Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Legal Things

Page: 1 of 1
 riceplant
07-14-2005, 6:31 AM
I want to start making a SP mod, but before I start, would like to check on a few issues. First, I have heard that it is illegal to switch resources between LucasArts games, to what extent does this apply? I want to use music from JO, and am not sure if that is allowed. Also, I just want to check, I can use all the JA standard resources, right?
 razorace
07-14-2005, 1:12 PM
Semi-officially Raven is on the record that they don't care about you using their source material between their various games. As for LucasArts, they doesn't seem to care about modded works so you pretty much have a pass to do anything Star Wars related for a mod.
 riceplant
07-14-2005, 6:00 PM
What, so I can use models from KotOR if I can find someone to convert them? Or would Bioware mind me ripping off their models?
 razorace
07-14-2005, 8:05 PM
I don't know how Bioware feels about such things, sorry.
 riceplant
07-15-2005, 6:26 AM
I'll have to ask them. It certainly gets confusing with all the rights stuff. I mean, the character Revan belongs to Lucas, right? But the model belongs to Bioware, meaning that I can use the character, but not necessarily the model. Is this correct?
 LightNinja
07-15-2005, 7:01 AM
yes that is
Page: 1 of 1