Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Mystery 12 ROTS Figures Revealed

Page: 1 of 2
 Zappa_0
07-14-2005, 6:52 AM
1. Commander Bly from Felucia
2. Neimoidian Warrior with silver armor and force pike
3. White Grievous's Bodyguard
4. Wookiee Warrior (light) with soft goods tunic and grappling hook, detonators and club
5. Commander Gree
6. Passel Argente in yellow robes
7. Shu Mai (looks like the same figure but repainted)
8. Holographic Aayla Secura
9. R4-P17 - Obi-Wan's Red Astromech Droid
10. Wookiee Warrior (dark) with soft goods with Cannon from Yoda #03
11. Special Ops Trooper (501st Legion) - Super Articulated!
12. Holographic Plo Koon

These are ALL repaints of exisitng figures, the Wookiee being a repaint of the Sneak Preview figure.

Pictures coming soon!
 Katarn07
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Who the hell is Shu Mai?:confused:

And where is Commander Cody already!? I didn't want Baraca (who I learned fought with Ki Adi Mundi) or Bly (who I now know fights with Aalya). Gree is cool. He should have a decapitation option though. If he doesn't, I'm taking his head off :p

We don't need more holographic Jedi. Who agrees with me there?
 El Sitherino
07-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I want nakedable Aayla. Modeled by real Amy Allen and sculpted to scale.

But that probably won't happen.
 TK-8252
07-14-2005, 3:16 PM
 El Sitherino
07-14-2005, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Special Ops Trooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/hasbro/IMG_7514.JPG)

501st for the win.
 Katarn07
07-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
501st for the win.

Hell yeah!!! I love the Fighting 501st :cool:

Gree is uber cool, and isn't that Bly Cody? Same outfit and colors? I want Cody to have a removable helmet. He had a differnent hairstyle than Jango so a boil and pop won't do for me....
 Katarn07
07-15-2005, 1:34 AM
I mean the figure they call Bly. Isn't that exactly what Cody wears?
 TK-8252
07-15-2005, 1:35 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I mean the figure they call Bly. Isn't that exactly what Cody wears?

No, Cody looks like this:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/commandercody/img/bts_bg.jpg)
 Katarn07
07-15-2005, 1:42 AM
Oh I see.... I've only seen RotS twice and both times in the first week and a half of it's release so I didn't remember it so vividly. I tried a Google search but no results came up pertaining to SW.

Well, they need to make him too! :p
 Obi-Wan Jones
07-15-2005, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I want nakedable Aayla. Modeled by real Amy Allen and sculpted to scale.

But that probably won't happen.

That's what I'm saying.
 ZBomber
07-15-2005, 9:05 PM
I don't really see a reason to make another bodyguard when they look pretty much exactly the same.
 Katarn07
07-16-2005, 1:16 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I don't really see a reason to make another bodyguard when they look pretty much exactly the same.

Because they're Hasbro. Duh :rolleyes: :p
 Jeff
07-16-2005, 5:33 PM
I don't get the point of making the holographic jedi with lightsabers. What are they gonna do, blind the enemy to death?
 ZBomber
07-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
I don't get the point of making the holographic jedi with lightsabers. What are they gonna do, blind the enemy to death?

If I'm not mistaken, the holographics are exclusive - IE, just fun things, like the Lava-Reflection Vader.
 Katarn07
07-17-2005, 5:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the holographics are exclusive - IE, just fun things, like the Lava-Reflection Vader.

Is that the Target figure? I hate him and see he actually sells for something. I wanna sell it and get more money for minis or something.

And better question, why did the Spirit of Obi-Wan come with a lightsaber? Same response as my last post. It's Hasbro. Duh :rolleyes: :p

Am I being to bitter? I don't think so. These repaints aren't as bad as simple recards, but it's still annoying for them to do that constantly.
 Jeff
07-17-2005, 7:13 PM
What is the Lava-Reflection Vader? I haven't heard of that one..
 ZBomber
07-17-2005, 9:21 PM
The Lava Reflection Vader was a Target Exlusive for the first... so many people (I forgot how many per store) to attend Midnight Madness on April 2 (Our Target didn't open until 6-7 AM though, so at midnight we went to TRU/Wal Mart, slept for a few hours, then went to Target and got our tickets)
 daring dueler
07-23-2005, 5:45 PM
OH MY GOD, i havnt posted in sooo freeking long, for all of the new people here, i used to own these the collecting forum lol, i posted all the time, and went on haitatious, but im back in black....probly not for long.

