Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

High Level Force Powers V2.1 released

Page: 2 of 3
 Darth333
11-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the forums clod123 :)

You'll find everything you need to know about mods installation in this sticky thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422) , including a link to winrar which will allow you to open .rar files.
 Kelathinadun
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
If you are planning on updating this again, may I recomend a high level force power? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Skywalker). "In the New Jedi Order novel series, Luke uses a powerful and unique ability of the Force known as "Emerald Lightning" by fans of the series in the final battle against the Yuuzhan Vong. This technique has been described to look like "green sparks," which can instantly kill its victim. No other character can generate such powerful lightning."
Green lightning would make an ultimate force power. Lvl 26+ It would be obviously the light side counterpart to Force Storm.
~Frank
 Dark_Ansem
01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
also Black spear of midnight or something like that could be added, or others...

Force Throw - Causes objects to be hurled towards a target. Darth Vader used this to hit Luke in The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Maul used it in The Phantom Menace in order to hit a switch and open a door while fighting, and Count Dooku used it in Attack of the Clones to drop part of a pillar onto an unconscious Obi-Wan Kenobi and an injured Anakin Skywalker. A skilled force-user can throw multiple large objects simultaneously at great speed, as evidenced by Darth Sidious during his duel with Yoda in the Senate chamber. During the same duel, Jedi Master Yoda himself hurled a spinning delegate seat back at Sidious.

Thought bomb - Perhaps the most destructive Force power ever displayed. Only known to be activated by Lord Kaan and members of the Brotherhood of the Dark during the Battle of Ruusan, the Thought Bomb exterminates all life within a large radius (known to be potentially as large as planets) by targeting the brain or nucleus (with one-celled organisms and such) and wiping out all information in it. Force sensitive beings are sucked towards the source of the bomb, as if by an immense gravity well. Ever since Lord Kaan detonated the Thought Bomb, Ruusan has been left uninhabited. The only people to ever escape a Thought Bomb were Darth Bane and the young girl he took as his apprentice.
 Alkonium
01-26-2006, 11:43 AM
If you are planning on updating this again, may I recomend a high level force power? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Skywalker). "In the New Jedi Order novel series, Luke uses a powerful and unique ability of the Force known as "Emerald Lightning" by fans of the series in the final battle against the Yuuzhan Vong. This technique has been described to look like "green sparks," which can instantly kill its victim. No other character can generate such powerful lightning."
Green lightning would make an ultimate force power. Lvl 26+ It would be obviously the light side counterpart to Force Storm.
~Frank
Or, you could have an LS Lightning power such as Electric Judgement, which I think is gold, more powerful than Force Lightning, and used by Plo Koon and possibly by Luke.
 stoffe
01-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I currently have no plans for a new version of this mod since I have run out of ideas for Force Powers to add. Should I think of a few more, or if someone has reasonable ideas for powers to add, that might change though.

"Emerald Lightning" (snip) No other character can generate such powerful lightning.

If no other character can use it, and Luke isn't in the game and won't even be born for another 4000 years, wouldn't it be somewhat pointless to add that power to the game? :p

Or, you could have an LS Lightning power such as Electric Judgement, which I think is gold, more powerful than Force Lightning, and used by Plo Koon and possibly by Luke.

What happened to the whole "A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never to attack" dogma? Just a personal belief of Yoda and not part of the core Jedi teachings?

Granted, there are some semi-offensive lightside powers in the game already, but what's the point of a lightsider being tempted to use Force Lightning if there's a better lightside version of it anyway with all the benefits and none of the corruption drawbacks? :)

also Black spear of midnight or something like that could be added (snip)

Black Spear of Midnight? I've never heard of it before, sounds like something from a fantasy setting. What would this power do?

Force Throw (snip)

While telekinesis powers are fun and I'd love to have this one, I don't think it is possible to implement in KotOR in a believable way due to the lack of a physics/collision engine and movable world objects. (Throw was tons of fun when playing Dark Forces II:Jedi Knight ages ago though... :) )

Thought bomb (snip)

A Force Power that instantly kills everyone in the whole area while pulling their corpses towards the caster? Sounds like overkill even by my standards. :)
 Dark_Ansem
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
oh well and at least a removal of the "energy bomb" in the player's hand when they perform Force Crush, Pain/Choke/Kill, Force grip(?)?

also, as you look very able and skilled, can you make the Shock/Force Lighting/Force Storm look more like in the movies?

