Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anakin’s ancestry

Page: 1 of 1
 al9984
05-22-2005, 6:29 AM
I’ve put thins in "expanded Universe" because as far as I know this is not explained in the movies.

Who is Anakin's father? I know his mother says it was a "Virgin Birth" so to speak, but (and I hope I don't offend anyone) star wars is not the Bible and Anakin is not Jesus.

So I was wondering if a novel/comic etc sheds any light on this.

Was his birth a result of a love affair between his mother and a powerful Jedi like Luke/Leia?
 Shok_Tinoktin
05-22-2005, 8:50 AM
There is nothing about this outside the movies, to my knowledge.

Most likely the explanation is exactly what Qui-Gon believes to be true, that a midichlorian is Anakin's father. This is the explanation that I still believe to be true.

Another belief that has been speculated about recently, is

*episode 3 spoiler warning*

that the Sith may have manipulated the midichlorians in Shmi to create Anakin. So they believe that either Darth Sidious or Darth Plagueis are essential Anakin's "father".

At this point, those are the only logical explanations, considering the fact that Anakin's raw force potential greatly excedes any other force user alive, it seems unlikely that any of them would father him.
 abespam
05-22-2005, 10:02 AM
just wondering shok

Is Darth Plagueis sidious's former master?.. it wasn't really cleared up in the movie

and yeah medichlorians is the official explanation.
 Jo
05-22-2005, 10:32 AM
To answer abespam, yes. It is clarrified in the book. This leaves opens for new novels thank god :D
 Astrotoy7
05-23-2005, 5:33 AM
some violently disagree about what ep3 has revealed about anakins ancestry, saying it was merely palpatines way of getting anakins attention....

I havent read the ROTS novelisation, so do not know if it goes into any further detail...

i personally like the idea that
plagueis or sidious are anakins creators

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1