I beleive that there were upward of 30 lava vaders per store, and yah thats all i got to say here.
 ZBomber
07-23-2005, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
OH MY GOD, i havnt posted in sooo freeking long, for all of the new people here, i used to own these the collecting forum lol, i posted all the time, and went on haitatious, but im back in black....probly not for long.

I beleive that there were upward of 30 lava vaders per store, and yah thats all i got to say here.

I've been here longer than you, in fact I brought you here, so I OWN these boards. :p
 Katarn07
07-23-2005, 9:40 PM
I've been here longer than you, in fact I brought you here, so I OWN these boards. :p

But we're older and have more figures than you so ha! :p

But I designate you to rule these boards when I leave. I don't know why I still come here. I don't really like collecting Hasbro's line much anymore. It's a force of habit to visit LF still. I don't wanna move on with my life and stop visiting this place, ya know? The best part about this place is for me to change my avatar. I stick with a Kyle one at EB, but here it ranges from anything and everything I feel like.
 daring dueler
07-24-2005, 11:05 AM
I said i owned them because in my hay-day i posted more then anyone in the collecting forums, whether all my postes made sense or not does not matter.

I dont have hasbro at the top of my collecting list either sadly, it is too much of a chore now and it just is not as fun. I will still buy basic figures, just 1, but nothing much besides that from hasbro.

Remember the good ol' days... Ooo nostalgia ...I rememebr the fealing i used to get, it kinda ended with POTJ maybe, I suppose that otc made me happy.. But rememebr the fealing back in 98' when your in a store, the smell of carboard and plastic in the air, and there it is, a new potf2 figure...ahhh...thats good stuff.
 Katarn07
07-24-2005, 4:28 PM
During TPM I started to lose my interest. Once they remade Maul, Obi, and Qui with soft goods, I cursed them for doing remakes instead of more podracers. That was the thing that started their current state of repaints, new sculpts of old guys, and recards I think.

Oh yes, I love my OTC collection. I have all of them now. Have since the last toy show where we got Scout Trooper for 6-8 bucks.

And before TRU changed their layout (not sure if they did so over by you guys; they redid them all over here), is when I really loved collecting. It's something to do with my dad. I do stupid stuff with my mom, but she likes it. My dad still likes collecting. I'll still force an interest as long as he has one.
 ZBomber
07-24-2005, 4:52 PM
The first wave of TPM was good for me and Taters. Like around the movie. But then towards the end, it just lost it's touch for awhile, then POTJ came out and I remember we were as excited as ever.

POTJ is one of my favorites because of the avaliablity of the figures.
 daring dueler
07-24-2005, 9:55 PM
The thing is, i havnt lost interest in collecting, ive lost interest in hasbro collecting, but i still want a pretty complete collection so ill stay with the basics.

I still love toys, i still love buying toys from media and auch that i like. I still have fun collecting non-hasbro star wars, but i dunno.

I feel bad for the ypung kids who i see at the stores who are buying figures and proclaim themselevs as collectors, because they will never honestly know the true joy of collecting. Its good to see that kids still get into collecting, but i fear our kind is a dying breed... Ive had a good run.

Yes out TRU's changed te layout.
 ZBomber
07-25-2005, 1:17 AM
I feel back in 97 when they were first released, they wanted to treat the collectors from the original 70s/80s figures. Then of course, we got involved in it, but it was all cool back then, lots of new figures, any figures of the same person atleast LOOKED different. Now, though, its all about money and crappy action poses.

As you said, I'm still collecting. But the prices are up, and figures are hard to find now. I remember when you could go to Wal Mart or TRU anyime and find a new figure.