I'm talking about this... see the orb on the elbow? I would like, in your next update, to see it removed from FCrush, Pain, Choke, Kill and Force Grip (if you used it of course)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/11028/screenshots/b1.jpg)

Black spear of midnight here
http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Spear_of_midnight_black)
sorry I misspelled the name

also there are 2 more things you should do (IMO): firstly, make the user of a DS force power be drawes of 1,2,3 points (depends on the level of the technique) towards the Dark side, it reflects the idea that it consumes you. Secondly, you should make Force Lightning a bit more similar to what stated here http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Force_lightning)
extreme agony.. hmm could you possibly add a temporary penalty to the stats of who is struck by force lightning? like -X points to all stats but CHA and WIS
 stoffe
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
oh well and at least a removal of the "energy bomb" in the player's hand when they perform Force Crush, Pain/Choke/Kill, Force grip(?)?

While a fairly minor modification to spells.2da should take care of the visual "cast" effect (set the casthandvisual column to **** for the rows of those powers), it falls a bit outside the scope of this Mod. The HLFP-mod doesn't modify any of the existing force powers, it just adds new ones.

Black spear of midnight here
http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Spear_of_midnight_black)
sorry I misspelled the name

There aren't any "throwing" weapons in the game except grenades (or rockets I suppose), and I'm not good enough at modelling to make a new visual effect for a spear from scratch. The best I could do with what's available would probably be a "Black Rocket of Midnight". :p

also there are 2 more things you should do (IMO): firstly, make the user of a DS force power be drawes of 1,2,3 points (depends on the level of the technique) towards the Dark side, it reflects the idea that it consumes you.

I prefer the "Kyle Katarn" style of thinking, that force abilities are tools, and that it is what you do with them that's potentially good or evil, not the tool itself. "Intent" is a key word here.

While you may draw power for the dark or light, and may have a greater affinity for one side due to your own alignment or mindset, I don't think merely using a power at your disposal, regardless of the circumstance, makes you any more good or evil either way.

I don't think it would make you any more inherently evil to fry someone with lightning than it would to lop someones appendages off with a lightsaber or burn someone to death with a blaster, for example.

Hypothetical(1): You are out for a walk, unarmed, and come across a gang of muggers attempting to rob an innocent civilian. You force choke the muggers for a while to incapaciate them (not enough to kill them), allowing their victim and yourself to escape unharmed. Have you just done an evil act?

Hypothetical(2): You are out for a walk, carrying your lightsaber, and come across a gang of muggers attempting to rob an innocent civilian. You draw your saber and attempt to intervene, but the muggers are foolishly thinking they can take you with strength of numbers numbers and attack, forcing you to cut them down with your saber, still saving their victim in the end. Have you just done an evil act?

:)

I think the game's alignment system is broken at any rate. If Palpatine was playing KotOR1 or TSL he would probably end up grey/neutral with perhaps a slight tilt towards the dark. To be a Darksider in the KotOR games you either need to be pointlessly rude and cruel to everyone, a petty thug or an insane murderous psychopath.

Secondly, you should make Force Lightning a bit more similar to what stated here http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Force_lightning)
extreme agony.. hmm could you possibly add a temporary penalty to the stats of who is struck by force lightning? like -X points to all stats but CHA and WIS

The Chain Lightning power already does this, pretty much, temporarily inflicting slow and ability penalties to the victim and throwing them back. Only difference is that it hits more than one enemy if more are nearby. Though Lightning is never used against more than one opponent simultaneously in the movies so I don't know how it would work against multiple foes. :)
 foolproof
02-07-2006, 8:20 PM
stoffe, I completely agree with your "Kyle Katarn" style of thinking, as well as with your opinion of both Kotor and TSL's alignment system/force power relations. I guess the developers of both games should have given this part of the games more thought, for smoother gameplay. Also, I think I am speaking for everyone here at the forums by saying a BIG Thank You! for a great mod and for making Kotor/TSL better and better.

