Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

There are no voices in the game...

Page: 1 of 1
 samurai2020
07-14-2005, 8:13 AM
Well, this game is becoming weird...
Now it works perfectly, but, there is no sound in the speeches of this game, what must be happening?
 jmac7142
07-14-2005, 8:49 AM
Do you have anymore info, like your sound card, because there may be an in-game option to fix your problem that is dependant on your sound card.
 samurai2020
07-14-2005, 9:00 AM
I think that It may be Via ac97...
But some time ago, the voices works perfectly, and now...
 jmac7142
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Try using software sound (in the game's options menu(s)), or disabling EAX sound if you keep hardware sound. You should also check your audio cables, and maybe check your speakers (try hooking up another set, or headphones or something), the speakers may have been "blown out", or one of the cables may have come loose.
 Prime
07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Is it only with this game?
 samurai2020
07-15-2005, 5:10 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Is it only with this game?

Yes, it only happens in this game...
Maybe itґs because of a fixed .exe that Iґm using...
If I donґt use this fix the game doesnґt runs, and appears a message with weird characters...

And using the software thing doesnґt changed the problem...
 stingerhs
07-15-2005, 8:01 AM
okay, now i'm really confused. would you mind posting your hardware specs for us?? pretty please??? ;)
 Prime
07-15-2005, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by samurai2020
weird characters... Weird how?
 samurai2020
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Hmm...
Well, the message is this
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/rotsa_morean/crash.bmp)
And my specs...

WinXP SP2
DirectX 9c
MB PcChips M825
Via Hyperion chipset
Gegorce 440MX 64DDR
384Mb Ram

I think that this will help...
 jmac7142
07-15-2005, 9:16 PM
Well, your system specs don't technically meet the game requirements. By the way, by 'fixed', do you mean patched? Because I can't run my game with the patch either...
 samurai2020
07-16-2005, 5:24 AM
Nope...
Before Iґve patched the game, it wonґt runs...
So Iґve Patched, and it started with that message, so I really fixed the .exe file
Itґs from here...
You can' t post links like this here.

thanks for everyone that helped me!!!
 stingerhs
07-16-2005, 9:14 AM
well, what exactly was your solution?? it would be nice to know so that we can help people with similar problems in the future. ;)
 samurai2020
07-18-2005, 5:40 AM
It isnґt exactly a solution, because I think that for those that have a good version of the game, not as mine, that the disc is all risked, there will be not necessary doing this, because I think that the problem must be only in the .exe file.

Well, after the installation the game doesnґt run. Looks like that the .exe file hadnґt being loaded. It opens and close, without saying anything. So I patched it to the 1.03 version, and them the weird message comes up when I try to load the game. So Iґve installed a fixed .exe to run the game. It worked, but the game runs without any voice or sound effect. So Iґve tryed several things, until I installed a No-CD crack, and for my surprise it works perfectly now...

I hope that this can help anyone with the same problem as I...

And thanks again for those who were helping me!
 stingerhs
07-18-2005, 9:48 AM
well, if you think its an error with your disk, you should try contacting LucasArts for a replacement disk so you won't have to worry about finding a No-CD crack in the future.
 jmac7142
07-18-2005, 7:21 PM
No offense either though, but telling people on a forum that is approved (funded?) by LucasArts that you indirectly violated one of their developer's copyrighted game engine/executable file may not be a good idea...
 samurai2020
07-19-2005, 6:12 AM
I do know that...
If you check my previous post you will see that IпїЅve been all reserved about this, but, you they have asked me, so IпїЅve answered...
And IпїЅm going to tell you, but the services, not from LucasArts, but from who represents it in my country, is very bad...
IпїЅve once contated the Lucas Arts in the Yoda Help Desk, they helped me a lot, until they asked me where I do live for a better support, IпїЅve told them that IпїЅm brazilian so theyпїЅve said to look forward to sending a email for the "xxx", well, they never sent an email back, so, I prefer doing this, but maintaning my original disk, that asks for a new copy from this representant (DonпїЅt ask, I am not going to tell itпїЅs name...)

And again, thanks for helping
Page: 1 of 1