Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR framerate drop on

Page: 1 of 1
 robertlee89
07-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey,
I am having major problems with my computer and KOTOR on Dantooine.

First, I'll give you my computer specs.

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
RAM: 1024mb
Video: Radeon 9800 XT (Omega 2.6.42 driver) 256mb
Audio: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Anyway, this setup should be fine for this game. I was running the game with the following settings.

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 70Hz
Shadows: On
Grass: On
Texture Quality: Medium
Anti-Aliasing: 2 Sample AA
Anisotropic Texture Filtering: 2x
Frame Buffer Effects: On
Soft Shadows: On
V-Sync: On

These settings worked fined on Taris. After arriving on Dantooine and going outside, things were still fine. Once I ventured out into the fields, things really started to get choppy. I could see the individual frames, my guys would get stuck, and sometimes when I ran it would get really worse and I would be teleported across the map. I lowered the settings to the minimum but it still had the same choppiness. Do you guys know what the problem is? My computer should be able to handle this game, even in large fields. I even downloaded the new ATI driver, and then the Omega driver to see if that would make a difference. I also have downloaded and installed the patch twice. Please help.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
 Soogz
07-10-2005, 11:36 AM
try resetting everything do the reccomended settings or go for the lower settings not any of the high quality stuff, then when y ou finish dantooine reset everything to how you originally had it, the same thing happened to me and I did these things and it worked fine, also try clearing up some space on your hard drive I also did that as well. :)
 stingerhs
07-10-2005, 5:00 PM
actually, an easier fix would be step two in the "TSL: ATI Driver Issues" sticky at the top of the forums. and this solution works for both nVidia and ATI cards. ;)
 jmac7142
07-12-2005, 9:39 AM
This may seem odd, but I had the same problem (GeForce 6800GT SLI), and turning up the resolution made it stop... no idea why.
Page: 1 of 1