P.S. Also a very big Thank You to all the other modders for your dedicated support and for making Kotor/TSL awsome (instead of just good or mediocre). Well thats my two cent, keep up the good work guys.
 Sapphi
02-19-2006, 8:55 AM
Just registered for one question! :D

I noticed I can see all the force powers in my force power window once I gained a level... with the exception of all those that require a class like marauder etc. Did I mess it up with another addon/conversion or does it work the way it should? Thanks in advance :)
 stoffe
02-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I noticed I can see all the force powers in my force power window once I gained a level... with the exception of all those that require a class like marauder etc. Did I mess it up with another addon/conversion or does it work the way it should?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Where do you see all force powers? What do you have problems with?
 Sapphi
02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I was somewhat in a hurry and my english suffered from it... more clearly:

When I level up (around lvl 14 right now) I can see all the force powers available EXCEPT those that require a prestige class chosen (Force Destruction for example). As I am not yet high enough to choose a prestige class I wonder if having chosen a prestige class is a requirement to see the force powers which are only available to characters with a prestige class.
 stoffe
02-19-2006, 1:15 PM
When I level up (around lvl 14 right now) I can see all the force powers available EXCEPT those that require a prestige class chosen (Force Destruction for example). As I am not yet high enough to choose a prestige class I wonder if having chosen a prestige class is a requirement to see the force powers which are only available to characters with a prestige class.

I think so, at least that's how it was meant to work. :) Though as I always tend to play as a Sentinel/Jedi Master I don't have much experience how it looks from another point of view.

The only power that should be available to pick before reaching character level 20 should be Force Pull. The rest should be dimmed/red and unpickable at levelup until then.
 Sapphi
02-19-2006, 1:23 PM
Picked Consular and no prestige class yet... all powers are dimmed out except Force Pull, yes. But other than that only the non-prestige class ones are visible (yet dimmed).
 Caleb16
04-05-2006, 1:16 AM
Hi Stoffe. Let me start by saying I have both KOTOR and KOTOR II on Xbox and have beaten them without cheats/mods and now I just bought KOTOR II for PC so that I can increase the replayability of this game through mods. I also think this is an awesome mod but I do have a problem...

I downloaded 2.0 and then 2.1 and installed them both. Every power from the new power list appears except Spirit Exodus (I checked over them several times). I am useing another mod which summons 3 floating lightsabers. ( http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144073) ) Seeing as these both summon pets I was not sure if this was the reason Spirit Exodus did not show up. I would really love to have this power Pls help!!

-THx
Darth Caleb
 stoffe
04-17-2006, 4:40 PM
Every power from the new power list appears except Spirit Exodus (I checked over them several times). I am useing another mod which summons 3 floating lightsabers. ( http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144073) ) Seeing as these both summon pets I was not sure if this was the reason Spirit Exodus did not show up.

Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed the post when I was browsing the forums for new posts.

Anyway, I don't think there should be any incompatibility if you installed this Mod after the Floating Sabers one (or if that one use a similar installer, I don't remember).

Does your character fulfill the prerequisites for the power? You must be either a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord, and level 30 or higher. Rather draconian requirements, but it's a pretty powerful ability since it gives you another you as a meatshield who has the same offensive capabilities and equipment as your character. (You can always change the requirements yourself if you don't agree with my balancing.)
 stoffe
04-17-2006, 4:49 PM
I finally finished doing the installer I was planning that will automatically install the Tweaked Combat AI I did and adapt it to use High Level Force Powers to make it more like a Mod.

It will, among many other minor and major changes, make your party members (or any other NPC for that matter) use any of the powers from the High Level Force Powers mod, that they know, in combat. It will also give the major force using potential opponents (The Sith Lords, Atris, the Jedi Masters) a set of High Level powers they may use in combat (unless you kill them too quickly). :)

As far as I can tell the installation works as intended, but like with anything I do use it at your own risk as there are probably bugs and things I've overlooked. It can be downloaded from here (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/modified_ai_hlfp.rar) for now.

If I remember correctly nothing major has changed in the AI itself compared to the tweak I posted earlier in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1867808&postcount=85), it's just been packaged so the scripts automatically get compiled with the correct Spells data for the HLFP mod, saving you the need to manually have to recompile the scripts.

(At least so long as you aren't already using a mod that modifies the k_ai_master.ncs script. Then you'll still have to manually merge them, or choose what mod you like the most.)
 DarthMaul v.1/2
04-24-2006, 4:19 AM
Hey stoffe!

