Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What should I be calling the John Howard Specials?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Adventurer
05-26-2005, 7:01 PM
I'm currently working on DVD covers to lable all my Nightlight MP3s for organizational purposses.

What should I be calling the John Howard plays? The Adventures of John Howard? "John Howard: Australian Prime Minister"? or just "John Howard Radio Plays"?

Does it have an offical series title?

PS: I thought you once said you had a number of compleate John Howard plays that took place after "Christmas Carol"? Are we ever going to see them on the Net? You could use them for Filler when the ongoing plays get delayed!
 MJ
05-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi Adventurer.

I view each John Howard special as a seperate one, as far as the half hour specials go. The only title I could apply to them all is 'The Howard Saga'

There are a number of them, yes, six in total to be exact. But the entire saga isn't complete.

1 - The Howard Christmas Carol (previously has been on Nightlight)
2 - Howard's From Space (completed, but yet to be on Nightlight)
3 - The Prime Minister's New Groove (script completed, is going to be recorded on Monday)
4 - No One Rules Forever (has previously been on Nightlight)
5 - Tax Another Day (is currently on Nightlight)
6 - Queer Eye for the Straight Prime (currently being scripted, will be recorded on Monday. Title might change)

The Saga is a little all over the place (Prime Minister's New Groove is going to be recorded for the FOURTH time), but I am looking forward to seeing it all completed. Howard's From Space, although complete, I'm not entirely happy with the producing effort I've done. So I'll have to see with that one.

The first three pretty much stand alone. The last three all follow on from each other to some degree or another.

The next multi-part saga for Nightlight will most likely be a Doctor Who parody. That one... will be recorded and released in order.
 MJ
05-27-2005, 1:39 AM
And this is why I could find a way to get movie posters printed...
 The Adventurer
05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Ok, The Howard Saga will do nicely.

I'm actualy puttering away with drawing my own DVD covers, I've been trying to tackle my interpretation of The Lost Cause cast for a bit now, when I have something a little more final I'll post it up.

PS: Is Evil Dr. Beslie based on a real world parliment member? I'm thinking about making a Howard Cast Jam Piece too at some point and I need to start tracking down photo referances for the "real people"
 MJ
05-27-2005, 9:52 PM
The Evil Dr. Beazley is based on Kim Beazley, leader of the opposition in Australia, and a member of the Labour Party. That's Beazley behind Howard in the Tax Another Day poster.

Peter Costello (treasurer) and Alexander Downer (foreign relations) are both members of Howard's cabinet.

Number Two, Death, and the Evil Howard Clone are complete works of fiction.

This is my most recent effort at making covers for Lost Cause.
 The Adventurer
05-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey that's cool. You've got skill. I unfortunatly do not, so drawing takes forever.

My interpretation of the characters is a little more abstract then yours, though you being the creator you really know what these guys look like, EX: I've always seen Lube as looking like The Fonzie (you know, from Happy Days), slicked hair, leather jacket. Mostly because of the way he talks suggests "Greaser" but a total rube. Ham's a Space Trucker with a big ol Burt Renolds Mustache, and the Millenium Compliant a flying Big Rig. Among other....er...interpretations.

I go by the feel of their voices and situations. I like being creative.
 LiMP RABBiT
06-03-2005, 5:32 AM
Originally posted by The Adventurer
My interpretation of the characters is a little more abstract then yours, though you being the creator you really know what these guys look like, EX: I've always seen Lube as looking like The Fonzie (you know, from Happy Days), slicked hair, leather jacket. Mostly because of the way he talks suggests "Greaser" but a total rube. Ham's a Space Trucker with a big ol Burt Renolds Mustache, and the Millenium Compliant a flying Big Rig. Among other....er...interpretations.

If you do box art post it on the forums. I want to see these interpretations. Come on, they can't be worse than Darth Eggplants. Or can they...
http://www.geocities.com/number2stargate/number2logo.gif)
 MJ
06-03-2005, 6:48 PM
Hey, don't knock it. I don't see anyone else making a Nightlight fan website out there :)
Page: 1 of 1