Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A question to the talented people at Nightlight...

Page: 1 of 1
 Olie
05-20-2005, 3:49 PM
Me and my colleagues have long been fans of your works, Beneath Monkey Island is an old favourite of mine and I'm currently enjoying Lost Cause. Keep up the good work.

But enough flattery, to my question. What type of software do you use in the production of your fine shows? I ask as me and my aforementioned colleagues are interested in producing our own, erm... production and I consider you (Nightlight) the example to follow.

Thanks,
Olie.

P.S. What the hell is this :evanpiel:?
 Holdios
05-20-2005, 4:08 PM
I'm nowhere near the quality of nightlight, but I do my own radio plays every so often, and I don't think they're too shabby. A GREAT program to have, and it's totally free, is "Audacity" Google it and you'll find it right away. Records good quality if your mic is ok, and it's easy to delete and move stuff. My only complaint is that it's hard to add sound effects in (for me at least), so I just import it into sound recorder and do that. Heh.

Happy trails and good luck.
 Olie
05-20-2005, 4:23 PM
Thankyou Holdios, much appreciated.
 MJ
05-20-2005, 7:21 PM
Hey there, Olie. This is going to sound like I'm spoilt with resources, but...

For recording a use a recording studio at the radio station. For editing, producing and mixing I use an Adobe program called Audition. I've never found it lacking. All my sound effects I get from a CD collection called The Hollywood Edge. An amazing set. I didn't think it was possible to have an entire CD dedicated to 'wind'.

Hit google, and good luck. Hope you stick around, we could use some newbies on the forum.

Originally posted by Olie

P.S. What the hell is this :evanpiel:?

He's some weird assed Star Wars smilie face.

See guys, there ARE other people who listen to Nightlight stuff, they just don't post. Nightlight's getting about 30 hits an hour at the moment, on good days. Probably even more if I updated regularily. :)
 Huz
05-21-2005, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Holdios
My only complaint is that it's hard to add sound effects in (for me at least), so I just import it into sound recorder and do that. Heh.You can add sound effects as a separate track in Audacity - very handy, because it's easy to move them around (to tweak the timing) or replace them altogether, right up until you export the project to MP3/wav. Audacity does start to chug a little if you have too many tracks though.

Unless you meant sound effects like reverb, in which case I have no idea!
 Olie
05-21-2005, 9:15 AM
Originally posted by 8 of 12
He's some weird assed Star Wars smilie face.

:evanpiel: He doesn't look very happy.

P.S. If ever that recording studio's booked up, try a public library. Nice and quiet.

Olie.
 MJ
05-21-2005, 9:23 AM
The brigadier's right, you can use a seperate track

Heh. I can always get time at the radio station's studio. It helps when the people who work there do the voices in your radio shows :)
Page: 1 of 1