What can I say? This will be going to the ol' override file just as soon as I stop typing...
 Reclaimer
04-24-2006, 7:47 AM
Nice mod, I forgot I had this in my Override, since it's been so long.
 Darth Manus
04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Haven't tried the latest version yet, because I was too busy trying to handle problems with another mod, but I did try the second one, and I loved it. Combined with another mod that increases the number of Force powers gained at level up, I turned my most recent characters into walking arsenals. Loved them all, especially Force Strike. Grip, Incinerate and Freeze were some of the powers I used just for the heck of it, and along with Hurricane, they humiliated a lot of Sith. Drain Life Force is also an interesting choice. When I was feeling evil, I finished off some enemies by using it until their maximum hp dropped to lethal levels. Even my Guardian/Weapon Master character had a truckload of Force Points near the end of the game, so it's Chain Lightning away!
 djacuan
05-08-2006, 6:40 PM
hey, im trying to install and use Stoffe's High level force powers v2.0 (and v2.1) mods, but the installer wont install. it gives me an error saying "cannot create file "E:\programs\kotor2\dialog.tlk.
it does this on the first step of installation, when it is attempting to "append strings to TLK file."

anybody have any ideas?

thanks
~djacuan~
 Q
05-27-2006, 4:53 AM
I have a lot of favorite mods for both 1&2, but this one gets top honors. I LOVE IT!!! Goes great with Beancounter's Hardcore, Achilles' Game Balance, Prime's Dark Jedi Conversion, and Shem's Sith Assassins with Lightsabers. With the HCM cranked, this mod is the difference between
life and death. Thank you, Stoffe!

The easy install is a real bonus.
 stoffe
05-27-2006, 6:40 AM
hey, im trying to install and use Stoffe's High level force powers v2.0 (and v2.1) mods, but the installer wont install. it gives me an error saying "cannot create file "E:\programs\kotor2\dialog.tlk.
it does this on the first step of installation, when it is attempting to "append strings to TLK file."

Sorry about the late reply, must have missed your post earlier when it was posted. Anyway, make sure the dialog.tlk file located in your game folder isn't write protected. Also make sure you have no other application (the game itself or some modding utility) open that accesses this file.

Also, if you aren't using an account with Administrator privilegies on your computer, make sure you have the permissions set to allow you to modify files in the KotOR2 game folder and subfolders.
 darth_jigonshi
05-27-2006, 1:03 PM
hey stoffe every time i try using your program to install a mod it says, • Error: Error! Invalid game folder specified! (GEN-6), do you know why?

Edit: never mind i fixed the problem
 crazyltcadet
07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
ok so i downloaded this but i get a .rar file....wats that suppose to do?
 General Kenobi
07-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Stoffe utilized a newer form of .zip file called .rar ;) It compresses better than normal zip.

Just do a google for WinRar and it's afree zip program much like WinZip and will open your new rar file toot sweet ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

:ben:
General Kenobi

EDIT: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :waive1:

hey stoffe every time i try using your program to install a mod it says, • Error: Error! Invalid game folder specified! (GEN-6), do you know why?

Edit: never mind i fixed the problem

Stoffe states you must point to a specific folder if Remember correctlyand if you don't that's the error you'd get for the wrong one. ;)

If I'm wrong Stoffe or someone will correct me but I believe that's it.

Hope that helps a bit,

:ben:
General Kenobi
 ..DarthRevan..
08-01-2006, 7:27 PM
I need help, when ever i download some mods i get a little head of malak instead of the mod opener. when i try to open the mod head thing of malak it says please insert knights 1 disc but the mod is for knight's 2. If anyone can give me any help that would be great because i want to try this mod and others too.
Thanks
 william102192
08-02-2006, 12:11 AM
when i tried to download it from here it didnt even download as a zip file. and if i try to open it it will make me either select the program from the internet or a file. i hope this makes sense. i need your help
 stoffe
08-02-2006, 6:24 AM
I need help, when ever i download some mods i get a little head of malak instead of the mod opener. when i try to open the mod head thing of malak it says please insert knights 1 disc but the mod is for knight's 2.

