Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSLPatcher v1.2.10b1 (mod installer)

Page: 6 of 6
 stoffe
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks stoffe, though as I said it worked with RowLabel I just had to put the 2DAMEMORY line after the itemtype was created.

It works in this case, but may be unreliable if some other mod adds lines with values in the row label column that are out of sequence so the row label no longer matches the line number of the row.

The value used for reference in this case is the line number, the row label just happens to match the line number in many (but not all) 2DA files as standard. But there is nothing that enforces this numbering since the row label doesn't seem to be used for anything by the game in the line number indexed 2DAs. :)
 Akaiten
11-20-2007, 3:51 AM
When appending tlk files to dialog.tlk the size of existing strings is increased by 1 (probably this appear only when size of dialog.tlk file exceed 10Mb).

To stoffe:
Heh, that's half the reason why I haven't posted the source code for my tools yet (it's not pretty).
Why you scare to open the source code of this tool? Like said russian proverb: "four eyes see more than two" :)

Thanks.
 Halarion
11-23-2007, 4:01 PM
I cant download the patcher from that site and i cant find another site. can you upload it somewhere so i can get it? I got alot of mods i want to install
/thx for the help
 RedHawke
11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
I got alot of mods i want to install
Just an FYI, but mods that use the patcher already are self contained, meaning you need to do nothing but download a mod and use the installer .exe file contained therein.
 Halarion
11-24-2007, 2:58 AM
When i had made the post then i could download the patcher, and i remembered the i did not have the right program for unziping the mods. So now i have the patcher and my mods installed.
It does help to post in forums :)
 stoffe
11-24-2007, 6:34 AM
When appending tlk files to dialog.tlk the size of existing strings is increased by 1 (probably this appear only when size of dialog.tlk file exceed 10Mb).

Hmm, I haven't noticed that. I'll have to look into it and see what causes it. Thanks for the heads-up. :)
 Soulforged
11-24-2007, 9:36 PM
I've a request, if it's not much to ask (that's what I don't know actually, how much work it will take): Is it possible for you, stoffe, to make this program handle all kinds of 2da files? Rather than just binary ones.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm using your program to install NWN2 modifications, but as you probably know NWN2 uses 2da binary files.

If you can't do it yourself then could I've a look at the source code? That will really help the NWN modding community (not just me, of course).

Thanks.
 stoffe
11-25-2007, 6:23 AM
I've a request, if it's not much to ask (that's what I don't know actually, how much work it will take): Is it possible for you, stoffe, to make this program handle all kinds of 2da files? Rather than just binary ones.

It should be possible to do, I've just been too lazy to get to it since it wasn't really needed and string matching of that variety is quite tedious work in a language without regular expressions or other advances string matching functionality. :)

But if there is need for it I can add it to the To Do list and try to implement it.

I'd have to update it to be able to handle the ERF V1.1 format as well so it can read NWN2 MOD files for it to be all that useful. If I recall correctly the differences were fairly minor, just implementing the longer 32 character ResRefs for the contained resources instead of the 16 character ones KOTOR/NWN1 uses? The ResType <--> File extension conversion table may be different as well.
 Soulforged
11-25-2007, 9:48 AM
It should be possible to do, I've just been too lazy to get to it since it wasn't really needed and string matching of that variety is quite tedious work in a language without regular expressions or other advances string matching functionality. :)

But if there is need for it I can add it to the To Do list and try to implement it.

I'd have to update it to be able to handle the ERF V1.1 format as well so it can read NWN2 MOD files for it to be all that useful. If I recall correctly the differences were fairly minor, just implementing the longer 32 character ResRefs for the contained resources instead of the 16 character ones KOTOR/NWN1 uses? The ResType <--> File extension conversion table may be different as well.
Thanks then. :) I really don't want to be a bother, I even tried to use your 2DA converter, but when I tried to convert the 2DA files of NWN2 to binary format, the results weren't always happy (sometimes the data on all columns was concatenated all together in the first column). Even if they were it wouldn't be user friendly since anyone using a mod like that would have to run the patcher and then use the converter to convert file by file back to a text 2DA. Anyway, thanks again for keeping your support to the modding community.
 Eefluxx
03-04-2008, 9:36 PM
I got a quick question

If I released something with the patcher and then decided to go back and add something that would override the original (ie. a TGA that I modified for darkside transistions) would I have to redo the whole thing or can I just add the new TGA's to the tslpatchdata folder and override the old TGA's
Page: 6 of 6