I really miss that a lot.
 daring dueler
07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
True action features and such are a set-back, but even the awsome figures that are out (clones basically) are not grabbing my interest. I want them, but its still a chore.
 Zappa_0
07-26-2005, 9:20 AM
Yea I hear that. I love SW collecting, especially the lastest line of ROTS. Theres a few bad ones but I feel that the ROTS line was pretty good compared to the AOTC line. I was a late SW collecter and never started until after the re release of the OT when I started collecting POTF2 and went on to POTJ and so on. I think the biggest downfall of the ROTS line is that the stores is just not getting them out. You know they have them in the back storage room. Its just sad the way they are doing that, they are just loosing alot of money from us collectors. I love collecting, ive got almost all my figures out so they can be viewed. I think I might continue to collect through the next OTC line and I will see what hasbro does in the future if I continue to collect figures.
 Katarn07
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Part of me wishes I collected just vintage stuff. Back in '95 that seemed it take a long time and it'd be expensive.... Well, I think it would have taken just as much time and less money personally :p

Oh, bad news for me. My sister left her sink running upstairs. I have no ****ing clue how she was in her room and didn't hear it, but the leak comes into my room. This happened once before, but before, it was just *drip drip drip drip* and all it ruined was a late PotF2 cinema scene (the skiff guards 3 pack which is worth next to nothing). But this time, it was like it was raining in half my room. Tons of cardboard got warped and boy am I pissed. I was heading to bed about 12 or 1 or so, and I had to take another half an hour to move half my collection outta my room to dry off. Fortunately, most of the stuff was plastics. All electronic stuff that got hit still work save my CommTech Chip reader. Hopefully it just need new batteries. My Mexico Convention Luke/ Yoda Dagobah scene got messed up. I had a C8 one. Well, now it's C6. I'm so pissed off about that. The box is what makes it! My mom told me to just open it. I have OTC Luke/ Yoda loose. What's the point? That thing is worth alot and now it's ruined :( Aside from my collection getting hit, half my ceiling is peeled off and it was already halfassed spackled up from last time.
 ZBomber
07-26-2005, 3:30 PM
You should smack your sister.

VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN SOLVES EVERYTHING!
 Katarn07
07-26-2005, 3:44 PM
Err, she's three years older than me. Not talking about my little sister. See? This is the **** I have to deal with having three sisters living in the same house as me:rolleyes: :p
 daring dueler
07-26-2005, 4:55 PM
I see, it wasnt monroe(inside thing)....so violence againt children does not apply.

Hmm i was gonna get that 2 pack, but i didnt feal like dishing out 60$ os so ( i think) for a package change.

I think the real downfall of the ROTS line is not that it isnt being put out, because i know for a fact that stores hate to keep inventory, and usually put it out on top of old figures rather then sending back the old ones. What that does is allow them to put less figures on the pegs, and people grab them. We gotta rememebr and accept that not only collecters buy this stuff...kids do too, which does not bother me. But stores should learn a friggin lesson from the ep1 line and send some figures back to hasbro. Hasbro wont change their ways very much. sure ever once and a while they are your friedn with a line like VOTC or OTC but in the end re-packages, re-paints, and action featues are screwing us over in evry sngle line except the best..POTF2 (which re-appeared in OTC however, 1 potf2 comtech han solo was enough!) and POTJ.
 Zappa_0
07-26-2005, 9:35 PM
You can always save up 60$ and get u another, they have them on amazon.com. Make sure you put it in a water proof box this time. Really sorry to hear what happened.
 Katarn07
07-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
You can always save up 60$ and get u another, they have them on amazon.com. Make sure you put it in a water proof box this time. Really sorry to hear what happened.

Or if my sister had the money to spare (she's struggling with her own countless collections of stuff and paying off car insurance....) she could get me a new one. :rolleyes: I was tempted to say Monroe, but not sure if Z knew about that. I rarely talked to him outside of LF/ EB.

I love that piece. I have the OTC ones loose with Yoda in the backpack. Funny story because when I was a kid, I'd always complain I couldn't get the PotF2 backpack on with Yoda in it. It always came undone. I even tried to display it on Luke after I was done playing with them. The OTC thing was a dream come true for me. Anywho, I wanted Luke doing his handstand too. So the Mexico exclusive was good for that :)
 daring dueler
07-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I had the same exact problem with my potf2 yoda/luke set up...

I doubt z knows about monroe, it was just between us.

