might just be a 'hiccup' when the game first loads..

Is this happening quite regularly or is this just something that started recently?
 cons
07-26-2005, 5:29 AM
i haven't done any fiddeling and it does happen all the time but i have found the problem...

i went back to using a previous version of the nvidia driver...
that sorted it
all is well now
thanks for all your help
 cons
07-26-2005, 7:55 AM
but now battlefront wont work...
has anyone got any 98 nvidia geforce fx drivers other than the newest one and the DetonatorFX 45.23?
 jmac7142
07-26-2005, 2:23 PM
I had a similar problem to that as well, the 'models.bif' archive was corrupted and the game engine wasn't reading them right, try re-installing the new drivers, cleaning your registry thorougly with a 'scrubber', and manually removing entries that aren't needed (type 'regedit' in the Start->Run window), then uninstalling the game, then installing it again. As for the older drivers fixing it, I have no idea why that is, but my game looked the exact same as yours. :confused:
Page: 1 of 1