Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bug with Mira, unable to train her

Page: 1 of 1
 MonCalamaerosta
07-11-2005, 9:05 PM
Sorry if this has already been adressed, I just spent about an hour poring over the obsidian forums and didn't feel like doing it again here. Anyways.

I have a lot of influence with Mira, and so I tell her that I can teach her to listen to Nar Shaada like Kreia showed me, and so we go to the place, and one of two things happens every time.
(1) The dialogue starts, and she becomes a jedi and I level her up. (About 10 times, since i only levelled her up once since I got her in the Jekk Jekk Tar.) Once I'm done levelling her up and re-equipping her and exit the menu, there are two Miras standing there, the level 7 scout and the level 18 jedi. Furthermore, if I go to the party screen and switch her out, both versions stay on top of the two new party members, and all party members will start to multiply in a like manner.
(2) This happened after I gave up and went to a few other planets and came back. I go to Nar Shaada, and when i walk past the spot where the dialogue should start, it flashes for only an instant, and then ends, and will do so every time I walk past the spot.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated, as I have never trained her on previous files and would like to do it this time.
 jmac7142
07-12-2005, 9:11 AM
void main()
{
object oMira = GetObjectByTag("Mira");

AddMultiClass(CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINAL, oMira);

// Destroy the old Mira
if (!GetClassByPosition(2, oMira))
{
DestroyObject(oMira);
}
else
{
return;
}
// *edit* I thought you said "Visas" instead of "Mira":rolleyes:

// Now set the trained global to 1, if it's a boolean, else set it to a number, so check the global boolean/numeric in KSE (it should be a boolean though)

SetGlobalBoolean("/*Boolean name here*/", TRUE);
/*
// Or if it's a numeric uncomment this section by deleting the "/*" and "*/" and delete the previous line (the boolean one)
SetGlobalNumber("/*Numeric name here", /*the number it should be...*/);
*/

}

Now edit the Mira dialog to trigger that script (which should work), and it will destroy the "old" Mira, destroy Visas, and set Mira to have a Jedi Sentinal class. Just remember to uncomment the script where necessary (delete the "/*" and "*/" 's), and compile it. :)
 MonCalamaerosta
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I forgot to mention I play on XBOX, but I appreciate it. I think I may just get it for PC because of these types of things and so that I can get some mods. Thanks anyways though.
 RevanA4
07-16-2005, 2:21 PM
you can only train her on narshadaa
 jmac7142
07-20-2005, 10:08 PM
you can only train her on narshadaa

He/she said that 's where the glitch happened...
 RevanA4
07-21-2005, 6:43 AM
um wow that has never occured for me um try cleaning your disk if that doesn't work get a dvd cleaner kit and use it and cover your ears it makes a realling annoying sound untill it is done and if that still happens your disk is more than likely warped some where or it has a scratch on it somewhere and if there is none of the above try a different disk:)
 Master_Vrook
07-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Something like that happened to me today, eventually it allowed me to train her, but then when I boarded the Ebon Hawk, it kept acting like it never happened; very frustrating.
Page: 1 of 1