That does suck tho, i know what it is like to loose a collectible to water, my room (the basement) flooded once when i had my original muftak/kabe set on the ground, it isnt worth as much, but i love that 2 pack, my boba fett potf2 delux suffered the same fate...still..worth next to nothing, but bobas my guy..
 Katarn07
07-27-2005, 1:09 AM
Speaking of wet Bobas. I moved a ton of stuff, including my 300th Boba and that vintage 4-Pack from '96, to make room for my minis layout thing I showed you? Well, had I not, totalled they would have been! I'm thankful I finally set that up. No more room for my TPM playsets though :(

Ha, this is like it was and how it should be. We're talking and we're WAY off topic :p I see you're online now. I need AIM or something again.
 daring dueler
07-27-2005, 1:39 AM
Lucky, especially since that 96 pack is already in kinda bad condition (if my memeory serves be true)

Yah this is like the good ol' days, off topic, you need aim...ur right.

so yah mytery 12...ahem

vvvvvvvCHECK SIGvvvvvvvvvv
 ZBomber
07-27-2005, 2:05 AM
The sig that I made! :D
 daring dueler
07-27-2005, 2:28 AM
yah its a good sig, its good that another person becoems a seinfeld fan, katarn, lets welcome the newest memebr of the seinfeld fan-hood, Zbomber. He is new yet represents a next generation of fans, much potential.

And just to stay on topic, my optinion, the mystery 12 suck. (but gotta love clones).
 Katarn07
07-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by daring dueler
Lucky, especially since that 96 pack is already in kinda bad condition (if my memeory serves be true)

Yup, that it is. Also, I moved my Sith Lords 2 Pack. It's a Maul/ Vader duo for small figs. It's in PotJ packaging. Not sure where it's from, but it's worth something. It got hit in the last leakage but it's not noticeable.

AWESOME sig. You mean Z wasn't a Sein fan before? Why the hell not? :p

Can I get one of Jerry or something? Please :D
 ZBomber
07-27-2005, 1:02 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
AWESOME sig. You mean Z wasn't a Sein fan before? Why the hell not? :p

Can I get one of Jerry or something? Please :D

I've liked Seinfeld for a long time, I just started getting into it a lot lately, watching it everytime it's on TV.

Sure, I'll make you a Jerry sig. ;)

What quote you want?
"Not That There's ANything Wrong With That!" ?
Or something else? Just try not to have it to long. ;)
 Zappa_0
07-27-2005, 4:06 PM
Yea Z awesome sigs, your very talented man!:D
 Katarn07
07-27-2005, 4:17 PM
Or something else? Just try not to have it to long. ;)

How about, "Oh I like this idea...."? I love that quote. Use it all the time when dealing with idiots :p
 daring dueler
07-27-2005, 5:36 PM
Yah i have the sith lords 2 pack, as far as i now its worth like 40+.

yah z makes all my sigs, although my taste is quite particualr, im not a easy client.

I was not aware you liked seinfeld, you never even mentioned it til like 2 weeks ago... you should have said something sooner.

Yah that quote is a good quote, im still a fan of the "your a cashier!" quote, but its not funny without the "i cant be with someone if i dont respect what they do."

Soo many quotes, Katarn does this remind you of our AIM days lol, the constant quoting.
 ZBomber
07-27-2005, 6:42 PM
 Katarn07
07-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Hell yeah! Hey Z, you are talented at making sigs ;)
 ZBomber
07-28-2005, 10:39 PM
 ZBomber
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
 daring dueler
07-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Yah im very happy with all of my sigs, Incase noone knows
From top to bottom they are:
Ozzy Osbourne
Army of Darkness (evil dead 3)
AC/DC
Jim Morrison of the Doors
Tenacious D (ofcourse!)
The Who
Clerks
And my current seinfeld kramer sig.

Z im gonna want a few more lol, (ill talk to you later), family guy, maybe the matrix, and monty python and the holy grail, indy!.(dont worry i wont make you do blues brothers or predator or saving private ryan)

Oh i got my Boba fett mini today!!! Thanks Katarn!
 Katarn07
07-29-2005, 2:25 AM
Glad to add something to your Boba collection. You need to update your pics. I just of that and maybe your clone wars stuff; I got a Battle Pack which has Obi with the clip on Clone Armor and a new Asajj vs Anakin. That would make your scene even better.

I had a Private Ryan one. A few. They got lost on my old PC. RIP all my sigs (all but my Capt Miller and Sgt Horvath ones sucked :p) What program do you use? Photoshop? I don't wanna download it. I felt bad doing it before.
 daring dueler
07-29-2005, 2:32 AM
What did i miss here, obi with clip on armor, new asajj?? what didnt i see lol?

yah ill have to get pics up.
Page: 1 of 2