The only thing I can think of that would make what you describe happen would be if you have tried to associate .RAR files with KotOR1. That way the Windows Explorer would try to open the files with the swkotor1.exe whenever you double-click on them. You should remove the .rar file extension association from KotOR. :)

RAR is an archive/compression format, similar but superior to ZIP, and not a game file. You'll need either WinRAR (http://www.rarlabs.com/) (shareware) or 7zip (http://www.7zip.org) (freeware) or some other application capable of opening and extracting content from RAR archives.

when i tried to download it from here it didnt even download as a zip file. and if i try to open it it will make me either select the program from the internet or a file.

See above. :) The files are curently RAR-compressed, not zipped, to keep down the file size.
 william102192
08-02-2006, 12:10 PM
when i open the rar file it asks if i want to search the internet for the files or if i want to select the file from a list in my hard drive what should i do

Edit: ok thanks so much i got WinRar and it went through thanks so much again
 Web Rider
08-04-2006, 3:58 PM
I've been using PC Game Mods for a while to get good Kotor stuff and I thought I'd point out that(if it hasnt already been mentioned, I just noticed it doing some reinstalling) that PCgamemods is giving out a myslq error or something, in short it dosent work, so you may want to put your updates somewhere else...accessable.

great stuff though.
 Darth333
08-04-2006, 4:01 PM
The mod is available at starwarsknights.com: http://www.starwarsknights.com/kotor2mods.php) and on several other sites as well :)

enjoy!
 Web Rider
08-04-2006, 4:04 PM
ah! thanks for pointing it out.

too many good mods I've known(for many games) were kept only on one server..and then it poofed.
 Zagadka
08-17-2006, 3:22 AM
stoffe, I'm going to move some of my ideas from the requests thread to this one.

I feel that it is "too easy" to pick up every power (ie, everything being first tier). I think what I'm talking about is best exemplified by the Force Lightning line.

First, you get the lightning, then improved, then Force Storm... I think that Force Storm should then become a pre-req for Chain Lightning (damages 5 enemies, say), then improved chain lightning (5 enemies + knockdown), then master chain lightning (more enemies, more damage, etc).

This would cause a player to have to choose lines of specialization when it comes to building up their force powers; they may be really good at one or two things, or mediocre yet flexible. By the end of my games, I feel like I'm just picking force powers for the sake of it... I had a few that fit my play style on that char, then I'd be able to invest in Huricaine for no real reason, but still be a master at using it. Doesn't make sense.

To supplement this, I think you could add feats that focus Force abilities like they do weapons... like a feat, Improved Force Lightning or Lightning Specialization, adding slightly to the damage or DC.
 stoffe
08-17-2006, 7:38 AM
I feel that it is "too easy" to pick up every power (ie, everything being first tier).
(...snip...)
This would cause a player to have to choose lines of specialization when it comes to building up their force powers; they may be really good at one or two things, or mediocre yet flexible. By the end of my games, I feel like I'm just picking force powers for the sake of it...

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I can see what you mean and overall I agree. Even though it would increase the number of powers added by the mod significantly most of the implementation of it wouldn't be that much work, since you'd only need some variations of the same theme for how the powers work.

There is one serious obstacle to implementing it this way though.... the force power icons. I've barely managed to scrape together icons for the 21 powers that are currently there. To make 42 new (or variations of existing ones) icons would definitely be the hardest part of this mod. I'm not a graphics designer, and my imagination is rather poor in that area. :)

This is what currently deters me from adding many more powers and releasing a new version of this mod. If someone else would do the icons the rest of your idea wouldn't be too time consuming to implement, but I don't see that happening unfortunately.

To supplement this, I think you could add feats that focus Force abilities like they do weapons... like a feat, Improved Force Lightning or Lightning Specialization, adding slightly to the damage or DC.

Hm, that's a good idea that I didn't think of before. Feats usually don't do much for force powers at all currently (aside from the Consular-specific Focus feats). Though I'd probably prefer it in a more general way than individual power-specific feats. More something like...

Force specialization: Damage
Improves duration/damage/save DC of raw damage-dealing powers like Chain Lightning, Freeze, Incinerate etc.

Force specialization: Telekinesis
Improves damage/duration/save DC of telekinetic powers like Pull, Grip, Hurricane etc.

Force specialization: Meditation
Improves bonuses/duration of boosting powers like Immortality, Omniscience, Energize etc...

Force specialization: Debilitation
Improves duration/save DC of powers like sleep, blindness, hold etc.

