Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why...why does it hates us?

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Maker
07-22-2005, 8:35 AM
Ok, I have a (rather nice) 128 mb Radeon 9800 graphics card slapped into one of my PCI ports, it can play UT04 with 8-10 people just fine but for Kotor and TSL it just will not work to its full capacity. Stealth mode still has that weird set of electrical lines around the user and does not look very realistic. The textures and everything look fine but Stealth mode still looks like crap. I updated my drivers because earlier the textures were in 256 colors, but it didn't help. My question is... do I need an even BETTER graphics card or is there another driver out there somewhere I need to get :confused:

(Or the much worse alternative... there is nothing I can do to fix it :( )
 lukeiamyourdad
07-22-2005, 8:58 AM
 T7nowhere
07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
If it does look like This ^^^ then you need to turn on frambuffer in the game options. :p
 stingerhs
07-22-2005, 12:20 PM
well, i have a R9700 Pro overclocked to R9800 specs, and the game runs just fine for me.

i run the game with the following settings:

1074x768 @ 85hz
Grass On
Shadows On
Frame Buffer Effects On
AA @ 6x
AF @ 4x
VSync off
High Textures

try using those settings and see if it helps. ;)
 The_Maker
07-22-2005, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
If it does look like This ^^^ then you need to turn on frambuffer in the game options. :p
The game won't let me :confused: Its as if it doesn't even know my graphics card is there. I cannot turn on Frame Buffering effects or V-sync but I can in TSL. Is it something with my configurations or something worse? When I do turn V-sync on in TSL the game acts like my graphics card is disabled and it is using the built-in 32 mb one on the mother board. This is really weird and I I wish I knew how to fix it :(
 lukeiamyourdad
07-22-2005, 5:11 PM
Maybe you should go to the device manager and try to disable the onboard graphic cards.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Maybe I can't because my card is too old :xp:
Page: 1 of 1