Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EaW wins Best Strategy game @ E3

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
05-24-2005, 6:46 AM
The editors of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Computer Gaming World, Official U.S. Playstation Magazines, and 1UP.com have voted Star Wars Empire At War the best Strategy Game on the show floor at this year's E3 show.

DMUK
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-24-2005, 2:19 PM
Good news.
 Darth Windu
05-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Out of how many?
 lukeiamyourdad
05-25-2005, 1:52 AM
Let's see...

Civilization IV, Warhammer 40k Dawn of War: Winter Assault, Company of Heroes, Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion, Blitzkrieg 2, Earth 2060, Heart of Empire: Rome, Age of Empires 3, Outfront II, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Heaven vs. Hell, etc.

I find your skepticism, disturbing.

Though I don't know how many of those were actually at E3.
 BeBop
05-26-2005, 7:34 PM
As far as I heard, Rome: Total War: Barabarian Invasion Expansion, Age of Empires III, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, Company of Heroes, Dragonshard, Civilization IV, Black & White 2, and Warhammer 40k Dawn of War Expansion, were the ones that were at E3 aside from EaW. The others you listed luke, I believe were a no-show.

Anyway, pretty good for EaW. A pretty good year for Strategy games in general. So for EaW to emerge on top is pretty good achievement.
 lukeiamyourdad
05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Probably. I only took what was listed in the news section of many gaming sites. Since they had new news (pun not intented) for pretty much every one of those RTS, I assumed it was at E3. But what do I know, I wasn't there :)

Thanks for the clarification BeBop :)

But still coming out on top of those games is amazing enough.
 DarthMaulUK
05-27-2005, 1:52 PM
It is indeed a very good achievement from Petrogylph and suddenly theres a trend of Lucasarts titles that are really not bad and have sold ever so well.

Since Battlefront, things have looked good (lets not count Galaxies expansions or Galaxies itself) Republic Commando again was a decent game plus KOTOR II.

And for the first time, we will have a fantastic RTS to play and it looks like it will be around for a long time once on sale.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1