Force specialization: Metamorphosis
Improves duration/penalties of powers like Spirit Exodus, Weaken, Leech Life Force, Contagion etc...

...which would affect categories of powers instead. The above is just what came to my mind at the moment, there may be better names or ways to categorize it. :)
 Zagadka
08-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Yea. I was picturing Vader vs. Luke in the KotOR engine... Vader would definitely have Specialization: Telekinesis, given his penchant to choke and throw things at people. ;-)

Well, I'd be willing to help out however I can. I'll look into some icons for the "middle of the road" powers... I hope we (well, you) can figure something out... those "epic" levels really needed more attention in development. Like I say from my experience in MMOs - there should always be things that no one can reach or attain.

Edit: Ah, I've thought of the laziest possible way to achieve creating additional icons for the powers - do what Obsidian did with Precise Shot etc - simply put "pips" representing which rank you're at. Could also be done with letters, numbers, brightness, or colors.
 Darth_Havok
08-17-2006, 1:23 PM
Hello Stoffe, Lately i have been working on modding my xbox and i noticed that KotOR II you could mod and use PC mods on your xbox, by making an override folder inside the KotOR II directory, So i tried the Ultimate saber mod and that works great, so I was wondering if your mod works on the xbox or not, the mod looks great so i was just wondering if there was a way to get it on my xbox.
-Thanks
 stoffe
08-17-2006, 2:20 PM
Ah, I've thought of the laziest possible way to achieve creating additional icons for the powers - do what Obsidian did with Precise Shot etc - simply put "pips" representing which rank you're at. Could also be done with letters, numbers, brightness, or colors.

Aha, that might just work when just adding 2 variants of the same power. Good idea. I'll have a look at it and get to work on a new version of the Mod when I have the time. :)

Lately i have been working on modding my xbox and i noticed that KotOR II you could mod and use PC mods on your xbox, by making an override folder inside the KotOR II directory, So i tried the Ultimate saber mod and that works great, so I was wondering if your mod works on the xbox or not, the mod looks great so i was just wondering if there was a way to get it on my xbox.

I don't have an X-box so I am not familiar with that is needed to make mods work on them. If the file format is the same and you can move files between the X-box and your PC it should work if you copy the dialog.tlk file from your X-box to your PC, put it in a folder of its own and then select that folder as the "Game folder" when the mod installer is asking for installation destination.

If you already have modded copies of any of the files spells.2da, effecticon.2da, forceshields.2da, visualeffects.2da or poison.2da in your X-box override folder, copy those to the PC as well, create a folder named override in the same folder you placed the dialog.tlk file, and put the 2DA file(s) inside it.

Then copy back the modified dialog.tlk file, along with the content of the override folder next to it, to your X-box.
 Darth_Havok
08-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello again, All the files are the same and i apllied the mod withno problem but, Im not to sure if the mod worked or not though, Are the powers available through the the level up screen or do they come automatically like the lightsaber forms and force crush did?, Becasue they arent showing up in the level up screen. -Thanks
 ChAiNz.2da
08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Are the powers available through the the level up screen or do they come automatically like the lightsaber forms and force crush did?, Becasue they arent showing up in the level up screen. -Thanks
What level are you?

These are reserved for higher levelled Jedi/Sith... you won't/shouldn't be seeing them until you are around 20th level..
 stoffe
08-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Most of the power should show up on the screen, but dimmed down with a red border until you fulfill the level requirements. Only the powers with class restrictions (a few powers are unique to Consulars, Jedi Masters and Sith Lords) should be missing entirely from the power selection screen at levelup if the leveling character doesn't have that class.

If no new powers show up at all then the mod is either not properly installed, or has been overwritten by another mod that replaces the spells.2da file in the override folder, installed after the force powers mod.

Did you extract all files from the RAR archive somewhere (not into the override folder) and then run the installer application that came with the mod? Have you installed any other mods afterwards?

If this is for the X-box (as posted about above), did you move all the files from the "fake" override folder on the PC to the override folder (if it uses one) on the X-box?
 Darth_Havok
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Alright! Thanks a million you guys I got it working, The mod is awesome, thank you for the help and the mod.
 forceuser86
10-28-2006, 7:02 AM
Hello, I'm a newbie to the modding forum. I've just finish the game with HLFP mod installed. It was great! Though I find one force power particularly too powerful: Force grip. It can't be resisted! And it offer no initial save altogether! So if a Sith Lord used it on me then I'm toasted...(Of course they didn't) Might I suggest that you tone down this power in particular in future update? Maybe make it so that it can be resisted by Force Resistance or Force Immunity? Anyway, that was just one of my suggestion... I'll apologise if that will cause any inconvenience to you...

P.S: Of course I enjoyed watching three Sith Commandos struggle to their death
when I used Force Grip on them.
 stoffe
10-28-2006, 8:16 AM
Force grip. It can't be resisted! And it offer no initial save altogether! So if a Sith Lord used it on me then I'm toasted...(Of course they didn't) Might I suggest that you tone down this power in particular in future update?

While it is initially irresistible it will allow the victim to make a fortitude save every 3 seconds to attempt to break free of the grip. Thus it's only irresistible on enemies with really poor saving throws, or if you have your wisdom/charisma pumped up to such ridiculous levels that the save DC is too high for enemies to save against.

"Boss" type opponents should have high enough saving throws to break out of the grip in just a one or a few attempts (unless you get lucky) unless your character is the ultimate force user munchkin. :)

It was made this way to reflect that common grunts like troopers should have little chance of breaking out of a force grup, while more "important" characters should have a better chance.

But, perhaps force immunity should work against it. If not block it entirely it could at least give a massive saving throw bonus, or a 50% chance to block it fully, to prevent the power from becoming too weak compared to others like Force Crush (or a double-casted Force Kill if you have have unbeatable save DCs).

Overall though I think all of the High Level Force Powers are too powerful if you spam cast them repeatedly. This is just a reflection of my own play style. I don't spam force powers. :) If I ever get around to finishing version 3 (it's about 33% done) I'll probably implement a "cooldown time" for the HL powers so you can't spam them. Maybe. Or make you only able to maintain a power once at a time (i.e. while someone is gripped you can't use grip again until they die or break free). Balancing is tricky. :)

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you liked the mod. :)
 Lokan Tan
11-09-2006, 9:24 PM
Hiya all!

Well I'm just installing mods to TSL for the first time. I got the USM installed and thats my only other mod installed. But i got a problem installing the Force Powers mod.

Here's the prob (sorry if its a really dumb question, i'm new to this :-p ):
I extract the Rar file to a location on my HD and then run the exe file. Part way through it comes up with a box saying, "select your Spells.2da file". The problem is I don't have a spells.2da on my HD, i did a search of the whole thing! So I hit cancel and it says it couldn't open spells.2da and ends the installation there.

Any help would be great, I really really wanna try this mod! Hope to hear from you soon.

Lokan

edit: just to clear things up a little, I'm trying to install v2. I have the v2.1 aswell but if I understand correctly i install that after v2. thanks, Lokan
 stoffe
11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Here's the prob (sorry if its a really dumb question, i'm new to this :-p ):
I extract the Rar file to a location on my HD and then run the exe file. Part way through it comes up with a box saying, "select your Spells.2da file". The problem is I don't have a spells.2da on my HD, i did a search of the whole thing! So I hit cancel and it says it couldn't open spells.2da and ends the installation there.

That's strange, where did you download the mod from? It should come with a spells.2da file of its own that it will use automatically if none exists in your override folder already. Very odd if it does not.

Did you preserve the folder structure when you unpacked the mod? There should be an Install executable file, and in the same folder there should be a subfolder named "tslpatchdata" that contains the data files the Installer exe needs to do its work. If this is correct look in the tslpatchdata folder and see if there is a file named spells.2da inside it.

Do you get any other errors during the installation process?
 Lokan Tan
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Ahh, maybe it was a corrupt download, i did have a quick look through the files included in the rar file and i'm sure it wasn't in there. I'm pretty sure i got the file from knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com.

Hmm, odd indeed, I will redownload the file and see if there was something wrong with my download.

As for any other errors during the installation of the mod, none so far, though it does stop at the spells.2da bit, so there could be a problem after that. According to the installation log, everything up to that point goes fine.

I'll get back to you, also im going to reinstall TSL and patch it up with the official patches again before i try this install just to make sure there wasn't a problem there.

Thanks for the quick response btw :-D

Edit: I redownloaded the file and this time it included the spells.2da and the mod installed without a hitch.

It turns out the other Rar file was corrupted. I should probably have realised that as it says unexpected end of archive when i opened the Rar file, duh. Hehe, but i dont use WinRar that much so i didn't really know it was a problem!

Lokan
 Drysh
11-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I've made a few changes to your mod to prevent the player from picking a powerful force power, without taking the lower ones. I added some extra requirenments to these powers:

In spells.2da
Row Label Prerequisites
282 ST_FORCE_POWER_STRIKE ****
283 ST_FORCE_POWER_WEAKEN 38
284 ST_FORCE_POWER_CHAINLIGHTNING 25
285 ST_FORCE_POWER_SAPWILL 44
286 ST_FORCE_POWER_HOLD 27
287 ST_FORCE_POWER_FREEZE 282
288 ST_FORCE_POWER_OMNI 140
289 ST_FORCE_POWER_GRIP 27_32
290 ST_FORCE_POWER_PROTECT 137
291 ST_FORCE_POWER_REGEN 134
292 ST_FORCE_POWER_INFERNO 282
293 ST_FORCE_POWER_DESTRUCTION 282
294 ST_FORCE_POWER_HURRICANE 26
295 ST_FORCE_POWER_BOMBARD 287
296 ST_FORCE_POWER_CONTAGION 38
297 ST_FORCE_POWER_STATICFIELD 13
298 ST_FORCE_POWER_ENERGIZE 36
299 ST_FORCE_LEECH_LIFE_FORCE 11
300 ST_FORCE_POWER_PULL ****
301 ST_FORCE_POWER_SPIRITEXODUS 152
302 ST_FORCE_POWER_DECEPTION 156
303 ST_FORCE_POWER_BLINDNESS 181

I don't like the idea of using 282 as prerequisites for 287, 292 and 293, but we don't have a low level power similar to them. This is a suggestion, use it at will.

I also renamed a few of them:
Force Tempest -- chain lightning
Decay -- Weaken
Immortality -- Force Regenerartion

BTW: Great mod!!!

Cheers.
 already in use!
12-11-2006, 5:35 PM
Hey stoffe just registered to say how much i love your mods, probably the best there is for TSL, I use every single one!
I also registered to add some of my suggestions but most of them have already been mentioned above! I usually just roleplay that stuff but it would be nice to have it built in.
Since my ideas have already been mentioned i thought i better come up with some new force powers maybe. How bout a souped up version of force wave (not sure if thats what its called).. I mean absolutely huge version of it like a tsunami of force power! and my other idea was an even better version of the speed power that last longer maybe even make it toggleable (that spelling doesnt look right) if that is possible so you can turn it off while your runinng around so you dont get motion sickness from all that blur lol
k well i hope you continue your mods, love your ai mod altho i wish it had more support for this mod
 Kildars
02-06-2007, 9:38 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum...
I try to install this mod but get the RichEdit insertion error messege, so I go to the change.ini and try adding the "PlaintextLog=1" line, but it does nothing!
Could someone help me solve this problem? How can I get this mod installed?
 Wildboar
02-16-2007, 11:50 PM
In addition to the 20 High Level powers, the mod also contains one low-level bonus power:

Force Pull
Universal Power
Base FP Cost: 20
Prerequisites: Level 3 Force User

Those attuned to the Force can use it to telekinetically manipulate their surroundings. This particular power allow a Force User to violently pull an opponent towards them, often knocking them briefly off their feet in the process. The force of the pull will inflict crushing/falling damage equal to the level of the force user.

this power needs to be more resist-able... it really seems over powered at lower levels. it doesn't seem to fail, so in some cases it really turns into an i win. also there is no associated agro generated if you pull someone out of a crowd. an example being at telios surface the mercs were easly pulled one at a time and none of the others noticed that the guy right next to them was yanked away... at >20 level maybe this could be the case, with an improved version... but, honestly i think it should be even at that level, at best a 50% chance that it doesn't have the rest of the crowd come at you.

also...

from my post here http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2269642&postcount=18)

i am concerned that this mod has issues if you enter the enclave. (yes, i did have another moders mod installed... but...) the issues i am starting to see are concerning and seem to point at HLFP and not the Veridan mod.

anyway, thought you might want to know about this.
Page: 2 of 3